Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

haoleflip719

Can a PRL change by itself?

Hello! I have been flashing phones to Cricket for a couple of years now. I have a weird issue that I think has been going on for a while now, but never got to the bottom of it. After flashing their phone (1 out of every 50 customers, maybe), some will come back saying they are having issues with certain things relating to connectivity. When I say connectivity, I mean all aspects like 3G, calls, texts, etc. When I flash phones, I usually load them with the newest PRL for my area (45713 or 42900). When they come back saying that they are having issues, I check the settings to make sure nothing was changed. The one thing that I always find that has changed is the PRL. It will change to the 35512 PRL, which is the PRL that the Cricket-branded phones run on in my town. I usually ask the customer if they manually programmed anything by themselves and/or loaded that PRL themselves and of course most don't know what I am talking about and are totally clueless as to how that new PRL got in there.

I did have one issue once with a Motorola Droid 2. I would flash my 42900 PRL and the picture messaging wouldn't work. I called Cricket National Dealer Care and had them "refresh" the account's features. Then I turned the phone off then back on again. When the phone came back on the PRL was changed from my 42900 to the 35512 PRL! To test the theory again, I loaded my PRL again and called national dealer care one more time. Turned the phone off then back on again and the PRL changed again to the 35512 like before! So I thought, it was to be something they're doing on their end to make the PRL change. I then proceeded to do the same thing with an HTC Evo 4G, but the PRL did not change on this phone.

I just want to know if anyone has ever had an similar issue with a PRL changing by itself or after calling National Dealer Care and/or Customer Service?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

yes, it happens to me. It sometimes but not always happens when i travel out of Houston. I think its happening when i roam or when i jump on sprint towers or go in an AWS area. It does not happen when i stay in Houston.

Dinc CM7 2.3.7 Radio 2.15.10.12.20 currently has 35668 but i last installed 42900 a month ago. So it updated itself by itself.

haoleflip719

Hmmm ok. Mine changed in the droid 2 twice after I called NDC. So it wasn't roaming that caused it in my situation. Is anyone able to test this theory on their end? Or does anyone have a technical explanation as to why it might happen?

Sent from my seksi SGS3 using Tapatalk 2

haoleflip719

Update: I cannot get it to happen with any other phone. I'm not sure why this happens....

haoleflip719

Bump

haoleflip719

Bump. I really need to know the answer for work purposes. I can't be the only one in the world with this issue, c'mooonnn.

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Turn off the OTASP, simple.

haoleflip719

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    Turn off the OTASP, simple.
    This is the answer I needed, thanks. Now, how do you do this in all phones?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

@ haoleflip719

Please be respectful. One more profanity, and you will be banned. Thank you.
    Last edited by Dina; 09-24-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    @ haoleflip719

Beat me to it.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

haoleflip719

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    @ haoleflip719

At this point, I don't care. It's hard to get the help you need from this forum anyway. It's funny, I frequent about 6 other forums like this one and I've never had an issue getting help by anyone. It seems a lot of people on this forum are way too stingy and too lazy to type 5 little sentences to give a simple solution. The laziness is definitely NOT on my end. I'm not going to shuffle through 600+ posts that are separated in 200 different threads for my answer by using the "simple" search function you guys speak of, when I can just take 30 seconds and post a question and wait for the answer. It takes a total of maybe 1 minute to post something and then a total of maybe 5 minutes to give the answer. I don't get why it's so hard to give somebody help. Isn't that what these forums are for? Even Woof's signature states "Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit *from your questions and the answers we provide." Well how can this happen if no one is giving any helpful answers? This will probably be the last time I post here. Not like any of you care anyway, but I don't want to be part of an unhelpful community and I got my answer elsewhere anyway.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Otay I'll show you to our door. That's where the real help begins. I'm sure there are much better Cricket sites to be found there. Bye now.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

I tried to help the guy

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Your responses here were actually fine. I understand you don't make your money by giving away tutorials and such. Just please don't bump a 1 post thread with a statement which does not benefit the poster. Thank you.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thread Information