Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Mercury M886

No sarcasm intended from my end....But opposed to buying something I really didn't want I waited patiently for the M886; expecting it to show in November...didn't happen so I paid another $55. When my Dec bill is due I will decide whether to Renew or Drop the account; and perhaps, or not, create a new line later if that is the scenario that ensues, (and I deem the machine worthy). OH BTW>>>Taking our dollars elsewhere is the only option we as consumers have and I wouldn't ....never mind I'm wasting energy with this

Just an aside...If the Young Lady at my local store that I praised so highly in a previous post took lessons from you...Just let me say, as a businessman and an agent for Cricket you may have just saved me $300. Thank You!!!

I will NOT play "tit-for-tat"; I've had my say and stand between my money and where it goes.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Let's get back on topic please.

Thank you.

Phone
    Mercury M886

Ave. I apologize my tirades should have been posted elsewhere

I wish there was an Android plan with a higher bandwidth soft cap. I'd buy a tethering feature if an increase was included. I have a Droid X that I use as a combination phone and tiny tablet. I live in an apartment with free WiFi, but the Internet connection in my building went down for three weeks last month. Between streaming on YouTube and watching video game reviews, the bandwidth allowance lasted me about a week and a half. I ended up at 2.4GB for the month.

Good luck finding a carrier that offers unlimited bandwidth these days. At least I don't have to worry about opening the bill and finding a huge overage charge.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Does anyone know if having this add-on added to a plan will allow a non-Ascend II phone to tether using a 3rd party app? I had someone ask me today, and I couldn't find an answer for them.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby9058 View Post
    Does anyone know if having this add-on added to a plan will allow a non-Ascend II phone to tether using a 3rd party app? I had someone ask me today, and I couldn't find an answer for them.
    Not even sure you can put the tethering feature on anything other than the A2. I can tether on my flashed evo 3d w/o the feature on my account, so I would think it wouldnt be needed.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i did and the lady got all angrywhen her pda tether 30 day trial expired. she had a zte score.

Their options depend on whether the phone is rooted or not. Rooted Android phones have a wide variety of third-party apps to choose from. You can tether wirelessly or by USB. Non-rooted phones are limited to June Fabrics PdaNet or EasyTether.

PdaNet -- USB Tether/Bluetooth DUN for Android

https://market.android.com/details?i...HJlYW0uZTJ0Il0

Both require USB connections (PdaNet also supports Bluetooth DUN,) and both have a free version that works for a little while and then disables connections to secure sites unless you buy the full version. EasyTether is a little cheaper than PdaNet. I bought PdaNet before EasyTether was available. PdaNet works very well. Haven't used EasyTether.

Phone
    iPhone 4S

Yes, per the training on Cricket U. It will allow access to it but Cricket will provide no support.

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    Not even sure you can put the tethering feature on anything other than the A2. I can tether on my flashed evo 3d w/o the feature on my account, so I would think it wouldnt be needed.
    (Fyi, first post here, & I'm new to cell phones... so this is a cell phones for dummies guy.)

1) Does this mean some (flashed?) phones will still tether w/o the new official Cricket $10 monthly tether add-on? Maybe a flashed Android phone with the right Apps or something? Any details or knowledge base to do it?

2) I read some news somewhere that in 2012 Cricket will do some type of PayGo Day or short term Internet Data plan too, so I would assume one will be able to tether with these new short-term plans??? Any new info available?

3) Has it ever been possible to bluetooth or WiFi with 3rd party Apps & tether on the PayGo *Day* plans using their unlimited mobileweb internet connection? I'm confused by their unlimited mobileweb on their PG Day plans... meaning that mobileweb feature on the phone to access the Internet can't also be accessed by tethering to some software installed on the (flashed? android? or other?) phone w/3rd party apps... so a computer could be tethered to the Internet through that 3rd party android or other example on a PG per/day plan???

4) Also, can these flashed phones run "locked onto" the higher speed Internet network by forcing Cricket's web-access onto its 3g EVDO Rev. A speed & not downshift & off-ramp to slower speed as long as reception is good?

5) What speed(s) does mobileweb run on different plans, or is it the same speed for every plan?

Thanks Cricketer experts
    Last edited by deVries; 01-30-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Overall activity: 12.0%

Ok this is the last time I post anything about Tethering with cricket. Is it possible to tether and not pay $10 per month?? the answer is YES!!!!!

I will only state for Windows Machines as that is all I use. To be able to tether without the fee and getting that screen, you need to change the DefaultTTL settings in your registry. It's that simple!!. I'm not going to list the number to set it or how to do it. This info is available all around the web.

Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Still tethering here in Houston, TX

Using the stock sprint app

Send from my Galaxy S2 Epic Touch

Quote Originally Posted by mexiking713 View Post
    Still tethering here in Houston, TX

Using the stock sprint app

Send from my Galaxy S2 Epic Touch
    That's because you're using Android OS and it doesn't have the TTL settings. My wife can tether just fine on her Assus Transformer, But I couldn't tether the PC untill I changed the the Defualt TTL in registry.

Overall activity: 58.0%

Phone
    zte score

Look i got that message today on my rooted zte score usin easytether ONLY when i was tryin to use crickets network to do it u can tether unlimited with your own wifi connection usin the pro easytether

Quote Originally Posted by Melvin Martin:48952
    Look i got that message today on my rooted zte score usin easytether ONLY when i was tryin to use crickets network to do it u can tether unlimited with your own wifi connection usin the pro easytether
    So you were tethering your phone to your home PC?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information