Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Angry Cricket Eris MMS (need a guaranteed solution)

I'm not to sure where to put this, though it's going here.

I've setup my DROID ERIS completely from the ground up. (though idk what ROM I'm using or how to tell) I've got my web working completely, I can send texts, I can make calls, roam w/e. Though I cannot get MMS to work.

I've tried every freaking APN on all the site, this one, xda, androidforum or w/e. Nothing. I've tried ALL of tokens flashes and "how to" though none of it has gotten my mms working. I'm getting to a point where I'm just gonna get rid of it for my old brick that would actually SEND AND RECEIVE mms. I've been working with these things for quite a while and this one is a stump. I've tried coping over (adb b/s) to get the mms.apk and telephony.db stuff, though all that did was screw up my mms.apk and couldn't use it anymore. and like I said I have not found ONE SINGLE APN that works for cricket mms.

Please, anybody who has any info whatsoever please let me know. I've been through every freaking forum and can't find a thing. It's beyond frustrating, especially when I can do it for everyone but my own phone.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

Wrecked Johnson

support your local dealer and pay them to do it, only pay if it works

Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

1. This post belongs in the freaking Eris section of the freaking forum.
    2. It's easy as freaking hell, you root the phone, then you copy the freaking modified telephony.db to the correct folder and set the freaking permissions.
    3. There's a freaking tutorial on the freaking forum that tells you how to do this step by step.

Hope that freaking helps.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Lol

I've done all of the tuts, and done that one countless times. Yes it's easy to do, though it doesn't do ANYTHING except make the messages app not work. So if you have a way of getting it to work without destroying the messages app I'd be more than happy to try it again.

BTW (my phone is a Google android Eris. So i figured this would work.)

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

My local dealers all say it's impossible with the Eris. They all said I would never get the 3g or mms working, And I did get the 3g working. So I refuse to pay any of them. I used to work with them and it's how I got this far doing it myself.
    Last edited by billybob; 05-16-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by billybob View Post
    I've done all of the tuts, and done that one countless times. Yes it's easy to do, though it doesn't do ANYTHING except make the messages app not work. So if you have a way of getting it to work without destroying the messages app I'd be more than happy to try it again.

BTW (my phone is a Google android Eris. So i figured this would work.)

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

My local dealers all say it's impossible with the Eris. They all said I would never get the 3g or mms working, And I did get the 3g working. So I refuse to pay any of them. I used to work with them and it's how I got this far doing it myself.
    WHo said you have to change the mms.apk? Cuz you don't..

Flash back to stock and follow the tutorial on this website.. It works..

Oh and your local flashers don't know what they're talking about..

This is the first android I ever fully flashed, and it worked 100%

---------- Post added at 03:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

1. flash to stock or plainjane
    2. program for talk,txt,data
    3. root phone
    4. copy (replace) telephony.db to /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases then set permissions to 0755

done.

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Look at the other thread you opened. There is an attachment you have to run through the CW recovery. It is a 100% working solution.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Thread Information