Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

qpst cant write to the 9k port im told cdma 3.8 will i bought it but havent downloaded it yet. i'll let you know how it goes. the bad news is i tried to root the phone and it got stuck in a boot loop pulled the battery and when i started the phone up i no longer had a connection to cricket all my flash setting were still there, i even factory reset the phone and tried to reflash (well i did hastaly) and no luck ive decided to hook my evo back up till i get cdma 3.8

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

All of you (well, the ones that succeded the flash) use the stock android? I downloaded the
    Nils' Business ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6

Rom and it keeps telling me to place a SIM card in order to use mobile conections. I dont know, i think i might be getting out of ideas of how to make things work. Any android version you pleople recomend? I double checked via QPST, DFS and CDMA WS and they all got it right, but when i look at the ##778# I get different readings. What you say?

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by smarttimes View Post
    All of you (well, the ones that succeded the flash) use the stock android? I downloaded the
    Nils' Business ICS 4.0.3 Sense 3.6

Rom and it keeps telling me to place a SIM card in order to use mobile conections. I dont know, i think i might be getting out of ideas of how to make things work. Any android version you pleople recomend? I double checked via QPST, DFS and CDMA WS and they all got it right, but when i look at the ##778# I get different readings. What you say?
    I never flash to Cricket with a custom rom. Causes too many weird problems. Try to flash the latest RUU leak on new firmware. Then flash to Cricket. Once your flash is working. You can switch to any rom and Cricket settings are not affected. I have done a bunch of Rezounds with no problems. Well with the exception I can never get the diag mode recognized on Windows 7 64-bit. My laptop just wont recognize diag mode. I always have to go back to my old school XP desktop to flash these phones. Once I flash them I can unlock, root, etc on my laptop. That continues to be the only issue I run into. As far as getting 9k to write it will always work for me in DFS demo, I just have to do it a few times and then it works. Just keep in mind to write only. If you read you won't see password but it will write. I think it supposed to hide the password. If you got your phone to recognize diag mode in Win 7 let me know how you did it. Gook luck.

When you are succesfully flashed, you still get the instert sim message?

Quote Originally Posted by smarttimes:60555
    When you are succesfully flashed, you still get the instert sim message?
    Yes I tried everything to get rid of it. So I use the aosp lockscreen in tweaks most roms have it. Once newts update for the one xxx rom won't need it. His rom seems to omit the file. It may be a sense 4.0 thing. You can also use mi locker or agile. Did you flash on Win 7 x 64?

Yes, on Win 7 64bit. Well, not fully flashed, i went back to stock version of ICS but i still get the right parameters via USB and lots of garbage on ##778#. I am trying to reinstall EPST.apk.

How did you get the HTC diag driver to work on it. I have installed the rez version of HTC sync several times and everything works except the the diag driver. I always have to go back to my XP machine. Going nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    How did you get the HTC diag driver to work on it. I have installed the rez version of HTC sync several times and everything works except the the diag driver. I always have to go back to my XP machine. Going nuts.
    Well you got both modems with the excalamation mark and no luck installing the default modem drivers. But if you had use Diag Inrerface before, there is a way by:
    1) right click on them and select update driver
    2) Then you are asked to "How do you want to search for driver software" You click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
    3) Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    4) You scroll down to HTC Corporation and select HTC Diagnostics Interface

That is why i did since i flashed other phones (Incredible, EVO, Eris, etc) and got it preinstalled

Quote Originally Posted by smarttimes View Post
    Well you got both modems with the excalamation mark and no luck installing the default modem drivers. But if you had use Diag Inrerface before, there is a way by:
    1) right click on them and select update driver
    2) Then you are asked to "How do you want to search for driver software" You click on "Browse my computer for driver software"
    3) Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
    4) You scroll down to HTC Corporation and select HTC Diagnostics Interface

That is why i did since i flashed other phones (Incredible, EVO, Eris, etc) and got it preinstalled
    Thanks but it did not work for me. Its a new machine with a fresh install of Win 7 Pro. I never used this laptop for flashing before. I did figure it out though. I had to right click the modems, the select update drivers, them choose pick from a list of installed devices. From there I choose HTC Corporation, then selected HTC USB Modem. It pops up an error messages saying that Windows can't verify the driver wil work with the device. I just ignored it and installed anyway and it worked. Sure enough I repeated the steps for the 9k modem and bam! I am in business. I checked QPST, CDMAWS, and DFS, and they all work as they should. Seems like its just a thing with Win 7 x64 Pro. I was never able to figure it out before today. I tried using other machines on Win 7 and cold never get past it until now. Thanks. Were you able to fix your Rez?

