Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    March2008
    Phone
    M886 Mercury

Question remote retrieval of txt msgs

I currently have my phone disassembled to repair it... in the mean time i pull my voicemails off my cricket account with another phone and my own password. Is there still a way to get SMS text msgs off the account with a computer. I did this a few times like 5 years ago ... i had the min. budget plan back then with sms only not mms ... and when some one sent video clips to me ... the only way to view them was a website cricket had
    http://209.247.73.78/mmbox/otp.html

is there a way to get your own text msgs off your account when your phone is broke?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Sorry, not possible. The meid number needs to be registered before you can get them. It is technically possible, but not legal, and hence against the forum rules.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Customer Since
    March2008
    Phone
    M886 Mercury

I am all paid up for the month so why wouldn't my meid # be registered?

do you mean the phone has to be turned on?

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Has anyone tried watacrackaz or Autosms and similar programs to achieve this?

Customer Since
    March2008
    Phone
    M886 Mercury

sms check msgs on my account

LOts of these softwares need your phone to be powered on ... any that don't ?? anybody familiar with these, .... since apparentky cricket doesn't offer it to us customers
    Last edited by HuskerNation; 07-06-2013 at 11:41 PM. Reason: delete duplicate post

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

I meant the only way to see your texts is to power on the phone that is currently registered with Cricket.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    april 201

sms option

U need to have a working phone for confirmation. Sign up with google voice get a # then set it up to work with your carrier. Then select settings-select sms and your last 15 to 25 sms should pull over just be sure to use same gmail that's on that phone. Hope this helps.

Customer Since
    March2008
    Phone
    M886 Mercury

Quote Originally Posted by Reese208 View Post
    U need to have a working phone for confirmation. Sign up with google voice get a # then set it up to work with your carrier. Then select settings-select sms and your last 15 to 25 sms should pull over just be sure to use same gmail that's on that phone. Hope this helps.
    Ok this is good info, I am able to get the "new" txt coming in with google Voice, I opened the voice acct with another phone not my broken one, ... then added my broken phone's # to GV , but did not even verify it. For now this just fine , i'm ok with it, in fact tickled. When i repair the target phone maybe i can get the 15-25 older txt ,... but by then its not actually required is it , ... Athough, I really like this program, ... going to continue using it for the multitude of other features it offers. Anybody who hasn't explored this program out yet, give it a test drive. Something I was always meaning to do anyway, but never got around to it

Thread Information