Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

ubercajun

San Antonio, TX - Interesting MMS issue

I was curious as to wether anyone else is having this particular issue and if so, how did you rectify it.

My home area is in San Antonio, TX and like many others I am caught up in the whole billing issue fiasco. I'm using the Huawei Ascend. Everytime I attempt to view my bill it tells me that there is a problem and they're "looking into it".

As far as my MMS issue goes...I am able to send MMS without a hitch but I am not able to recieve them when they are sent to my standard number 210-XXX-XXXX. I can, though, recieve them when they are sent to 210XXXXXXX@mms.mycricket.com. This has been ongoing for about 9 days now which is around the time when the billing issue began.

Ive contacted CS and they seemed to have no idea what I was refering to. I informed them I already *228'd my phone as well as restoring it back to factory settings and flashing the stock rom back to it. My wife, who also has the Ascend is having the billing issue and MMS issue as well. The CS rep informed me that he would be "refreshing" my services and that should help. Unfortunately it did not.

Any suggestions or insight as to what exactly might be going on here?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I've experienced different network issues while traveling throughout the United States. Cricket is going through some changes in general, and I have to wonder if they've modified the MMS in some way.

Flashed phones don't get updates, and I've had flashed phones get MMS flawlessly and then all of a sudden not.

The most stable phone is what I have now. A Droid 2 on Gingerbread. Everything seems to work fine. I wish I had tested the SMS out while traveling through San Antonio this past weekend.

At this point, you should probably take it into a CORPORATE store. By now, if others have had problems they definitely would have complained.

Please let us know the outcome of it all. You have seem to taken the correct steps on your end.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

ubercajun

I have an update for my issue. I havent been able to take it into a corporate store yet but I have found out that both my wife and I are able to send and recieve MMS from others who use cricket as well. The issue seems to only be recieving MMS from people on other networks. I have had people using Verizon, ATT, TMobile and Sprint send me multiple MMS and I have yet to recieve any.

Thanks for your update. Have all calls and texts from other networks been coming through fine? I've seen many things happens before with Cricket.

How about your friends with Cricket? Are their MMS messages messing up also?

Marissa.Victoria210

His i live in san antonio and me and A lot of other people that have Cricket are having the same problem with the picture messaging. I can send pics out and my friends will receive my pictures but when my family or friends send pictures to my phone i don't receive anything at all. They have sprint and etc not Cricket. But the only pics i can sometimes receive is if they have Cricket. I been to a corp store, i dialed *228. I basically did everything and it still don't work.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Please use the contact form and send your number. We'll try to use this new method of refreshing accounts. Thanks.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Marissa.Victoria210

Okay i did. But I'm curious what happens now after i went to contact form?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Give it about 30 minutes and then try to receive a MMS. Also have them try sending an MMS to yourphonenumber@mms.mycricket.com. Please post the results.

Marissa.Victoria210

its still not working

Marissa.Victoria210

its still not working

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

We should have kept our replies here. For anyone else reading, Marissa and myself have found many users in San Antonio who have had these problems. It is an ongoing issue and Cricket has not had much input as far as we can see.

Thread Information