Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LIARS!

Overall activity: 0%

LIARS!

I am now officially out of hair to pull out! I have a Sprint Lg Marquee and I have flashed it over to Cricket just fine, EXCEPT 3g speeds. It will only do 1x speed. I have got the mms working using the telephony.db mms.apk method. The problem I have (like many others) is in qpst the ANI settings which would be phonenumber@mycricket.xom revert back to imei@hfc.sprint.whatever! I am starting to think people that say they have done this are lying!!!! I would have a better chance getting this phone to fly than I would getting 3g speed! If I don't get it fixed I will be throwing it in the creek outside my house!

If there is anyone out there that knows what is wrong please help! I am willing to pay for some kind of remote flash or something but not willing to pay the price of a full flash. I would rather buy a new phone.

Sorry for posting this in the Optimus section but I believe this is basically the same phone.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

My Dinc reverts back to some "@verizon" settings when i do a *228 (So i never do *228 anymore).

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Probably the NV items. I wonder in Optimus S NV items would work on it...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

No one is lying, you just dont know what you are doing. You should probably read up more on how to flash SPRINT phones correctly to cricket.

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    No one is lying, you just dont know what you are doing. You should probably read up more on how to flash SPRINT phones correctly to cricket.
    Brilliant! Does reading every thread on the topic constitute reading more? I am guessing that since you didn't offer up any info you don't know either?

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

This has NOTHING to do with the optimus s, please move this stupid thread elsewhere!!

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    This has NOTHING to do with the optimus s, please move this stupid thread elsewhere!!
    Maybe move it to the LG Marquee section? There isn't one!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Moved to the flashed devices board. Please post in the appropriate forum.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Majorskold View Post
    I am now officially out of hair to pull out! I have a Sprint Lg Marquee and I have flashed it over to Cricket just fine, EXCEPT 3g speeds. It will only do 1x speed. I have got the mms working using the telephony.db mms.apk method. The problem I have (like many others) is in qpst the ANI settings which would be phonenumber@mycricket.xom revert back to imei@hfc.sprint.whatever! I am starting to think people that say they have done this are lying!!!! I would have a better chance getting this phone to fly than I would getting 3g speed! If I don't get it fixed I will be throwing it in the creek outside my house!

If there is anyone out there that knows what is wrong please help! I am willing to pay for some kind of remote flash or something but not willing to pay the price of a full flash. I would rather buy a new phone.

Sorry for posting this in the Optimus section but I believe this is basically the same phone.
    While I understand your frustration, starting a thread accusing everyone of being a liar, and more or less acting like a spoiled child because you can't get what you want, is no way to ask for help.
    Following up your statement of desperation with "I want this but I won't pay full price" isn't earning you any fans either.

Perhaps if you were to alter your perspective slightly and ask in a nicer manner, others would be more receptive to your request. It has been my experience that amoamare is quite knowledgeable when it comes to flashing and if he says it can and has been done, then it is likely so.

#justsayin
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

You are correct about the frustration. If I offended you I am sorry that was not the intent. The title was meant to attract people to look and perhaps help and it has worked, however, nobody seems to want to offer any help on the subject. This is a "community help forum" so I would think that peeps would be more willing to help on this topic. I am not the only person with this problem, there is a ton of other forum members with the same issue. That's great if amoamare is "quite knowledgeable" but his response is not showing anyone that he is here to help but rather put people down. Maybe he could use that knowledge and point people in the right direction. I'm not looking to be spoon fed however I HAVE read every thread regarding this!

With that kind of attitude it doesn't make people want to help you. The problem is simply a profile issue and its much like the optimus.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

It also like the devour but it not sticking. I heard of why to make it stick but I can not for sure which one. I always look and look and read everything. Google is ur best friends.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks amoamare for your input. I have done almost everything imaginable with the profile, from deleting all of them to making several with all the correct settings. My latest project was to dump and modify all the NV items that had *@sprint.com* in them to @mycricket.com. (there were about a dozen) It still rewrites itself to the sprint addy upon reboot, so I would guess it is in the NV items that I cannot get to. Some of them are not readable/writable for some reason. I am somewhat confident that this is where it is calling to address wise on reboot.

Quick tip
    Need two profiles only, one disabled.
    Need to figure out on the phone usually ##lgservicemenu to change carrier type then flash.

Like i said profile issue then like the optimus.

amoamare, you didn't know it, but you have helped me flash 4 or 5 phones over the last few years. THANKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    Quick tip
    Need two profiles only, one disabled.
    Need to figure out on the phone usually ##lgservicemenu to change carrier type then flash.

Like i said profile issue then like the optimus.
    You sir, Rock!!! That was my whole problem all along. I just needed to change the carrier type in the ##lgservicemenu from "Sprint" to "Undetermined"! Thank you so very much! If you have Paypal send me your email and I will send ya some bucks. I now have talk,text,mms and fast (3g) internet!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information