Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Exclamation (SOLVED) [FULL FLASH - TALK/TXT/DATA/MMS] Samsung Admire - Metro PCS to Cricket

I have figured this out and boy was it ever easy! I'll keep this short and sweet, if you need any deeper explanation it should come to you by reading and learning more about flashing.. Try checking some tutorials on this site for proper settings and the like.

Basically what we're going to do is turn the Admire into a Vitality by recovering a nandroid backup from the vitality. As you may know the two are identical, they're the same exact model, so this causes no problem.. Do not try this on any other type of phone unless they are the same models.. I use a similar technique to full flash the Mesmerize from CSpire, which is the exact same model as the Fascinate.

1. Install custom recovery
    [Odin] Clockworkmod Recovery - Not compatible with Rom Manager yet - Android Forums

2. Boot into recovery, make your own Nandroid backup just in case, then restore mine
    www.isaabdullah.com/154/NANDROID - Samsung Vitality.rar

.. When finished hit reboot, you will boot back into recovery, but don't worry just hit reboot again and you'll boot into the phone! Everything will be cricket branded now.

3. Put phone in debugging mode, open up adb and type "adb shell getprop ril.MSL" and you will see your SPC code.

4. Open up QPST or CDMA workshop, enter your spc, then write 000000, write the PRL and the proper settings, they should stick from then on.

THERE YOU GO! There is no need what-so-ever to mess with any settings, apns, or anything like that.

I'm not responsible for any bricks. Thanks to those who allowed this to happen. If you want to buy me some diapers send donations to isa@isaabdullah.com on paypal.

ROOT (optional)

Root for this device is available in our Vitality section, but the nandroid backup I did already has root.

MUVE MUSIC?

It would work if you could put it on the Muve Music plan, problem is you cannot, you are unable to pick the right plan even if the model is set as the Vitality. So delete it.

--------- OP BELOW LEFT FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES -----------

I am trying to flash this phone to cricket, but I have two extremely frustrating issues with this phone... Looking to see if anyone has any info regarding it.

Rooted Metro PCS Samsung Admire 2.3.4, it's the same phone as the Vitality without the Muve Music features (obviously)

1. I have the correct settings, 3G displayed, can download apps and apps get data perfectly fine, the issue though is that the browser does not work.. I tried both the stock Metro Web browser and Dolphin Browser, nothing, only once did google come up and when I searched it went right back down.

2. MMS is killing me, I've tried APNs, GO SMS, Universal Cricket MMS.apk, and Modified telephony.. When I can send MMS, I can't receive, or worse, WHEN I CAN SEND AND RECEIVE MMS I can't receive SMS...

I am perplexed, but haven't given up yet.. I'll update the thread if I figure it out on my own.

Google isn't much help, and I know not many people need to ever flash a Metro phone to Cricket.

Last edited by 154-4bdu114h; 03-10-2012 at 04:05 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Ok, I figured out the browser issue, and it lays in the need to have proxy set up..

Working on MMS, from what I can see now it may just need a proper APN..

I will make a tutorial when I'm done.

Phone
    ZTE Score *root

Thank you for posting this. You are the closest I have seen to someone having the Admire fully functioning with Cricket.

My wife and I were forced from Metro to Cricket unexpectedly. Long story short, my wife, kids and myself had to move from Orlando, FL to the my hometown in Western NY area. We had Metro well before we knew about the move and have been able to use our Metro phones and numbers for the past year - NO PROBLEMS. Until they sent us notification, back in October, that we were being disconnected for primarily off network usage. This is only a temp move until September.

We cannot afford to buy new phones again and would really like to keep our Admires. Cricket gave us these ZTE Scores for switching. I'll just call them crap to be nice. I have better words! The hardware and UI are really bad compared to the Admires and they keep dropping calls (even after updating (*228)). Our Admires ALWAYS have perfect signal.

Anyways, down to it: We want service on our Admires. I am willing to make any modifications I need to make this possible. We are just not willing to pay extra for phones we already have. We don't have money like that and I would rather risk bricking my phone than giving Cricket $80 more than I originally paid for both phones ($140 more than if I were to buy them from Metro now).

