Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 4.0%

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Flash VZW HTC Rezound/Vigor Full Flash to Cricket Wireless (talk,text,MMS,Internet)

Thanks I was able to find the drivers and I have successfully flashed talk n text. Having trouble with evdo. When I used qpst and I try to write to phone says serious error occurred and aborts. How can I do it in WS?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Dev |Łèĝıť.|
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by kr8zeivan View Post
    Thanks I was able to find the drivers and I have successfully flashed talk n text. Having trouble with evdo. When I used qpst and I try to write to phone says serious error occurred and aborts. How can I do it in WS?
    Sorry i cant help much since i no longer have a Thunderbolt nor on cricket. But i can tell you this, that error only comes when your not using the latest qpst 2.7 366. Try that version.

You need to add the prl AND the mobile ip/ppp config on both the diag and 8k ports. Dont read from the phone just write.

Quote Originally Posted by oriax123 View Post
    Sorry i cant help much since i no longer have a Thunderbolt nor on cricket. But i can tell you this, that error only comes when your not using the latest qpst 2.7 366. Try that version.

You need to add the prl AND the mobile ip/ppp config on both the diag and 8k ports. Dont read from the phone just write.
    Well I have the Rezound not Thunderbolt but figure I would try since it is similar. I am using QPST 2.7 366. So ok let me understand. I open 2 ports and go to service programming I do not read from phone. I fill in PRL again (I already did that in WS)? Then M.IP and PPP config and write. How I select 2nd port? And do I reboot after I do 1st port or just disconnect go to 2nd and do the same and then reboot? Does that make sense? Oh and do I go into CDMA WS and unlock port 1 and 2 again before going to QPST?
    Last edited by kr8zeivan; 02-15-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Recognized Dev |Łèĝıť.|

Well I have the Rezound not Thunderbolt but figure I would try since it is similar. I am using QPST 2.7 366. So ok let me understand. I open 2 ports and go to service programming I do not read from phone. I fill in PRL again (I already did that in WS)? Then M.IP and PPP config and write. How I select 2nd port? And do I reboot after I do 1st port or just disconnect go to 2nd and do the same and then reboot? Does that make sense? Oh and do I go into CDMA WS and unlock port 1 and 2 again before going to QPST?

:P so you have the rezound, . I prefer qpst because imo data has a better chance on working. read from the phone using qpst, follow the setup in the qpst thread, try different prls as in sometimes that can effect it.

Ok guys its a wrap. I was able to successfully fully flash the Rezound. I have the help of a fellow member and I had to use CDMA WS, QPST, and DFS. All three together as not one would do everything. I did unlock, NV, PRL, and nam 1 and 2 in WS. I used QPST to partially write M.IP and PPP, and DFS to finish EVDO config. I am going to go over my notes and process and try to come up with a decent tutorial to post up here for you guys. The Rezound is very similar to the Thunderbolt but not identical.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Hi Friends:

I need your help....I have a HTC Rezound with Voice Service and 1X Data Service and I want to have 3G Data Service...kr8zeivan has been guide me...but something wrong

When I tried to write my Settings with DFS 3.3.0.7 with 9k port...my Rezound had fail and I can't write my settings.

Do I need to change any NV digits like 0 and 1943 to opensesamedoor the configuration and write my settings?

Thanks

javenegas
    TecMan

Last edited by javenegas; 02-19-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Flash VZW HTC Rezound/Vigor Full Flash to Cricket Wireless (talk,text,MMS,Internet)

Ok guys this is how I got my HTC Rezound fully flashed (No MMS check link below for possible solution). This is my first attempt at writing a tutorial so bare with me. I did this without having a SIM card installed. Remember I take no responsibility if you damage your phone using these instructions/files/programs. You do it at your own risk. I just wanted to share how I got mine working since I could not find a tutorial for the Rezound. A hand full of places in town where I live charge $80 to $100 and claim it takes 5 hours! So this is my way of doing it on the cheap! Thanks go to Oriax123 as his tutorial on the Thunderbolt was my starting place. Also thanks to rob318 for helping me figure out the EVDO and his help with teamviewer got the Rez done.

You will need:

HTC Sync to install drivers (after you have drivers you can uninstall): Thanks avillal87 for the link.

HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Rezound

CMDA WS 2.7 (3.8 is ideal if you have the cash to buy it! I think you could do the whole phone with the full version.)

