Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Jan 2013

Play Store: Muve Music: Device not supported. Is this normal?

Play Store: Muve Music: Device not supported. Is this normal? skuno2378

2. Remove this advertisement.

It is normal, this is an update that is only compatible with certain muve music devices. There has not been an update released yet for the ZTE Engage.

Customer Since
    Jan 2013

2 Questions

Could you maybe tell me if you have a Cricket tab in the Google Play Store or if you are able to download Cricket Visual Voicemail without it giving a "!" saying it's not supported by your carrier? Thanks.

Overall activity: 5.0%

Customer Since
    June 2011
    Phone
    Nokia Lumia 1320

The Engage already has Muve Music installed on it. I saw Muve on Play too but I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with that version except that it might be for Muve Music devices purchased from Best Buy or Radio Shack...those that are not available thru a Cricket store.

Supporting Member
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by skuno2378 View Post
    Play Store: Muve Music: Device not supported. Is this normal? skuno2378
    Wow, I think that's the best trick question I've seen posted on here yet LOL That depends on both the phone you have and the carrier you have. Muve Music is strictly for Androids that support Muve Music and is provided by Cricket. So if you are a Cricket customer and have an Android that supports Muve Music then I would say, yes that is quite unusual. I myself just tried to download Muve Music on Google Play and it says its compatabile with my phone. If you are a Cricket customer and have a phone that supports Muve Music then you might check your device you have Google Play set to. Hope this answers your question.

The Geekster
    Last edited by geekster; 02-16-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Denise Cervantes View Post
    It is normal, this is an update that is only compatible with certain muve music devices. There has not been an update released yet for the ZTE Engage.
    Quote Originally Posted by babyflitestreak View Post
    The Engage already has Muve Music installed on it. I saw Muve on Play too but I'm not entirely sure what the deal is with that version except that it might be for Muve Music devices purchased from Best Buy or Radio Shack...those that are not available thru a Cricket store.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekster View Post
    Wow, I think that's the best trick question I've seen posted on here yet LOL That depends on both the phone you have and the carrier you have. Muve Music is strictly for Androids that support Muve Music and is provided by Cricket. So if you are a Cricket customer and have an Android that supports Muve Music then I would say, yes that is quite unusual. I myself just tried to download Muve Music on Google Play and it says its compatabile with my phone. If you are a Cricket customer and have a phone that supports Muve Music then you might check your device you have Google Play set to. Hope this answers your question.
    The Geekster
    ummm lemme try to answer this correctly. geekster was closest and most correct however

1. muve music is only cricket phones on cricket's network. that includes pay-go and radioshack customers.

2. not all cricket phones support muve music, and not all plans have it. all the new android plans have it free ($50,$60,$70) this includes the LTE4g plans as well even if the galaxy doesn't have muve yet, it will in the future and the HTC one SV does now.

3. before muve music 3.0 it was only available through cricket, and updated through the cricket store on the phone. after version 3.0 it's on the play store and updated through google play. not all devices will be getting the update but more will be coming including the engage

4. rocking muve on my mercury. carry an extra SD card on me so i can swap out if i need storage. only wish i didn't have to power the phone off to do it. not all artists are available, especially the beatles etc. plenty of alice in chains, daft punk, pop music, korn, led zeppelin, comedians, kids music, gospel. the ringbacks aren't so great, but nice to be free. The ring tones left me using zedge/myxer most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by skuno2378 View Post
    Could you maybe tell me if you have a Cricket tab in the Google Play Store or if you are able to download Cricket Visual Voicemail without it giving a "!" saying it's not supported by your carrier? Thanks.
    you can download it, but it will ask you to pay to use it $2/mo on the $50 plan and free on the $60/70 plans. it is one thing that WILL ADD TO YOUR BILL! and like all the other stuff that adds to the bill it will confirm twice before you add it

Thread Information