Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 22.0%

So were you able to get 3G back in ICS? I was currently in GB and on the Iusacell network and everything worked fine, once I got the update to ICS it screwed my setup, I tried to configure everything back again but I dont have 3G only 1x and also my phone info and prl info and such is not showing. Thanks

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

I have talk, text, 3G & Internet working but I had alot of issues getting my 3G to work but finally got it working. My only hiccup is MMS but im working on that as we speak. I have to use GO SMS Pro for MMS. One thing I learned about ICS is that as along you program with QPST & CDMA Workshop your phone is correctly flashed internally but ICS still reads the SIM card and act like those are settings on the phone but there not. As long as your hearing "WELCOME TO CRICKET" when you 611, you do have right PRL.

As far APN's go, ICS locks them thru the APN part but you can edit them thru ##PROGRAM 13 APN CONTROLS.

One last thing....go thru RAZR forums on here because they share alot of settings and features. Plus Dina help out by saying to flash you need to have the phone in BP TOOLS "volume up/down & power key method".

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    This phone is probably a good choice for those who have to write long e-mails on the go. Anyone who loves a keyboard might want to look into it. Not the best screen, but it could be a very productive device for the right individual.

I suggest you already have an active Cricket account on the Android plan prior to starting this. Personally, I don't flash phones unless I can manually place a phone number and MIN on the device. If you need to start an account, please consider visiting your local authorized dealer.

As with most phones, I consider getting into DIAG mode the most important step when even thinking about flashing a phone.

Video

DIAG Mode

- Download Motorola Drivers:
    MOTODEV > Documentation & Tools > USB Drivers

Install the drivers above if you have not already.

Usually with these newer devices, I'd use BP Tools to access the device. This is done similar to the same way you'd get the phone ready to SBF. Have a USB cable plugged in only to the computer. Hold down both volume keys on the Droid 4 and plug it in. Use the down volume to scroll down in the menu and the up volume to select.

HOWEVER

Even with the proper drivers installed, I could not access the phone from QPST or CDMA Workshop. Here comes in trust old HW Serial Port. Install this and put the Droid 4 in PC Mode (connect with USB cord first).

HW Serial Port

1. Download Virtual Serial Port single port free version here:
      HW VSP (Virtual Serial Port) - Free Virtual Serial Port to connect any TCP/IP Terminal server to your Windows as a virtual serial port

2. Install Virtual Serial Port. Open the program.
    3. Virtual Serial Port tab > Hit login button (password is the default one so just continue), IP address = 192.168.16.2, Port 11008
    4. Settings Tab > uncheck NVT Enabled
    5. Go back to the Virtual Serial Port tab and hit create com. Status of VSP should change to opened and LAN should eventually change to Connected. Give it time. If LAN changes to Error then delete the COM and try to retrace your steps.

CMDA Workshop

CDMA Workshop is required to send NV items to your Droid. You may be able to just send NV items to the device with CDMA Ware's free NV item sender (
    http://cdma-ware.com/workshop/nv-ite...der_writer.rar

).

NV items are available here: Attachment 1729 <-- obtained from whiterabbit.org

Attachment 1659Attachment 1660Attachment 1661Attachment 1662

Instructions below are for CDMA Workshop though. The R-RIM step might not be required.

1. Open CDMA Workshop.
    2. Connect to the port your device is on (HW Serial Port, port number unless you were able to use BP Tools to establish a port)
    3. Go to the security tab > SPC > type 000000 > hit SPC button > send. You should get a message that the SPC is correct.
    4. Go to memory tab > hit write > locate nv items and send them to the device. You should get a message that they were sent to the device.
    5. Go to the Other tab > change R-UIM config to NV only > hit read > once the process is complete hit write.
    6. Close CDMA Workshop. No need to reset the device even though CDMA WS will prompt you and make that option available.

QPST Screenshots (every screen used or not)

Config

Attachment 1615Attachment 1616

Open QPST configuration if you have not added the port before. Click Add New Port and find the Droid 4. You might have to uncheck the box as seen in the picture to find the appropriate port. Once you've added it, click it, and then go to start clients. Scroll down and click Service Programming.

Service Programming

Attachment 1614Attachment 1619Attachment 1620Attachment 1621Attachment 1622Attachment 1623Attachment 1624Attachment 1625Attachment 1626Attachment 1627Attachment 1628Attachment 1629Attachment 1630Attachment 1631Attachment 1632Attachment 1633Attachment 1634Attachment 1635Attachment 1636Attachment 1637Attachment 1638Attachment 1642Attachment 1640Attachment 1641Attachment 1639Attachment 1643Attachment 1644

You cannot read and write like other devices. If you have been flashing for a little while, you can see that we are faced with more challenges now (with LTE devices).

Select your phone from the list and click okay. That screen should disappear and another should appear. Follow the screenshots above and enter your information.

PRLs for the ROAM tab can be found here: http://www.cricketusers.com/flashing...rl-thread.html

Once you are complete, hit "Write to Phone" and give it time to send everything.

3G Stability

This whole section will be a major topic of concern. It's always hard to pinpoint what might be causing any instability. I have to travel outside my apt and test this.. It could be a PRL, tower in my area or something else that is causing problems. Data works well for the most part. When the phone is asleep for a while it can go out though. You turn it back on and the logo is there, but the 3G cycles upon a request for data. Then it's back up and running again.

