Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 2.0%

Question phone went crazy......help

Not sure if I'm posting in the right place but here goes, my Huawei Ascend was working fine until earlier this afternoon, couldn't get any internet to load, thought it was weather related, snowing bad and very cold here(Glassport, PA outside Pittsburgh 15045), then noticed signal was low, tried to send some texts with no luck, and when calling out to any number I get a busy signal, including dialing 228 to see what would happen, but the weirdest thing is that when checking my signal strength, noticed my phone number listed is different than the one associated with my phone, don't know how or when that changed, but was receiving calls fine before this.
    Have had the phone about a year with no major problems, probably can't get to a Cricket store until Monday, internet is working now, but no calls or texts, can anybody help???

2. Remove this advertisement.

Sound like cricket change the esn by mistake. I would try *228 send on your phone and see if it reprograms with your number.

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    Sound like cricket change the esn by mistake. I would try *228 send on your phone and see if it reprograms with your number.
    Thank you, was dialing 228 without the *....haha, phone is working after the *228, and number went back to normal, much appreciated!
    Any idea how or why that happened though?

Thread Information