Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Aug2012
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

HELP!
    I am getting the same "The phone returned a failure status during the read or write operation." every time I try to write to phone.
    Anyone know the solution to this problem?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 22.0%

The last time I got that I remember that I did the following: I'm not sure what fixed it tho. I used to connect the phone with the hw port software, I now reboot with both the volume buttons pressed and start with bp tools. Check that the nv items are changed with the cdma workshop software.

Customer Since
    Aug2012
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

My phone got updated to 4.0.4 so It doesn't have pc mode. I did the bp tools thing and a com port was made in QPST. I looked it up in different forums and it says I don't need HW or CDMA anymore.
    Now I am just completely lost as to why this error is popping up.
    Anything I can do in QPST?

Overall activity: 22.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    My phone got updated to 4.0.4 so It doesn't have pc mode. I did the bp tools thing and a com port was made in QPST. I looked it up in different forums and it says I don't need HW or CDMA anymore.
    Now I am just completely lost as to why this error is popping up.
    Anything I can do in QPST?
    I have usb debugging ticked on and in camera mode once connected to the laptop. used cdma tools and read nv 0855 and see if the first digit is 1 or 0. also read nv 8035. I had to reprogram too once it updated to ICS and also JB

Customer Since
    Aug2012
    Phone
    Droid Bionic

I figured it out, Thank you!!!!

I had to change the com port from 28 to 3 in Device Manger because 28 isn't in CDMA. I also had to turn it off and on to keep make sure the QPST didn't read it as busy.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Phone
    Droid 4 - $45 plan

So my friend has a Droid Bionic and asked me to flash it for him. I got talk and text no problem and he activated the phone but the 3G refuses to work. In fact I've yet to EVER see any data icons in the notifications bar. I've tried different 4g lte sim cards. I've tried countless prls - most of which say I'm roaming including some nationwide prls. Under the Network type and strength information in most cases it ONLY shows 1x. I have gotten it to show 1x and 3G in there but the 3G icon still won't show up in the bar. I've gone through all the data flash settings multiple times to no avail. Is it possible that this phone is just a lemon? Why would the prl that works on my flashed Droid 4 not work on his bionic?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by xsylus View Post
    So my friend has a Droid Bionic and asked me to flash it for him. I got talk and text no problem and he activated the phone but the 3G refuses to work. In fact I've yet to EVER see any data icons in the notifications bar. I've tried different 4g lte sim cards. I've tried countless prls - most of which say I'm roaming including some nationwide prls. Under the Network type and strength information in most cases it ONLY shows 1x. I have gotten it to show 1x and 3G in there but the 3G icon still won't show up in the bar. I've gone through all the data flash settings multiple times to no avail. Is it possible that this phone is just a lemon? Why would the prl that works on my flashed Droid 4 not work on his bionic?
    Have you tried to just sbf it and then redo the flash all over?
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    Droid 4 - $45 plan

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Have you tried to just sbf it and then redo the flash all over?

That was my last resort and I did eventually try that but it still didn't fix the problem. However I did finally solve the issue. I was setting the phone to CDMA auto (PRL) but the setting wasn't sticking. After some digging I found a post that mentioned going under the ##program menu >> Test Mode >> next >> next >> Network Mode. From there I just needed to set network mode to CDMA and EVDO which made the setting stick and made the phone use the prl from the NV rather than from the sim card. At this point the Network type and strength went from only showing 1x and having the signal fluctuating all over the place to showing more stable 1x and 3G signals. At any rate my friend is happy and I'm relieved it wasn't a hardware issue.

I have a Verizon Droid un activate and I want to use this phone in Cricket, I dont have a Cricket account, first I need to flash and then go to a Cricket dealer to shop a plan? Or what should I need to do?

Phone
    Droid 4 - $45 plan

Quote Originally Posted by Rober View Post
    I have a Verizon Droid un activate and I want to use this phone in Cricket, I dont have a Cricket account, first I need to flash and then go to a Cricket dealer to shop a plan? Or what should I need to do?
    I would personally recommend flashing a cricket prl first and testing it by dialing *611 then you can get an account and be sure to get the MIN from the rep.

I had it flashed for everything, but the sim card it required for data had different min, mdn, prl and etc and it was interfering with my wireless workshop mms app... I found a forum on another site on how to disable the sim card on the razr and just use the phone itself for everything. The sim card has no use for me anymore and my MMS is working, and data is way faster without it. Pm me if you want the link... idk how the rules apply here linking to another site. My Verizon droid 4 is fully functional and sim card free...

Phone
    Droid 4 - $45 plan

Quote Originally Posted by GratefulNotDeadHead View Post
    I had it flashed for everything, but the sim card it required for data had different min, mdn, prl and etc and it was interfering with my wireless workshop mms app... I found a forum on another site on how to disable the sim card on the razr and just use the phone itself for everything. The sim card has no use for me anymore and my MMS is working, and data is way faster without it. Pm me if you want the link... idk how the rules apply here linking to another site. My Verizon droid 4 is fully functional and sim card free...
    Can you PM me the link? Thanks.

Interesting, it now shows the correct PRL and MIN but the MDN is still the one from the sim card. Maybe I'm supposed to remove the sim altogether.
    Last edited by xsylus; 07-17-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Pm me if you want the link... idk how the rules apply here linking to another site. My Verizon droid 4 is fully functional and sim card free...
    It depends on the link. Sometimes I advise to copy paste the information and leave a link to the source. It strengthens the community.

Thanks.

EDIT: I skimmed the article below, and it seems like much of this information is covered in some of the tutorials here. Basically you have to set it to NV Only vs UIM.

This might be the one you were referring to:

http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...ernet-mms.html
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-18-2013 at 08:02 AM.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post
    It depends on the link. Sometimes I advise to copy paste the information and leave a link to the source. It strengthens the community.

Thanks.

EDIT: I skimmed the article below, and it seems like much of this information is covered in some of the tutorials here. Basically you have to set it to NV Only vs UIM.

I am trying to flash my droid 4 an I cant seem to get pass The connect my phone, I am running 4.12 an I have seen that I should connect it to BP Tools but after I do that I try to go to QPST an I see no ports that I can connect, can somebody please help me I am going crazy

Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Rodriguez View Post

Thanks.

okay I have a problem, what port should I use when trying to connect via bp tools because when I try to any of the COM on cdma it connects to COM 1 and 3 but will not read from phone an when I go through HW it will not connect

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information