Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Phoenix,AZ/phone not authorized

Phoenix, Arizona/Huawei Ascend/since 5-13/480-255-xxxx

My texts started not going through last Friday. I called my voicemail and received a "your phone is not authorized for use" message. My bill is paid up to June 20th. I called customer service/tech support around 10 times in the last week, starting on Friday. They have had me *228, ##626*, power cycle several times each. A couple of times, I got my service back for less than a day, but then it would stop working again the same or next day and I'd get the same "not authorized" message. I went into a corporate store (Country Club/Southern 602-458-4488 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting 602-458-4488 end_of_the_skype_highlighting) and they did a factory reset. My phone worked that day, and then the next day I got the "not authorized" message again. This morning (10am), I went back to the same store, and the same guy who reset my phone (Whitney, I believe), did something to my account, saying that there was a switch that was wrong or something like that. Today, at around 2:45pm, I tried to use my phone again, and got the same "not authorized" message.

2 days ago, someone send a text to my number (the sender verified that it was my number) and received a response of "who is this?". I was asleep when they sent the text, so I know that the response was not sent from my phone. Someone else received a text intended for me at my number.

I'm at a loss for what to do next. I am able to call the 800 customer service number from my phone, but I can't call any local numbers. The 800 customer service says that they can't do anything and that I have to go into the store, but the store is not fixing my problem. I haven't had access to my phone/texts in a week (but the internet still works consistently), and I've missed important calls from work. It seems like someone else is getting my calls/texts, but I really don't know what's going on. I just want to be able to use the service that I've already paid for, and not have to keep going back to the store only to have it not work later the same day.

Can anyone help me?
    Last edited by Lixious; 05-20-2011 at 09:38 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

I should add that I've had cricket service for over 7 years, and this current phone/number has been active since November 2010, so it's not a new account. I don't know why it stopped working all of a sudden.

Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I was having problems sending texts in North Phoenix when I was there. When I went back south everything was alright... Have you noticed it only in certain areas more?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Not really. I mean, there have always been spots where it works better than others, but I used to be able to make calls just about everywhere in the Phoenix area. Everything was fine until last Friday, and then nothing anywhere. It's not a problem with coverage, but something to do with my account. Do you know if there's a way to escalate tech support to get my account corrected so that I have service?

Thread Information