Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

So Much for This VooDoo Majic Method LOL

I just got a new Engage and after going though a bottle of ibuprofen with this thread I finally did in fact get rooted last night and started having some really awesome fun with my Android, however, THIS method posted in this thread was a very big waste of time and it actually felt more like some kind of VooDoo Majic that seriously didn't make much sense for this phone. SO, I found a method that DOES work and have posted it for everyone in another thread Very Easy ROOT method for the ZTE Engage V8000. Not only does this method make a little more sense but it doesn't require a Phd in Computer Science to git er done LOL

Hey, I'll try anything once!! And even twice if it works but this just didn't cut it for me. Hope everyone has as much fun with their ZTE Engage as I am having and look forward to the next obvious steps in getting this awesome Android developed (ClockWork MOD and A2SD!!) and a custom ROM for it going.

The Geekster

< ---------------- Click on the PayPal donate button if I was able to help you. All proceeds donated go to the further development of the
    ZTE Score X500

and ZTE Engage V8000 and to this web site. THANK YOU!!

Last edited by geekster; 03-03-2013 at 01:28 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

I haven't been on here in a while so thank you for all the kind words and even the not so kind. Sorry you had trouble with it geekster and glad you found another root method. I hope everyone is enjoying there Engage as I am. Hopefully we will see more roms in the future. Later.

Supporting Member
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

Likewise Jared..............

Thank you as well. Hopefully you can see that much progress has been made in developing the Engage. A ClockWork MOD has now been made official and Stedman420 now has two custom ROMS to get things kick started. He has more in the works for the Engage so stay tuned.

The Geekster

Overall activity: 10.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Engage LT n8000

Anyone know if this method will work on the new LT version of the engage? Its a sweet phone, but as usual, they put way too much crap on it. I want root so I can find a working custom rom. Email, respond here, etc. Thanks for any help

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information