CDMA Workshop 2.7.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

QPST 2.7 build 366 Check the existing tutorial if your not familiar with it. Credit goes to chrisngrod.
    QPST Tutorial with Pictures (Cricket)

DFS 3.3.07 (I used the demo version and it worked for me, but if you have the full paid version, pretty sweet program).

Download DFS software manual. DMI Firmware RF Calibration files

For MMS you could try the solution posted here. I have not tried but seems legit and working for others:
    Universal MMS solution for 2.3 Gingerbread devices

If you are rooted the Rezound runs on Sense 3.5 so you could use this process for MMS fix for free:

[GUIDE]criKet Wireless MMS fix for Sense 3.5 Rom - xda-developers

credit does to jtheis23 at XDA.

First make sure you install HTC Sync for your drivers, put phone is DIAG mode (##3424#) and pull up you device manager to unsure your phone is recognized. You should see two ports:

HTC Diagnostic Interface
    HTC Diagnostic Interface 9k

I understand that 8k (HTC Diagnostic Interface) is voice and 9k is net/web. If you are all good its ok to uninstall HTC Sync. Make sure you disable any anti-virus that may be running as it will remove CDMA WS it will think it a trojan because of key generator. Next I used CDMA WS to unlock phone, write NV only, write NAM 1 & 2 and write prl. If you are using the cracked version click on the yellow round icon with a small star and it will launch key and open program. WS 2.7 can use ports 1-25 so make sure you have your device connected to ports 25 or under.

1. Connect to HTC Diagnostic Interface port from the MAIN tab. Go to SECURITY tab look for SPC area (Do not read) just
    enter 000000 click on SPC then click send. You should get a message saying your phone is unlocked.

2. Go to OTHER tab look for R-UIM Config: Select NV only then click on write. Should get a message saying change was successful. You can now write your prl.

3. Look for PRL on the OTHER tab should be just above R-UIM. Make sure it stays in "universal" and NAM1 and click write
    load your preferred prl it should say prl written successfully. Then do the same for NAM 2. Click on MAIN tab and disconnect.

4. Connect to HTC Diagnostic Interface - 9k port from MAIN tab. Go to SECURITY tab look for SPC area (Do not read) just enter 000000 click on SPC then click send. You should get a message confirming you are unlocked. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

5. Go to MAIN tab and disconnect. Reboot phone. On my first reboot I notice it did not write but reverted the prl back to Verizon's 58008 prl. However when I continued to write the Nam info on the next steps it stuck. I don't know why.

6. After reboot put phone back into DIAG mode and reconnect to 8k port go to SECURITY and unlock the phone. Go to NAM tab. From here I was able to read from phone and write without errors. Read from Nam 1. Update MIN/MDN, MCC (310) MNC (16), local SID (whatever yours is)/NID (65535)/IMSI (31016xxxxxxxxxx) make sure you replace the X's with your area code and MIN. I used PRL enabled, System Standart, Otapa enabled. Write to phone. Repeat steps for Nam 2. Go to MAIN tab and disconnect.

7. Connect to HTC Diagnostic Interface - 9k port. Go to SECURITY tab and unlock phone. Go to NAM tab and repeat step six. Write to phone. Go to MAIN tab and disconnect. Reboot phone. After reboot from phone go to settings >Wireless networks> Mobile Networks> Network mode> Change to CDMA only. Go back to home screen. From dialer press *#*#4636#*#* and call. Go into Phone information and set preferred network type to CDMA auto (PRL). Press turn off radio (this may take a few seconds) then turn radio on (this may take a few seconds) exit. You should now have talk and text.

8. Put phone back into DIAG mode ##3424# call and to to WS 2.7 to unlock only. Go to QPST and connect to 8k port. Read from phone .For me I was able to follow the QPST tutorial with no problem and update both profiles did M.IP and PPP and wrote to phone with no issues. Reboot. When I tried doing the same on 9k port I got "Serious error encountered write aborted". I tried doing it without reading just writing and still got the error message. So I finished the EVDO settings for 9k port in DFS.