---------- Post added at 04:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

I found a link with screenshots on how to setup your diag drivers on Win 7 for those of you still having issues setting up your Win 7 laptops or x64 desktops. I realize the link is for the Evo4g and its a few years old, but I am only including it for the purposes of illustrating how I got my diag drivers set up on my Win 7 x 64 laptop for my Rezound. What your looking for is on page one of this thread. So no real digging! This info is still relevent. Hope it helps.

[How To] Retrieve MSL CDMA Workshop Method - xda-developers

Last edited by kr8zeivan; 04-07-2012 at 06:32 AM.

Still no luck
    I noticed some weird things.
    1) 8k modem has 1 nam but 9k modem has 2
    2) QPST is able to write the 8k modem but 9k rejects any change
    3) DFS goes off line while writing some times 9k modem..
    I belive the root of my problems is the 2 nams on 9 k modem.
    I followed 2 tutorials and then use my own methods so at this point i lost track of what ive done....Yeah i know.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Yea DFS is supposed to go offline. Its part of the error. Do not try to read just write. You have to flash nam 1 and 2 on both modems. That is normal. Its kinda of like flashing the phone 4 times if you think of it that way. I would also try another PRL I have run into that a coupe of times where the PRL would not give me 3G even though its listed as an EVDO prl. I am using 42900 on all new flashes works everytime. I just did another Rez this morning after I figured out the issue with my drivers and it worked. That phone was running stock GB though. I don't think it should be an issue, but being that ICS is still not officially released there is a small chance that could be the problem. I would hard reset and start over. If you follow the guide to the tee it will work. I flashed mine phones with no SIM card in it.

I just realized your in Mexico. Are you trying to flash to lusacell or telcel. I know those flashes are a little different. You may need to unclock your NV folder in order to get the settings to stick if your using a Mexican carrier. I assumed you were using Cricket.
    Last edited by kr8zeivan; 04-07-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Iusacell. I have flashed other phones before but this one, i am so close to give up, 4 days in a row with no luck. Using DFS i see it has no problems, but while using ##debug# i get so different readings. DFS says it is working fine but the phone itself (In ##DEBUG#) has no luck getting any valid SID or any other parameters.
    I adjusted the PRL and other parameters to my carrier, still no luck.
    Did you check the debug page? What do you find in that tab?

ok i finally got my rezound fully flashed talk text 3g the works its been an ordeal for sure. talk and text was easy but the 3g was a pain. i ended up purchasing cdma ws 3.8 and that did the trick was able to write to the 9k diag port flawlessly so if you are having issues and can afford the software this is a viable option. it does cost 108.00 kinda spendy but i figure i will use it plenty

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC Evo 4G LTE

how do i activate the esn?since it starts with 99....
    do i converted?

To check your default settings press ##program# when it asks for password enter 000000 and check NAM CDMA Settings and make sure all your info looks right. Go to 1xEV-DO Data Parameters to see if your PPP settings are correct. Display grouping will give you the correct ESN for Cricket activation just write down your MEID (DEC) mine started with a 25#. Here you can also see your prl to verify its the right one. Exit. You can use ##778# and view your EPST check your M.IP default Profile to make sure your NAI looks all good. If you still see the Verizon NAI, Prim HA and Sec HA of 255.255.255.255 you may have to give it another shot.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...#ixzz1sDY2Cv5d

---------- Post added at 08:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 AM ----------

To check your default settings press ##program# when it asks for password enter 000000 and check NAM CDMA Settings and make sure all your info looks right. Go to 1xEV-DO Data Parameters to see if your PPP settings are correct.
    Display grouping will give you the correct ESN for Cricket activation just write down your MEID (DEC) mine started with a 25#.
    Here you can also see your prl to verify its the right one. Exit. You can use ##778# and view your EPST check your M.IP default Profile to make sure your NAI looks all good. If you still see the Verizon NAI, Prim HA and Sec HA of 255.255.255.255 you may have to give it another shot.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...#ixzz1sDYMOQkz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information