Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D (ICS)

Stupid Question? Switching devices...

I searched but I am having a hard time finding an answer to my question...

I currently am using an EVO4G on the $55 android plan. I flashed it myself about a year ago.

I just scored an awesome deal on an EVO3D. I plan on reflashing the EVO3D to Cricket and using it with my existing number and plan, and keeping the 4G as a backup phone.

Sooo.... I know how to flash the EVO3D to Cricket, but how do I activate it, and have it take the place of my EVO4G on my Cricket plan? Do I just turn off my old phone and turn on the new one? Do I have to call Cricket and let them know I'm switching devices, or do a *228 or something?

If there's a thread about this please point me at it... thanks!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D (ICS)

Nevermind... I think I found my answer. I'll post it here in case anybody else needs the info:

Below is a Guide on how to activate a cell phone on Cricket Communications that you purchased on eBay from the comfort of your home and without the need to go to a Cricket Store. Its easy, simple and fast.

Three Steps Before You Call To Activate:

1. Get the ESN Number of the Phone. Take the battery off of the phone and look for the ESN number on the label the battery was covering. Models vary, but all of them either show the ESN as an 11 digit number in Decimal format (sometimes abbreviated DEC) or in Hexadecimal format which is a combination of letters and numbers that is 8 digits in length. Cricket can work with either one. It is not the serial number which is usually designated “S/N” or the FCC ID number.

ESN Number is always below the battery
    ESN Number is on the label
    Cricket can use either the ESN, HEX, or DEC Number
    2. Make sure the phone is fully charged. You don't want the phone to die when it starts programming because the battery dies. Also, fully charging the battery helps to prolong and enhance the battery’s performance (repeated, short and incomplete charging of your battery will diminish its capacity).
    3. Know the Model of the Phone you are activating, they will ask you for this information. It is also on the esn label.
    Part I. Transferring your existing contract service to the phone you just bought.
    1. Call 1-800-CRICKET 800-274-2538 and at the prompt enter your 10 digit phone number. When the Customer Service person answers the phone, tell him/her that you would like to activate your phone number on another cell phone. You will be asked some security questions, and then they will ask for the ESN number and the model number of the phone that you want to switch your service to.
    2. It takes about 30 seconds and then they will ask you to turn your phone off and back on and dial *228 and press send. Your phone will be programmed over the air in about 60 seconds.
    3. You must be in an Over The Air Activation area, called OTA, for your phone to program on Cricket. There web site has a map that shows where their OTA areas are. If you are not in one, the phone will not program and you will have to drive to the nearest OTA area and then you can successfully program your phone by dialing *228.
    Source:
    eBay Guides - Cricket Activation Guide for Replacement Cell Phones

O wow, thanks!!! I'm looking to buy an already flashed cricket phone and this will be very useful!

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Quote Originally Posted by baedrei09 View Post
    O wow, thanks!!! I'm looking to buy an already flashed cricket phone and this will be very useful!
    If it is an already flashed phone to cricket, then you will have to get it re-flashed to your number since its flashed to the number that was using it before you.

o ok thanks!

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

You won't need to reflash the phone just to put your number into the settings. If you pay more than 10-15 bucks to gabber your number changed out from the phone your getting screwed over. Just my opinion

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SER-ious View Post
    You won't need to reflash the phone just to put your number into the settings. If you pay more than 10-15 bucks to gabber your number changed out from the phone your getting screwed over. Just my opinion
    So how do I get my number onto the phone? Do I call cricket to activate it? But that will be $15 as well?

Banned

Phone
    Droid Bionic

You will need to call cricket or go to a store to get it put on your account. Over that is done you can *228 it and that will program your number in but you may just have talk and text till you either get someone to change the setting or figure it out on here.
    Last edited by SER-ious; 03-15-2012 at 02:54 PM.

Thread Information