Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 28.0%
    Phone
    Moto Droid 3

I need help, i have a sprint sanyo zio that i wanna flash to cricket!

If nothing else can someone tell me how to connect this phone to cdma workshop and flash the prl? i need to know how to get VSP to create the serial for it, all i understand is motorola droid devices.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

First install the drivers from this link:

http://www.ziobykyocera.com/downloads/sprint/

Select
    the Sanyo Android Diag port.
    The above came from another website. I don't have a Zio, but tell me if that comes up when plugging in the Zio.

Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    Moto Droid 3

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    The above came from another website. I don't have a Zio, but tell me if that comes up when plugging in the Zio.
    Tried that in the very begining, I have 64bit windows 7 so some things give me more trouble then others lol, my thing is i dont know the ip address and port to run VSP off of to get it to connect, its more of a side project im messing with just for the hell of it, i learned how to enter fastboot and i have both sets of stock files (Cricket) and Sprint, but evidently tho their almost the same phone their not! lol the Sprint one is better supposedly tho i dont see much difference besides the stock Cricket zio rom is 1.6 and the Stock Sprint Rom is 2.2

Phone
    LG Optimus S

Have you had any luck with your phone? If not then after my work today I'll post what I remember when I did a zio last. I had a few to do and rushed through them. Something I really don't suggest anyone do....LOL I semi-bricked 1 but recently unbricked it so it could have Life again. Sofar it's just an MP3 player or youtube viewer over WiFi.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Tried that in the very begining, I have 64bit windows 7 so some things give me more trouble then others lol, my thing is i dont know the ip address and port to run VSP off of to get it to connect, its more of a side project im messing with just for the hell of it, i learned how to enter fastboot and i have both sets of stock files (Cricket) and Sprint, but evidently tho their almost the same phone their not! lol the Sprint one is better supposedly tho i dont see much difference besides the stock Cricket zio rom is 1.6 and the Stock Sprint Rom is 2.2
    If you get a diagnostic port then you don't have to use HW Serial or anything like that. With the Kyocera Echo it gave me a diagnostic port as soon as I installed drivers...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 3.0%

Customer Since
    Dec 2014
    Phone
    AT&T iPhone 6

Anybody know where I can find the usb drivers for Vista 32bit. I've searched everywhere.

You wanna download the drivers from the website for zio.check the com port in the windows device manager.using qpst load your cricket prl.dial ##3282 and change passwords to cricket and user name to 0000000000@mycricket.com and port 8080.open qpst change username and password ther also change to sip id. Download anycut from market and make a shortcut to proxy host wap.mycricket.com and port 8080.if I helped please hit thanks.not a full detailed but iam at work.and on my cell juss trying to help.sorry for spelling

Phone
    Htc Evo 3D

Hey techdigital do you have the Sprint zio stock rom? Would you mine sharing I need it to revive a dead Zio Thanx

Phone
    Moto Droid 3

Quote Originally Posted by tecolote2005 View Post
    Hey techdigital do you have the Sprint zio stock rom? Would you mine sharing I need it to revive a dead Zio Thanx
    Sure ill upload it today.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Phone
    Htc Evo 3D

Ok thanx

Phone
    Moto Droid 3

4 Mins til upload is complete! be ready.

Phone
    Moto Droid 3

Phone
    Galaxy 2

Been a while since this threads been alive so I hope someone can help

Client has a new out of the box sprint zio and either one of us can bypass the activation screen, need bypass dial codes or some other solution so I can flash this POS. and does anyone no how to pull the SPC from this. I had one a year or so ago and had to go to sprint store to get it.

Thanks to Anyone that can help me Out

Phone
    HTC EVO 3D

The SPC is pretty easy to get.. Mine had Android 2.2 on it from Sprint..
    (Kernal 2.6.32.9-perf, Build 2.200SP)

I dumped all of the readable areas of memory to bin files using UNICDMA. Then, I looked at the .bin files with a hex editor. The first readable section of memory produced a .bin file of about 320k in size.. The second readable section of memory produced a .bin file of about 9.79 megabytes. I found the SPC stored as a 6 digit plain ASCII string at an offset of 0043C033 within the second .bin file.

The absolute Adress where it is stored in my phone is 0x0F7DA033. So, if you wanna try it on yours, load CDMA workshop and connect to the phone. Go to the security tab. In the SPC section, select "universal RAM method" and click READ. A box will pop up. Put 0F7D in the "start Adress" box, and 65536 in the "size (byes)" box. Now click OK and it will read that 64k chunk of memory and scan it for SPC codes.. Look at the monitor area in the bottom of the CDMA Workshop window to read the results of any codes it finds.. (It should find the 6-digit SPC at 0F7D:A033)..
    Once you've got that, you need to run QPST Service Programming, and do the same thing you'd do for a transform or EVO... Put in your Phone number, data settings, etc..
    Once this is done, dial ##3282# on the phone, and change all of the following (you'll have to enter the SPC code to make changes) to match:

DATA PROFILE:
    >User Name: [your 10 digit phone number]@mycricket.com
    >Device IP: 0.0.0.0
    >Primary HA IP: 0.0.0.0
    >Secondary HA IP: 0.0.0.0
    MMSC URL:
    >URL:
    http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms

SELF CARE:
    >Server URL: 0.0.0.0
    >Server Proxy IP: 0.0.0.0
    >Server Port: 0
    RTSP:
    >Proxy Adress: 0.0.0.0
    >Proxy Port: 0
    HTTPD:
    >Proxy Adress: 0.0.0.0
    >Proxy Port 0

After that's done, go to
    http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/

Where it says "Enter your Login String:", put [your 10 digit phone number]@mycricket.com
    Make sure the bubble for your version of CDMA Workshop is selected, and click GENERATE.
    The site will send you a file, which you need to save for the next step.
    Now run CDMA workshop and connect to your phone. Select the memory tab at the top.
    In the section that says "NV Items," click WRITE.
    A Box will open. Browse to the file that whiterabbit.org generated for you, and click OPEN.
    This will write the correct data-connection username string to the phone's NVRAM.
    At this point, it should give you the option to reboot the phone. If not, disconnect CDMA Workshop and manually power off/reboot the phone.
    When the phone boots back up, you should get a 3G indicator in the status bar.
    Your internet may or may not work at this point, depending on which plan you have.

Use SuperOneClick (or other suitable method) to root your phone.
    Go to the Android Market and download APN Backup & Restore. Use that App to delete your original APNs and import new Cricket Android Suitable APNs From the SD card. (Theres some in the Sprint EVO and Transform reflash tutorials on this forum.)
    Go to the Android Market, and download/install Green45K Free.
    Run the app, and click enable.
    Everything should now work, except MMS.. If anyone figures MMS out, I'd sure like to know how...

Dont use the Cricket DATA Enabler tool on this phone.. It doesnt work.. You may be able to manually install Autostart and u2nl.. But, I just use Green45K cuz it worked on the first shot for me.. Youtube, Market, Browser, and Email all work fine, and get very decent speed.

Last edited by Metalguy66; 11-26-2011 at 02:02 AM.

refresh

Quote Originally Posted by techdigital View Post
    hey techdigital, would you mind reuploading the stock rom for sprint zio pls. Any idea on how to load it onto the phone? i read something bout puttin it into fastboot then pushing files, tried with the custom rom and that did not work.

Thread Information