Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

MMS on the Droid Bionic- $45 plan

I just acquired a Droid Bionic and am a huge fan. I had it flashed within hours, and had talk, text and web all working on the $45 plan. I have found several people still looking for an MMS fix, but most questions are on threads that deal with so many different issues it's hard to find all the info in one place.

That being said, I have tried the GoSMS method, as well as changing my apn's according to the Razr Tutorial but to no avail. I know others are looking for an MMS solution for the Bionic on the stock rom using the Cricket proxy. Let's work together for a solution, and focus on this one issue/solution on this thread. So, anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by brandonharrison10; 06-25-2012 at 05:42 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    haoleflip719

Quote Originally Posted by brandonharrison10 View Post
    I just acquired a Droid Bionic and am a huge fan. I had it flashed within hours, and had talk, text and web all working on the $45 plan. I have found several people still looking for an MMS fix, but most questions are on threads that deal with so many different issues it's hard to find all the info in one place.

That being said, I have tried the GoSMS method, as well as changing my apn's according to the Razr Tutorial but to no avail. I know others are looking for an MMS solution for the Bionic on the stock rom using the Cricket proxy. Let's work together for a solution, and focus on this one issue/solution on this thread. So, anyone have any ideas?
    Get on the $55 smartphone plan? If you are on GB .902 or .905 there's a solution for MMS that works. If you are on ICS there's no solution for full MMS yet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC on 6.7.230 ICS Leak using Tapatalk 2
    Flashed to Cricket Wireless*Talk/Text/MMS/3G

Overall activity: 0%

I am still on the $45 plan, and I am on the leaked ICS rom. I have got the mms to work using this:

http://www.cricketusers.com/attachme...-apns-conf.zip

You will need to be rooted (obviously) and after you download and unzip the xml file, you will need to edit it to include your 10 digit number. I used Notepad ++ and replaces all the "your#" with my phone number.

You will then need to move it to your SD card, then using root explorer or Estrongs File explorer, you will need to copy the xml file to /system/etc/.

After you have copied, enter the ##program menu and edit the APNS. Hit menu and restore defaults. It will restore to the edited file and the APN will now have the MMS settings needed to work. Make sure that the APN you have selected is one of the Verizon Internet apns, and then reboot your phone and Voila.

Thread Information