Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Phone
    Samsung Suede

Tethering-enabled Cricket Devices

On October 30th, customers will receive a message on their tethered peripheral device and cricKet will actively prevent these customers from tethering.
    This is because tethering has now become an add-on feature for cricKet.
    The first device that will be supported is the huawei Ascend II

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by 113CassJoliet View Post
    On October 30th, customers will receive a message on their tethered peripheral device and cricKet will actively prevent these customers from tethering.
    This is because tethering has now become an add-on feature for cricKet.
    The first device that will be supported is the huawei Ascend II

I've heard of this before, but I am interested to see how Cricket plans to block tethering. Wouldn't other companies have done this also if it were that simple?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Do you think they're going to block phones that aren't compatible with the tethering add-on yet? I hope they don't block all phones if the Huawei Ascend 2 is the only one that is compatible.

just in case anyone is wondering, as of today 11/7, im on an evo 4g running cm7(which still kicks ass btw), i can confirm wifi and usb tether still work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by zoydberg View Post
    just in case anyone is wondering, as of today 11/7, im on an evo 4g running cm7(which still kicks ass btw), i can confirm wifi and usb tether still work perfectly.
    It has been working for me too.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Ya I was wondering when I read that too. How are they gonna know? AT&T guessed wrong when they tried. What does Cricket know that they dont? It may be they will just notify customers who use a lot of bw, but with the throttling whats the difference?

Not something I am gonna lose sleep over.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Cricket IT should concentrate on their own systems first if they are worried about this.

They lose A LOT more money on CID downtime than they do on the few people who tether.

Well, I got a text yesterday saying I would need to add the $10 add-on in order to share my phone's Internet with other devices and not be blocked. I started tethering today, and I was so nervous because I thought I was going to be blocked and not have access to the forum on my laptop, but thankfully it's still working!

Has anyone been blocked yet?

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

I rooted my wife's lg optimus c, I use WIFI Teather and Easy Teather via usb. I'm using the phone right now to post this via the laptop. So i'm not blocked yet either.

Chris

really??

Ive been using tethering for some time now. The thing is that since phone acts as router there is no way cricket can tell if its a phone or other device. If they increase bandwidth cap, then i'll pay extra

Phone
    Huawei Ascend 2

The real problem is Cricket's Data Limit. I surpassed it two weeks before my bill was due. I have an Ascend 2 with the Muve update. I did not root it. How much more do I have to pay for Muve music, and can I extend my data limit? The phone has a drivers folder for "usbnet_driver_win2k_xp" Which only contains a link to Microsoft's ActiveSync application. It looks like it's meant for usb tethering. It seems to be useless. I read on this forum there is a program that works better for usb tethering. Does Cricket frown upon torrents? Does Cricket dislike tethering because they are worried about how much data each customer is using or are they just trying to make an extra buck to compensate for how much data they are putting out? Just posing questions. I just want to tether using usb.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Perfectswanson View Post
    The real problem is Cricket's Data Limit. I surpassed it two weeks before my bill was due. I have an Ascend 2 with the Muve update. I did not root it. How much more do I have to pay for Muve music, and can I extend my data limit? The phone has a drivers folder for "usbnet_driver_win2k_xp" Which only contains a link to Microsoft's ActiveSync application. It looks like it's meant for usb tethering. It seems to be useless. I read on this forum there is a program that works better for usb tethering. Does Cricket frown upon torrents? Does Cricket dislike tethering because they are worried about how much data each customer is using or are they just trying to make an extra buck to compensate for how much data they are putting out? Just posing questions. I just want to tether using usb.
    Tethering and data in general is limited because bandwidth is limited. Simple as that. As many smartphones as there are now it strains the network capacity if they dont limit it.
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    Mercury M886

....how much money is Leap Wireless making??? seems to me they can buy some extra bandwidth to keep peeps like me on the hook before I dive elsewhere! I've been paying $55/ month for 4 months for nothing really; waiting on the merc to replace a stolen phone...my bill is due 12/17 and unless I have a Merc in my hand, it won't be extended
    Last edited by Sport; 12-11-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Sport View Post
    ....how much money is Leap Wireless making??? seems to me they can buy some extra bandwidth to keep peeps like me on the hook before I dive elsewhere! I've been paying $55/ month for 4 months for nothing really; waiting on the merc to replace a stolen phone...my bill is due 12/17 and unless I have a Merc in my hand, it won't be extended
    You obviously know nothing to little about wireless spectrum and bandwidth. There isn't a store you can just go to to get more. It's auctioned by the FCC and if there isn't an auction there is only swaps with other companies to get additional bandwidth. They just did this with Verizon.
    Sorry to sound snarky but the fact that you havent replaced your phone while waiting for a new phone to be released is only your problem. It it makes you leave Cricket for an other carrier so be it.

Sorry but I so tire of the "I am gonna take my my money and go elsewhere if you don't..." posts. All I hear when I read these is " I am gonna take my toys and go home because youre mean". Wah. Go.

Sorry again, but Cricket customers can be some of the most self entitled whiny b*tches that I have ever run across. You don't have a contract, go.
    Sorry again, I spend too much time on FB trying to offer assistance and when someone posts on my FB page telling me to mind my own business, it makes me want to throttle someone.

Overall activity: 12.0%

Woof a agree 100% with you on this.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information