Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Help with LG Ally Full Flash PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am flashing a LG Ally Verizon over to Cricket. I've already done the talk and text. QPST changed all the settings to MDN@mycricket.com but for some reason the settings keep getting reverted back to Verizon . Can someone please post a link or tell me how to fix this

2. Remove this advertisement.

Hey... how did you flashed it for the talk and text, i would be happy to have that!

Thanks!

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Motorola DX/D2

I used to have an ally and I had the same problem. I looked everywhere and tried everything, and like everyone else the settings just would not stick . My best advice is to sell it on craigslist for 130-150 bucks , take your money and get a droid 2 with a bad ESN from ebay for 120-150 bucks and flash it to cricket with the tutorial on this site. Better phone all around, and the settings stick, Thats what I did--no regrets!

Phone
    Motorola DX/D2

oh snap just glanced at ebay and saw this sweet deal 90bucks...if u can sell that ally for 90bucks do it n hook urself up....

Motorola Droid 2 Dark sapphire Verizon BAD ESN (723755811195) | eBay

Overall activity: 67.0%

Quote Originally Posted by phonekings View Post
    I am flashing a LG Ally Verizon over to Cricket. I've already done the talk and text. QPST changed all the settings to MDN@mycricket.com but for some reason the settings keep getting reverted back to Verizon . Can someone please post a link or tell me how to fix this
    I can get 1x data going on MetroPCS, but I'm not sure about 3g, especially since Metro doesn't have 3g in my area. Let me know if you're interested.

usbcable

You need to edit the NV items or write a ROM to it. LG Ally is a real easy phone to flash. Once you write the NV Items you should be able to write the EVDO settings. Be sure you are writing MDN@mycricket.com in the MIP tab on QPST then on the bottom right you see 3 boxes 1st box is 0.0.0.0 2nd and 3rd is 255.255.255.255 make sure profile is enabled. Then set active user to 0 (if this is the profile you edited) and make sure there is only 1 profile. Go to PPP Config tab and write username here on all tabs as well as password wich is cricket. You also need to write a EVDO PRL to the phone use a 42900 PRL (Google is your friend) The Ally is a real easy flash. Follow this and you should get it done in no time. If you have problems PM me

Overall activity: 3.0%

I flashed my wife's ally and I don't even get 1x. Just talk n text. I'm using the 42900 prl and did the qpst settings and they still revert back to Verizon on reboot. Help please?

Recognized Developer
    Overall activity: 55.0%

I have a a cricket ROM for LG ally and full 3g solution. 3g and rom are not free to public but i can post some instructions for 1x if you guys need it.

Quote Originally Posted by usbcable View Post
    You need to edit the NV items or write a ROM to it. LG Ally is a real easy phone to flash. Once you write the NV Items you should be able to write the EVDO settings. Be sure you are writing MDN@mycricket.com in the MIP tab on QPST then on the bottom right you see 3 boxes 1st box is 0.0.0.0 2nd and 3rd is 255.255.255.255 make sure profile is enabled. Then set active user to 0 (if this is the profile you edited) and make sure there is only 1 profile. Go to PPP Config tab and write username here on all tabs as well as password wich is cricket. You also need to write a EVDO PRL to the phone use a 42900 PRL (Google is your friend) The Ally is a real easy flash. Follow this and you should get it done in no time. If you have problems PM me

Can you help with writing the NV items. I've never had to do this with a phone before any help would be great. I can't stand paying someone to do something I can do myself but it's coming close to that point and I don't want to. Even direction to someone who can help me if you're not sure. Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

I flashed a LG ally to cricket and I cannot call out. I can receive calls and send and receive texts but the phone will not let me call out. Any solutions?

Don't change the MIP NAI Tether, Change all the rest though. the PPP section and so on. There should only be one that still has the vz b/s on it in the MIP. EVERY Ally I've done this with works 100% MMS, Web, so on.

Wrecked Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by billybob View Post
    Don't change the MIP NAI Tether, Change all the rest though. the PPP section and so on. There should only be one that still has the vz b/s on it in the MIP. EVERY Ally I've done this with works 100% MMS, Web, so on.
    This I find very hard to believe that your MMS works with this alone, perhaps you can recieve MMS off the rip but sending is another story

It works both ways on every ally I've come across. There is one that always reverts to verizon.com b/s and the rest in MIP and PPP don't revert, they all stay the same and it has always caused both 1x and mms send and receive to work flawlessly. It might have been something done to the phones before I got a hold of them, though all the cricket stores I took them to said they couldn't do it. Which is b/s. This is the only thing I've found to work after searching tirelessly for days in threads.

Wrecked Johnson

ahhhh your stuck on 1x I see, I can fix it for you if you like :-D

With? It's not so much "stuck" for me, I've been setting these up for people and this is all I've gotten to work with both web and mms. If you have a solution to get 3g and not disturb the mms. Please share. I'm sure it would help everybody looking through these threads.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

and yes some people know exactly what to do with;

00465 (0x01D1)
    00930 (0x03A2)
    01194 (0x04AA)
    02808 (0x0AF8)
    02825 (0x0B09)
    02954 (0x0B8A)

though there are a lot of us that have no idea what that stuff is for or how to use it. I for one do not. Though some people seem to say it works. Maybe you could elaborate on how to make (
    ---this will get you 3g on the lg ally---

) "work", or actually do something other than be strange forum reading. Because this is the only thing I've really come across that has any resemblance of "working" though only "with knowledge" of being a phone tech for over 40 years, the other solutions I've tried have the same problem as most everyone has, the settings revert.

I would also like to point out, that the phone I setup yesterday the way I described even got their 3g to work. I might be able to upload a photo later for some people "proof"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information