Change the operating mode: Settings > wireless and networks > mobile networks > Network mode (CDMA only) and System select (automatic)

---EVERYTHING BELOW IS FOR TESTING---

I'm not sure if the first part matters. I try a million things to troubleshoot. There are so many combinations of settings it boggles my mind. If you do both steps it should work.

1. Go to the dialer, dial ##program then talk, enter 000000, go to LTE test settings, SIM type, set to 3G test UICC, hit apply, and back out all the way.
    2. Use APN Backup and Restore to backup current APNs. Use Anycut to make a shortcut to APNs. Delete all APNs. EDIT: Restored backed up APNs. Not the solution?

--END--

ESN Change

After the phone reboots, you'll probably be ready to test it out a little. Remember that our supporting members get free ESN changes...

If you're a supporting members please go here: Services

If you're not click here or visit your local authorized Cricket dealer.

MMS

This was handled by mraab's $5 solution. Modified APNs with no luck. Upload adddress changed to 111111 with no luck either.

Perfect MMS setup for me was:

1. mraabhimself MMS solution - Of course disable stock app notifications as it suggests, actually froze stock MMS app using Titanium Backup (rooted of course)
    2. SMS Time Fix - Not sure if text time stamps were correct. Common sometimes with different MMS apps.
    3. Light Flow Lite - This is to get LED notifications back.

PROXY

Pushing u2nl and autostart fails. Permission denied even with the phone rooted. Manually setting it up using Root Explorer doesn't allow for correct operation either. If you're on the Android plan it will route through the proxy, however if you drop it down to the 45 plan, you'll incur problems. The Android OS proxy setting will allow for web browsing only (no Market, no use of apps that require Internet).

Chris your posts are always so pretty, no lie, no joke

Overall activity: 3.0%

Phone
    Droid 4 - $45 plan

Ugh, MMS is a pita. I think it has to do with the APNs but there must be other factors/settings that also contribute. I got it working with GB but I'm using the same APNs with ICS and MMS isn't working again.

I haven't gotten MMS working quite yet but it seems that ICS is more reliant on the /etc/apns-conf.xml file.

Another question I have is that when I reboot my phone and ICS fully loads it's popping up the "Please Wait ... Activation" box like my phone isn't activated but I'm getting sms and when I dial *611 it says, "Welcome to Cricket." Does anyone know how to get rid of that activation prompt?
    Last edited by xsylus; 08-23-2012 at 01:35 PM.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

i never got activation screen.....i tried different apns-conf.xml files with no luck. evertime i copy and paste with permissions changed, it just blacks out or shall i say erases everything in the apns. i tried editing apns.conf file on the phone directly and had the settings stay but no MMS still! smh i also tried did the mraarb solution but never got a respond back....been like 2 weeks already.

Phone
    Droid 4 - $45 plan

Yea, the mcc has to be 311 and the mnc has to be 480 for the apns to show.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

I wonder if there are any MMS solutions on RAZR forums. Ive been looking but everything was for when you were on GB and not ICS

Phone
    Droid 4 - $45 plan

Something's different, with GB even before I could receive I could still send, with ICS nada on both counts. I imagine having to use 311 instead of 310 for the MCC and 480 instead of 004 for the MNC might be having a major impact. It seems Verizon is forcing the phone to ignore the APN with any other settings besides their own. Clever but annoying. Wish there was a way to flash/program the sim card directly. Perhaps a newer version of QPST will emerge with more support and/or options.

(side note)
    It's ironic on the Motorola support forums it says the Android browser is not supported. O_o What genius in this day and age would intenionally make a website that doesn't support mobile devices? Especially a Motorola website. Whoever is working on the support forums needs to be fired because the whole site is clunky, poorly organized, unintuitive and often redirects to error pages.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

I can recieve mms with stock app. Just cant send. BTW im on custom rom (Epclise 1.2.1) but i was able when I was on the .217 leak or as know OTA version of ICS that Verizon is pushing now.

Phone
    Droid 4 - $45 plan

Got MMS working through handcent as well as default text message app. I can send and receive MMS now. Yey!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

So your using Handcent to get your mms?

Phone
    Droid 4 - $45 plan

Yea, I've been using handcent for a long time because I like how customizable the UI is although the ICS version of the default text message app isn't half bad compared to the previous versions. I tested MMS in both apps and it's working great.

I wonder if there is any software out there that can program the lte sim card so that it can have the correct min, mdn, and prl version listed. It seems verizon is able to program/write the sim card OTA so I would imagine it would have to be possible. Most of the sim card writers I've found are for GSM cards and I'm not sure how much support they have for lte sim cards. I found a hidden menu on the D4 that lets you view the sim card details but it doesn't offer any way of modifying it. I also found a hidden program call Sim Tool kit on the phone but it force closes when I try to run it.

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

So what settings are you using for MMS? I had MMS working with GO SMS Pro but I cant get it work again. I would like Stock MSG app to work but i guess i cant be picky. I also tried MrAbbhimself $5 APP but it says it wont install. I wonder if it because Im on safe side on my phone rather non safe side. Who knows....your guess is good as mine

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

If ur rooted maybe i can help.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    Phone
    Droid 4

Yes im rooted.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information