9. Put phone in DIAG mode go to WS 2.7 to unlock phone. Launch DFS 3.3.0.7 (I used Demo version and it worked for me) connect only to port 9k do not read! Go to PROGRAMMING tab select DATA tab enter PPP UID (your#@mycricket.com) pwd (cricket) write. Then Go to M.IP go to Selected Profile Settings enter NAI (your#@mycricket.com). Set Prim HA address to 0.0.0.0, set Sec HA address to 0.0.0.0 go to Share Secret User Profile. AAA shared secret (cricket) HA shared secret (cricket). Write current profile settings. At this point you may get failed to write messages at the bottom. Just ignore them. Repeat these steps for NAM2. Press Reset upper right hand corner. If your phone does not reboot on its own reboot it. If you want you can go back into DFS and read phone from PROGRAMMING and DATA tab to see if your PPP settings stuck. Do the same for M.IP if they did not try repeating the process. I had to do it a couple of times got error messages but sure enough they wrote to phone and I was successful in getting data 3g on phone.

10. To check your default settings press ##program# when it asks for password enter 000000 and check NAM CDMA Settings and make sure all your info looks right. Go to 1xEV-DO Data Parameters to see if your PPP settings are correct. Display grouping will give you the correct ESN for Cricket activation just write down your MEID (DEC) mine started with a 25#. Here you can also see your prl to verify its the right one. Exit. You can use ##778# and view your EPST check your M.IP default Profile to make sure your NAI looks all good. If you still see the Verizon NAI, Prim HA and Sec HA of 255.255.255.255 you may have to give it another shot.

So hope this helps others on here. I have been helped by the forum quite a bit and wanted to contribute. The only issue I now have is that Cricket downgraded my plan because they could not identify my phone by the esn and because its a flashed phone they screwed me and put me on the $45 all in plan. If someone out there can change my phone type on my account and put me on the ADR Smartphone plan please PM ASAP. I had my data working fine before I did my esn change, once I did it and they downgraded me I lost it. Using Wifi for now. So yeah guys I know someone out there has the hook up. I tried doing it online and website says my phone is not compatible. I tried calling like 5 times and those f**k**s won't change my plan

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/verizon-...#ixzz1mrOIxFQt

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 02-19-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Overall activity: 3.0%

Quote Originally Posted by javenegas View Post
    Hi Friends:

I need your help....I have a HTC Rezound with Voice Service and 1X Data Service and I want to have 3G Data Service...kr8zeivan has been guide me...but something wrong

When I tried to write my Settings with DFS 3.3.0.7 with 9k port...my Rezound had fail and I can't write my settings.

Do I need to change any NV digits like 0 and 1943 to opensesamedoor the configuration and write my settings?

Thanks

javenegas
    TecMan

did you get it going on the 3g yet

Overall activity: 1.0%

Hi rob318:

Thanks for your reply...and No, not yet, I can't configure the 3G Settings...I can't change M.IP Default Profile / NAI is 0000000000@vzw3g.com with DFS 3.3.0.7 port 9k.

Do I need an opensesamedoor?

Can you help me?

Thanks

javenegas
    TecMan

Recognized Dev |Łèĝıť.|

Hi rob318:

Thanks for your reply...and No, not yet, I can't configure the 3G Settings...I can't change M.IP Default Profile / NAI is
    0000000000@vzw3g.com

with DFS 3.3.0.7 port 9k.

Can you help me?

Thanks

javenegas
    TecMan
    I could be wrong but I think they made a tutorial on this phone recently. Search the forum

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

Add me on Facebook.com/oriax123

If I helped you, please click '*' at the bottom left of that post.

Quote Originally Posted by javenegas View Post
    Hi rob318:

Thanks for your reply...and No, not yet, I can't configure the 3G Settings...I can't change M.IP Default Profile / NAI is 0000000000@vzw3g.com with DFS 3.3.0.7 port 9k.

Can you help me?

Thanks

javenegas
    TecMan
    I would be glad to help you out..Just let me know what time is good for you.I helped kr8zeivan get his working on the data..Or you could hit me up on yahoo..
    user id rob318us..

Hey Rob yeah my rez works perfectly. Figured out the bootloader issue, rooted, flashed custom recovery, ics 4.0.3 Rom and works like a beast! I do need help figuring out the tbolt on the 45 plan. Do you know how to dial it in.

Hey Rob yeah my rez works perfectly. Figured out the bootloader issue, rooted, flashed custom recovery, ics 4.0.3 Rom and works like a beast! I do need help figuring out the tbolt on the 45 plan. Do you know how to dial it in.
    sent you a pm...

Thanks for the Tutoria
    3g is working Fine but now the problem is 1x doest work
    were u able to get 1x too

You know. I'm not sure. I always get 3g with no problem. Sorry I cannot say. Mine works perfectly and I have had no issues.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information