Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Tethering connection and speed issues

I have the droid $55.00 plan PLUS the $10.00 tethering. When I first set it up I used tether.exe(?) and everything was fine on two machines. One running 7 and one running XP Pro. Then both machines stopped seeing the droid. Simultaneously. Tether.exe didn't help. I have to use PDA Net which I hate because I have to leave my Droid in wide open vulnerable debugging mode. Then today the speed went to hell. On both machines. I ran speed tests both are getting .05Mpbs download and .5 upload. .05 is worse than dial up. Gmail pops up a message about some features not working due to "Connection Speed Problems." Others just time out or take forever. Forget video or even photos. Are they limiting the speed? Do they think people will pay $10.00/month for unusably slow tethering? Any suggestions or solutions?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I've always kept us debugging on. Have you gone over your 1 gb cap?

mine was worse...

Quote Originally Posted by smanion View Post
    I have the droid $55.00 plan PLUS the $10.00 tethering. When I first set it up I used tether.exe(?) and everything was fine on two machines. One running 7 and one running XP Pro. Then both machines stopped seeing the droid. Simultaneously. Tether.exe didn't help. I have to use PDA Net which I hate because I have to leave my Droid in wide open vulnerable debugging mode. Then today the speed went to hell. On both machines. I ran speed tests both are getting .05Mpbs download and .5 upload. .05 is worse than dial up. Gmail pops up a message about some features not working due to "Connection Speed Problems." Others just time out or take forever. Forget video or even photos. Are they limiting the speed? Do they think people will pay $10.00/month for unusably slow tethering? Any suggestions or solutions?
    I purchased the $10 tethering yesterday... today my speed was .01 upload on my main machine, and on my laptop it never could load the page to even get a reading... PATHETIC. I called and got a refund.

The girl tried to explain that if we have an existing plan, that does not cap data usage, then the $10 add-on has "speed issues" (uh, ya think!). She said in order to get decent speed, you have to have a plan that has tethering included and the caps of 1.5gb and such and so on... she apologized that my "agent" didnt properly inform me... I told her THE WEBSITE says NOTHING about it, and is not properly informing people.

Customer Since
    11/2009
    Phone
    Huawei +Alcatel

Heck, I don't even want, or use the tethering option, but cricket keeps telling me I'm using it! They try to get me to pay for this! I have to turn my phone off, then on, to make it stop for a little while. Called customer service, they said it was fixed(ha, ha), but it's back the next day! Cricket better get their act together, I can use my phone on other cdma carriers.

Thread Information