Thank you whether you are able to help or not. Any info would be cool. Your post gave me hope that it CAN happen. The Score is my the only phone I have ever rooted ... desperate for anything better.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:43 PM ----------

Just found a bunch of info in these forums that will probably help more than anything else. No need for the direction right now. Your post is the only reason I found most of my answers. I am interested in whether or not you fixed your final problems?

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by 154-4bdu114h View Post
    Ok, I figured out the browser issue, and it lays in the need to have proxy set up..

Working on MMS, from what I can see now it may just need a proper APN..

I will make a tutorial when I'm done.
    Thanks I have the same trouble,

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Sorry, I had not realized this post had been posted in until now..

I was able to fix data, using anycut.apk I got into a lot of the settings and had to switch out all the leftover metro proxy data with crickets.. The MMS I was unable to get fully working, so I used a work around, a "universal cricket mms" apk that was available on the forum at one time, but has seemed to dissapeared (not the one currently offered by mrraabhimself).. The problem with that app is that it cannot recieve regular txt messages for some reason, it can however send and receive mms, and send sms.. So it wasn't a pretty solution..

Really what I want to try is flashing a rom dump from the vitality on to the admire, since there is really no difference in the two devices.

Time constrictions took away from my desire / ability to post tutorials..

The customer I flashed the phone for recently sold it to me, so maybe I can help if you all still have issues.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

I think if you can get data working you can use the $5 universal mms app available on the forum,.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Sorry, I had not realized this post had been posted in until now..

I was able to fix data, using anycut.apk I got into a lot of the settings and had to switch out all the leftover metro proxy data with crickets.. The MMS I was unable to get fully working, so I used a work around, a "universal cricket mms" apk that was available on the forum at one time, but has seemed to dissapeared (not the one currently offered by mrraabhimself).. The problem with that app is that it cannot recieve regular txt messages for some reason, it can however send and receive mms, and send sms.. So it wasn't a pretty solution..

Really what I want to try is flashing a rom dump from the vitality on to the admire, since there is really no difference in the two devices.

Time constrictions took away from my desire / ability to post tutorials..

The customer I flashed the phone for recently sold it to me, so maybe I can help if you all still have issues.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

I think if you can get data working you can use the $5 universal mms app available on the forum,.
    Thanks the easy fix was to install a new browser. Here is the mini opera browser apk.

https://rapidshare.com/files/2665407...Mini_6.5.1.apk

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I tried the browser thing first, dolphin didn't work.. You got lucky with the Opera thing

Good work sir

I tried the browser thing first, dolphin didn't work.. You got lucky with the Opera thing

Good work sir
    It will not load from the market, somehow metro browser blocks it. I use sideloader to load it.

hey qpst wont get my spc but my phone isint active help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Machuca View Post
    hey qpst wont get my spc but my phone isint active help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    adb shell getprop ril.MSL

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Check it out, I got it fully flashed, and branded to Cricket.

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

I'm gonna bump this a couple times in case anyone still needs it.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Okay, everything worked fine untill I got to loading my PRL file. I browsed for the file fine, but it wont let me check "preffered roaming client" or whatever it was that it said. Is this because I haven't actually set up an account with Cricket? And on QPST, for my phone number it juss put my old Metro phone number, is that okay for now until I pay for my new account and get it set up?

Customer Since
    Aug 2009
    Phone
    iPhone 4

Quote Originally Posted by stillblazin916 View Post
    Okay, everything worked fine untill I got to loading my PRL file. I browsed for the file fine, but it wont let me check "preffered roaming client" or whatever it was that it said. Is this because I haven't actually set up an account with Cricket? And on QPST, for my phone number it juss put my old Metro phone number, is that okay for now until I pay for my new account and get it set up?
    I don't think you have to check anything, just click browse and find the file then click write.. If you can't get it then just download the copy of CDMA workshop you can find elsewhere on the forum.

Don't bother programming anything else until you have service, afterwards just do *228 and you'll get talk and text, then you just need to program the evdo settings to get internet, mms and apps.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information