Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 49.0%
    Customer Since
    June 2008
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Phone
    aio HTC One

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Change your carrier text to cricket or whatever you want

this has worked for Galaxy Nexus (Sprint) Galaxy S Epic 4g (Sprint) and Galaxy S3 (Sprint).....Ida tried more but thats all I currently have.....

1)save the eri.xml to your desktop
    2)open up with notepad (on windows)
    3)if you want it to say cricKet in place of your carrier, skip to 5)
    4)change all the spots it says cricKet
    5)put on root of sd card
    6)move to /data
    7)reboot

if it works good stuff, if it doesnt, idk, but 3 for 3 tests are good odds, and itll show up under about phone

i guess i cant add the xml so heres the text

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <!--
    /*
    ** Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
    ** you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
    ** You may obtain a copy of the License at
    http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

** Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
    ** distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
    ** WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
    ** See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
    ** limitations under the License.
    */
    -->

<!-- Note that IconMode can be only 0, ON or 1, FLASHING
    The icon is turned OFF if then IconIndex = 1 -->

<EriFile VersionNumber="1357" NumberOfEriEntries="19" EriFileType="1">
    <CallPromptId Id="0" CallPromptText="CallPromptId0" />
    <CallPromptId Id="1" CallPromptText="CallPromptId1" />
    <CallPromptId Id="2" CallPromptText="CallPromptId2" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="0" IconIndex="0" IconMode="0" EriText="" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="1" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="cricKet" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="2" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="64" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="cricKet" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="65" IconIndex="65" IconMode="0" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="66" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="67" IconIndex="67" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="68" IconIndex="68" IconMode="0" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="69" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="70" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="71" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="72" IconIndex="72" IconMode="0" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="73" IconIndex="73" IconMode="0" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="74" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Extended Network" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="75" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Roaming" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="76" IconIndex="76" IconMode="0" EriText="cricKet" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="77" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="cricKet" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="78" IconIndex="1" IconMode="0" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    <EriInfo RoamingIndicator="79" IconIndex="2" IconMode="1" EriText="Network Extender" CallPromptId="0" AlertId="0" />
    </EriFile>

Last edited by shaunjohn; 10-11-2012 at 09:32 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    EVO4G Rooted

Make that 4 out of 4 tests good lol

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    July 2014

I'm new I hope this question does not sound stupid. I have a Cricket Galaxy Express i437z. I have seen a few Roms for this device but they were att. My question is if I download that rom and go inside and change it will it work on Cricket network? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information