Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Thread: Telecommuting

Overall activity: 34.0%

Telecommuting

I have just been offered a telecommuting job. The pay is comparable to my current but the commissions potential is awesome! I am in marketing and for the most part, I do not need to go to the office. I will have my own time, but for the most part will have to visit potential clients or existing ones.

Does anyone have experience with telecommuting? What are your thoughts so far.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 34.0%

Well, I am posting this anyway as a caution to those who are looking / hoping for the perfect telecommuting job. Upon careful discussion with the company, I found out that in order to have career advancement, I will need to come up with my own sales / marketing team - in short, I will need to put up my own office, which the company will help me with. I like sales, but I cannot do office management, etc. They even tried selling me to the idea of offices that provide receptionist, maintenance, etc like those with
    Regus

or
    Officelist

, but I really was not sold to the cost of it all. No offense to these companies. I am sure they do well, but not for me for what I will be earning.

I can probably do ok with with managing a team ... but not something I was hoping to do since it is a lot of work.

Back to the drawing board for me.

Thread Information