Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Esn change and a ? about the $45.00 plan

I am about to get my first android flashed to Cricket, I have been on Cricket now for 10 years and am still currently using a Moto Razr V3a My question is I want to know if I go ahead and purchase the Silver package on this site how long does it take from the time I request a esn change to take affect from everyone's experience here? also since I already have the $45.00 plan do you think that the phone will switch still work on that plan or do I still need to get it changed to some type of a modified $45 plan?
    Also I just called a local flashing store here in Denver, CO and asked about the $45 plan still working and he informed me that as of Oct 31st 2011 that Cricket started charging $55 no matter what what now whether your rooted or not, is this true now?
    Last edited by HAMMER37; 01-28-2012 at 04:46 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

You were misinformed, I can confirm I am using an android device on the $45 plan, as well as many users of GreenK45. Root is required, obviously. u2nl/autostart still works as well.

The $45 plan is the $45 plan, there is no "modified" version.

Turnaround time, I have no idea...

Thanks for the info, I had a qestion for you I have the choice between flashing a Evo4g or a Moto Droid x2 which one would you go with?
    I also may have a opportunity today to trade both phones for a bad esn Samsung Galaxy sii, would you make that trade?

also a a guy I know that flashes phones just told me this:
    "The Galaxy SII Epic 4g are notorious for bricking when being rooted. They are easily throttled and requires odin or heimdall to push files. There a pain to work with."
    is that a true statement?
    Last edited by HAMMER37; 01-28-2012 at 05:08 PM.

i have the epic touch 4g with sprint...

as far is rooting it was just as easy as the evo shift...

I'm new to this site and i'm learning how to flash my older evo shift over to cricket

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER37 View Post
    Thanks for the info, I had a qestion for you I have the choice between flashing a Evo4g or a Moto Droid x2 which one would you go with?
    I also may have a opportunity today to trade both phones for a bad esn Samsung Galaxy sii, would you make that trade?

"The Galaxy SII Epic 4g are notorious for bricking when being rooted. They are easily throttled and requires odin or heimdall to push files. There a pain to work with."

Recognized Developer

Phone
    GS3, GNex, RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER37 View Post

You were misinformed again, EVERYTHING about that statement is false.

Rooting a device has nothing to do with "bricking" a device, only with user priveliges. (Like an Administrator account on Windows) It's what you do with those priveliges that can lead to a borked device.

Easily throttled? On what network? Cricket handles that kind of stuff server side, no client involved... AFAIK - that seems to be the general concensus around here.

Odin/Heimdall is software used to restore the phone to a factory state. For example, you get into a bootloop messing around with framework-res.apk. Odin the stock ROM and you're back to an out of the box state.

Samsung devices are probably some of the easier ones to work with in my experiences.

Out of the devices mentioned and the circumstances surrounding them, it honestly would depend on what you have invested in both devices you're intending to trade. Obviously the SGS2 is the best device out of them. Between the Droid X2 & the EVO 4G, I would take the EVO 4G as funny as that sounds, it has a very large developer & user base.
    Last edited by mraabhimself; 01-28-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Everyone has also recommended to me to just go with the Evo4G, I just really wished it had more then 512mb of internal memory but it I guess it doesn't effect it to bad as long as most apps can be run from the sd card. I have extremely poor signal on almost all droid phones and all cdma carriers in my home, do you know if doing the update radio process would really give me better signal reception?
    also why have they not put out a youtube complete flashing tutorial of the Evo4g?
    has the MMS issues with the Galaxy sii been worked out yet?
    Last edited by HAMMER37; 01-29-2012 at 03:12 PM.

Thread Information