Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    jan 2013

Need help with my Sony Xperia Z1 unlocked

...was somehow convinced that i could switch out the S3 i got thru CricKet a year ago, because i was holding out for the S5 release, only to be disappointed on how cheap it looks. When I discovered the Xperia, i was impressed all-around, which is how i need to feel if im going to pay over $500 out of pocket for a phone to use with cricKet, that only needs to satisfy my service needs, NOT my choice of phone.

I have been reading several posts from various sites trying to piece together a way to take my sim from the S3 over to my Xperia Z1 (C6906). I bought it unlocked, just recently succeeded in rooting it with working recovery and flashed all the way back up to 4.4 Kitkat... but am i wasting my time trying to figure a way to make it work with CricKet? I called them and got a brief reply that i had to listen very closely to understand him say that they do not flash phones anymore (which is not what i was asking about) and that i cant do anything with my non-CricKet cell phone.

Is there a way I can make this happen and really not have to deal with anyone from CricKet?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

Just go to a cricket store purchase the new sim card have it activated to your number and talk and text should work, for data I think you need to mess with the apns to make it work.

Customer Since
    jan 2013

Well it was just that easy, i dont know what i was tripping about... i went to the store yesterday and requested to have my sim migrated to gsm so i could use my unlocked Sony Xperia Z1... the person that assisted me was very laid back and friendly... she put a test sim in my Xperia, determined it was capable of working with Cricket services, and sold me a new sim that was working before i left the store... pretty simple and that concludes my mission to have the phone I want on the service that works for me at this time. Thanks for the reply to my initial question. By the way the phone connection sounds great on this phone and network... a noticeable improvement!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    FEB 2013
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4

So is data and mms working for you? If so, what are your average speeds? I am really eyeing the Z2, I read that it can work on att network but the price is kind of high.

Overall activity: 6.0%

Customer Since
    Sept 2014

That is the info I want I have the Sony Xperia Ultra C6806 which has all matching specs for Cricket Network....I currently have on Straight Talk AT&T Sim chip and I get LTE/HSPA+ data service depending where. I put my IMEI number in Cricket Check compatibility feature and says I will only get 3G service which does not make sense so hoping somebody can tell me that getting correct APN will get my LTE or HSPA+ data service via Cricket. I was going to switch in one month and said worst I could always switch back. Here the network specs for my Sony Xperia C6806. Any good news or advice would really help.....
    UMTS HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II), 2100 (Band I) MHz****
    GSM GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz****
    LTE (Bands I, II, III, IV, V, VII, VIII, XX)****

Again Cricket Compatibility check on there website said my Xperia will only get 3G service and then chat told me you have to get a Cricket Unit for LTE to work. I am thinking if you get the APN setting my Xperia will connect via LTE or HSPA+....Any advice or good news would be awesome.
    Last edited by panthdave; 11-16-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Customer Since
    jan 2013

As I found out, taking any phone that is LTE ready which I believe your phone is... Into a cricket store and tell them you want to use that phone with their service and that is it. I meant to say unlocked phone as well. You will have 4g service when avail. Before and after cricket merged with AT&T I have had pretty smooth service. Keep it simple and don't overwhelm yourself with all that technical details... 4g is very new still and if a location doesn't have bands your phone uses next in line which is 3G.

Thread Information