Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by fantasyisland View Post
    Cricket don't take flash phones Esn over the phone. You have to physically go into a cricket store and have it connected. That is what 4 Phone reps told me. I wonder if anyone knows anything different? Maybe somebody does full flashing and activation here on the site!
    what really?
    i connected a sprint optimus s once tme that i flashed myself all they asked for was the phones esn and that was it and i had to give my debit card info to start service hmm ill ook into it again
    i dont mind going into a store theres like a cricket/flashing stores like on every corner lol
    stated here on the site chrisngrod can help you with alot of stuff but activation aint one of them you msut walk into ta store to activate it or try calling thats what i did

2. Remove this advertisement.

Did a standard flash after playing with the dialer to get a DIAG for my com port. 7 of 12 nv items write in cdma, all seems fine still. I don't need root yet, but will see about that later. ##DIAG with the USB connected to the computer gets the job done on R800X, others seem different, like ##DIAG# for a R800i I think. dialing this does nothing unless your connected. I got a 'Critical Error' flash aborted, message in QPST but nothing bad happened, and everything was written and stuck. If my flash is all good I would love to do a write up for the 55 a month plan. Getting root is only a paid solution from what I found and that makes this phone a poor candidate for the $45 plan.

Verified Dealer
    Phone
    LG Revolution

Does the Meid start with 256 Like the Thunderbolt?

Flashing this is the same as any android phone. APN for MMS and data settings through CDMA Workshop or QPST, my MEID started with 270...if you can try to update it on VZW before flashing because the firmware 2.3.2 isn't rootable but 2.3.3 is...sucks for me.

Phone
    ascend 2

Hello I have a sony experia play i want to pattern unlock ,anybody knows how to perform on update from the sd card...

Phone
    ascend 2

Verizon xperia play

Has anybody found a way to reset sony experia play
    i have one and i havent been able to used it , somebody
    please give us a hand , thank you..

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quote Originally Posted by 679wireless View Post
    Has anybody found a way to reset sony experia play
    i have one and i havent been able to used it , somebody
    please give us a hand , thank you..
    Only way is to reload firmware. Let me know if you need it.

Any CFW for this phone so APN changes will save / take effect?

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Xperia market won't work...Regular does.
    ##3424 then send is the diag...
    Testing mms.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

My Xperia Play was able to be converted just fine. However, the APN settings delete themselves when I try and change the MNC from 004 to 016. Tried editing /etc/apns-conf.xml but that did no good either.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I haven't actually done this phone. You're using APN Backup and Restore?
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

It is probably same problem as evo. You will need to delete and restore via apn backup and restore.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

ok universal mms apk works for mms. Did not try the apn backup and restore. I assume regular apns for Incredible should work.
    Just wanted to confirm that *228 is safe. Even if you change the number on it, settings do not revert with *228 (like they do with crazy incredible and eris). Something nice.

Games that are preloaded need wifi to download, but again XPERIA market will not work since it is directly connected to verizon. Not sure if regular games from the market will be able to utilize its joystick. Pretty cool phone I should say. Has this nice expensive feel to it. Not a big fan of its screen, but it is certainly better than Mercury.

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

ok universal mms apk works for mms. Did not try the apn backup and restore. I assume regular apns for Incredible should work.
    Just wanted to confirm that *228 is safe. Even if you change the number on it, settings do not revert with *228 (like they do with crazy incredible and eris). Something nice.

Games that are preloaded need wifi to download, but again XPERIA market will not work since it is directly connected to verizon. Not sure if regular games from the market will be able to utilize its joystick. Pretty cool phone I should say. Has this nice expensive feel to it. Not a big fan of its screen, but it is certainly better than Mercury.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

IDK what "APN backup & restore" is. APN settings are not in the config menu whee they should be, so I downloaded a widget to get me there. All the other settings save but when I try to change that 004 to a 016 it deletes all of the settings. Used to be when I clear that menu it brought back the default verizon ones. I changed the XML and now that does not even happen. *228 works fine as long as you know the tower you're connected to has the PRL you want. *22804 will get you a cricket PRL off of a Sprint tower where I live. Results around the country may vary. The games situation is completly (edit chrisngrod). As mentioned the store is tied to Verizon. However, there is a GSM model of this phone so knowing if theirs goes through their provider would be helpful. But there is not much in the store anyway. All of the android emulators I've found suck. So I have a gaming phone that won't play games and can't get service because there is only 1 tower in my town and all it does is roaming. I have learned a lot but I am pissed with what I'm stuck with.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 04-30-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Please police yourself in reference to your language.

APN Backup and Restore is a program found in the Google Play Store.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Found it, tried it, same results. I think your ap does something similar to what I manualy tried to do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information