Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Supporting Member

puzzled ....free data?

Had to catch your attention. So can someone please explain why my LG optimus c and storm 2 both have full data and text. And the storm 2 has voice? This happened right after I payed my bill. I've been using it like a free 3g tablet and tethering to my Mac.just curious if this happened to anyone else?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

This happens for a few minutes to a few days if you did an ESN change..

Once I bought a Samsung Suede with a bad ESN from a customer (accidently), and the thing had WAP and Music for over 2 months even though it was not active on any accounts.

(She had switched it out with an ascend. She managed to turn the suede on before they made the ESN bad. Of course I got screwed out of 40 bucks.)

Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    This happens for a few minutes to a few days if you did an ESN change..

Once I bought a Samsung Suede with a bad ESN from a customer (accidently), and the thing had WAP and Music for over 2 months even though it was not active on any accounts.

(She had switched it out with an ascend. She managed to turn the suede on before they made the ESN bad. Of course I got screwed out of 40 bucks.)
    It didn't start until today which is a full month after I switched. I feel like this is possible and right now I'm using one as a voip phone and the other as my regular .. nice to have a little browser with full 3g everywhere lol.just hope it doesn't stop.

Supporting Member

Lol well it just started an entire month later.its my test device I'd know if it had data before..this is odd

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

It is normal. If you have web on your account, any phone that has your EVDO settings will have 3g data on it. It sometimes works on Android phones too. It is kind of a "system hole".

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by notstandart View Post
    It is normal. If you have web on your account, any phone that has your EVDO settings will have 3g data on it. It sometimes works on Android phones too. It is kind of a "system hole".
    This is true, but in my experience it usually doesn't last for more than 24 hours.

Maybe they don't have the tech to deal with this issue in all markets.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

As long as the MIN on the old phone is the same as the MIN on the active account this will happen. Both phones will likely get text messages too. Quirk of Cricket's CDMA network. Been that way for years.
    Thing is tho you'll likely get burned on your bandwidth usage by using two phones that way. But maybe not who knows.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    As long as the MIN on the old phone is the same as the MIN on the active account this will happen. Both phones will likely get text messages too. Quirk of Cricket's CDMA network. Been that way for years.
    Thing is tho you'll likely get burned on your bandwidth usage by using two phones that way. But maybe not who knows.
    Our Market doesn't have this issue with text, but I have heard that in the past even voice would come through for a day or two.

Phone
    LG Optimus C

This happened to me as well when I changed my ESN. When I called my number both phones would ring at the same time, both phones would receive any incoming text message and data worked on both phones. Though, when I made a call using the old phone I got a message saying "We could not complete your call" and only sometimes I was able to answer calls on the old phone while most of the time it popped up with a "signal faded" message and dropped the call.

Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Last edited by funnyboy243; 08-01-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Supporting Member

Still running funny enough, I now use one of them as a normal phone and use the other one to wireless tether on my laptop and just browse the web/ text via google voice. Great system hole cricket Surprised people don't abuse this. I could easily turn this into a VOIP phone and a regular.

Thread Information