Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Htc evo v 4g

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

Htc evo v 4g

I was wondering if anyone has purchased this model from Virgin Mobile? Its actually the left over stock of sprints evo 3d, which has been rebranded to Virgin Mobile. They call it EVO V 4G and it has the 3d capability because its the evo 3d. I just thought that some people might not know this and if you made a section for HTC evo v 4g, then we could inform them so they dont get confused when they dont see there model phone listed. Just a suggestion.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

It actually requires MSL before you can enable diag mode. For that you need to root it, or purchase the code online.
    Also, there are no youtube settings, and mms has to use a third party app on 4.0.4.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    It actually requires MSL before you can enable diag mode. For that you need to root it, or purchase the code online.
    Also, there are no youtube settings, and mms has to use a third party app on 4.0.4.
    lol i posted this today '""Just incase you just recently purchased a evo v 4g phone from
    Virgin Mobile

( which is really a
    evo 3d

left over from sprint and now branded for VM) you will be asked for the MSL code to get into DIAG mode (##3424#) which is what you need to be in to use cdma workshop or QPST program. Ive never came across this b4 but what i did was go to HTC website and use there service which will UNLOCK your boot loader and allow you to then root your phone, Once rooted you can go to google play store and down load the Get SPC i believe its called or MSL reader something like that, but anyways u get the idea, and you should be able to get your code that way. just a FYI

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

yeah I did not mean it in a different way Good to know. Just another FYI for other users
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

i dont know about purchasing msl code online, i have that phone and what i did was go to htc website
    HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader

(actual link) and there you can unlock your boot loader then that will allow you to flash a rooted custom rom in which you can then go to google play store and download and run of the free msl code apks to get the msl code. then i was able to load a prl. and youtube settings i mean the RTSP setting which is found in advance tab once you ##3282# with the sprint address in there you wont be able to view youtube videos. And if yoou use a 3rd party app then your not using cricket mms in which one pays for. if you need i can assist you if you are using a 3rd party app for mms

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

it was totally different than how i usually go about flashing a phone to cricket because i never had the diag mode require a msl code. I was stumped until i learned that HTC offered the ability to unlock your boot loader for you, which is y i luv HTC. ##778# will allow you access to the area where you can enter your MIN and MDN and a few necessary cricket settings.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by bunvilla View Post
    i dont know about purchasing msl code online, i have that phone and what i did was go to htc website
    HTCdev - Unlock Bootloader

(actual link) and there you can unlock your boot loader then that will allow you to flash a rooted custom rom in which you can then go to google play store and download and run of the free msl code apks to get the msl code. then i was able to load a prl. and youtube settings i mean the RTSP setting which is found in advance tab once you ##3282# with the sprint address in there you wont be able to view youtube videos. And if yoou use a 3rd party app then your not using cricket mms in which one pays for. if you need i can assist you if you are using a 3rd party app for mms
    I flashed 2 of them a while back, but don't remember ##3282# having rtsp setup. Any third party universal app will work. I have those.

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

under advance tab toward the bottom you wil find it and you can use ##778# to update prl and enter cricket as a password and other changes es tha1 would usually make using cdma ws or qpst program. the custom rom im using allows ful access to all the settings which is nice. not all custom rom allow for access to those settings,

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by bunvilla View Post
    under advance tab toward the bottom you wil find it and you can use ##778# to update prl and enter cricket as a password and other changes es tha1 would usually make using cdma ws or qpst program. the custom rom im using allows ful access to all the settings which is nice. not all custom rom allow for access to those settings,
    Yeah don't remember stocker having it on 4.0.4. Might be wrong though. I am not too fond of that loud Virgin Mobile boot image they have lol

Customer Since
    may 2003
    Phone
    Evo 3d

I hate the VM boot IMG lol ur right about that

Thread Information