Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Overall activity: 0%

This is my third time flashing this phone and 3G just won't stick. No matter what I do, I even tried everything just like the Thunderbolt. Still didn't work. Funny, on the Thunderbolt I didn't have to do the opensesame folder step or any of that.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Okay I got 3G working!

This is what's going wrong:
    QPST will not flash to the 9K modem. It gives an error. We know that, the OP even mentions it.
    He tells you not to hit "read" when you're in DFS. That's true, reading is not a problem and I WILL EXPLAIN here why:
    Once you read from either Nam 1 or Nam 2, read NO LONGER over writes the display. What you see on screen is what you read from before so you have NO idea what is being read from the new read command.
    For example, you read Data and Mobile IP settings from Nam 1, you write successfully and then you want to write to Nam 2. It won't work. The reason is because once DFS pulls Nam 1, it no longer "refreshes" the form for whatever Nam you try to read after that, even Nam 1! So here's what you need to do.

1) After you have flashed the Diag 8K modem using QPST Configuration, open DFS.
    2) Open Ports, double click the 9K Port ONLY. Once it shows up on the bottom menu, double click it.
    3) You will be back in the programming window. Click the Play icon for SPC to send the SPC to the 9K port. The log should show "Device Unlocked".
    4) Click Programming -> Data -> "Read"
    5) Now put YOURPHONE#@mycricket.com in ALL of the following forms (PAP UID, PPP SIP NAI and UID, HDR AN UID and HDR AN Long UID) and "cricket" in all the password fields. Click WRITE.
    6) Click on Mobile IP, then click "Read" at the bottom left.
    7) Put YOURPHONE#@mycricket.com in BOTH the NAI field AND the RM NAI field at the bottom. If anything is in the "DMU MN Authen" field, DELETE it.
    8) Put passwords in the appropriate fields.
    9) 0.0.0.0 in all the addresses. Now WRITE.
    *****THIS NEXT PART IS IMPORTANT, DO NOT SKIP ME OR YOU WILL NEVER GET 3G******
    *****CLOSE DFS TOOL COMPLETELY, RED X, EXIT OUT AND RELOAD DFS******
    10) After reopening DFS, do the same steps EXCEPT click Nam and pick Nam 2.
    11) DO NOT READ FROM NAM 1, DO NOT READ FROM NAM 1, DO NOT READ FROM NAM 1.
    12) Read from NAM 2 but follow all the same steps. After doing the full write steps without even TOUCHING Nam 1, you should be able to reset and have 3G.

I can't even *228 it says there's no sim card in there.

Also can't write the min or phone number through CDMA, it says failed to write.

I've got the newest CDMA so everything a bit different but it should write?

Please get back to me if you can thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Also I could get you on the 55 dollar plan msg me !

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Also I could get you on the 55 dollar plan msg me !

Customer Since
    july 2012

I have gotten a full flash to work. I had allot of issues but the only thing that solved it for me was flashing a differant prl. I am in phoenix and i used 45213.prl. this is done on a htc rezound with the official ics ota. everything worked on the original flash to cricket except 3G. the new PRL fixed everything. I also have a generic sim card in during the whole process. the local cricket store gave me one. as a note to future flashers you may want to go to the local cricket store and ask them what prl are they on just so you can eliminate one more variable. good luck to all.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Good info I agree that if your prl does not give you 3g try a different one this is an easy fix so don't panic if your not getting 3g at first. This has happened to me on several different phones not just the Rez. You can pull a prl from an existing phone using QPST or check the prl section in these threads. I have also found EVDO prls on this site:

http://www.dealerflashing.com/prls.html

Don't get discouraged when it doesn't always go as planned. Stick with it sometimes its trial an error depending on the device but you'll get it. Good luck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information