I have an HTC Evo 4G (not the LTE) that has been flashed to Cricket. It was purchased used and quietly rooted (whatever that truly means.) It has been flashed to Cricket by a professional (ie, I didn't do it myself and paid someone to do it. They actually did it using team viewer on my computer.)

"Most" things seem to be ok on it. However, I cannot receive pictures and when I try to open a pic someone has sent me, I get a "transient" error message.

It was suggested that I update my profile by going through menu/system updates/update profile. For some people that seems to fix the MMS bug. I get an error message there as well.

Not only can I not receive picture messages I cannot send them.

It says I am using android version 2.3.3.

I don't know much about this phone, it is my first smart phone. My son bought it for me for my birthday. So anyone responding, please keep that in mind.

I would really like to know how to fix this problem. My children are sending me pictures of my grandkids and so on, and I'm missing out. We've gone back to posting on Facebook and sending through email as a work around.

Everything else thus far seems to work great. The only thing I have not done yet is to download a GPS app. One thing at a time :-)

Not for sure, but I suspect that this may be an all to common problem, as I have heard (thus far) 3 other Cricket users tell me they are having MMS issues too.

Blessings of love, light, good health and abundance.

Felicita