Sign Up Now FAQ
Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

 
Welcome to Cricket Users!



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,204, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    ZTE Engage



    USB Storage does not work

    I bought my ZTE Engage from a corporate store four days ago and just tried to transfer files some files between my computer and the sd card with a USB cable. I was prompted to turn USB Storage On. But when I clicked the button, the orange screen indicating a successful connection flashed for a fraction of a second before returning to the screen prompting me to turn USB Storage On. "Preparing SD card" then appeared in the notifications bar for a couple of seconds. Pressing the USB Storage On button again got the same results. I called support and was instructed to return the defective phone to the store for a new one since I've had the phone less than thirty days.

    Also, I noticed that the ZTE Engage does not appear to have the red, yellow, and green notification LEDs like my Huawei Ascend 2 does, but that's a minor inconvenience.
    Last edited by Alan Baxter; 11-18-2012 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Corrected to Ascend 2

  2. Remove this advertisement.
  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Points: 188, Level: 3
    Overall activity: 32.0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    14



    Re: USB Storage does not work

    Did you try a different USB cable? ZTE shipped a funky cable with this phone.

    Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Tapatalk 2

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,204, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    ZTE Engage



    Thanks for the suggestion, Robert. The corporate store tried it out with a different cable on a different computer after doing a factory reset. Same problem. They discovered that a new phone had the same problem and emailed IT about it six days ago. The store still had not received any response to this issue as of two two days ago, so they sent another email to IT. Does it work on your ZTE Engage? If so, then I'll urge the store to try it out on a different new phone.

  5. #4
    Member
    Points: 1,632, Level: 23
    Overall activity: 0%
    drob6368's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 11
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Florence ,KY
    Posts
    60
    Phone
    htc one sv


    1 out of 1 members liked this post.

    I had that exact same problem myself but I managed to get mine to connect to my pc long enough to install the provided usb drivers that are on the phone if you can get it to connect long enough go to my computer on your pc and it shows as a cd rom drive and you will find the usb drivers in there that where I found them at hope that helps

  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,204, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    ZTE Engage



    Thanks, that worked. If I recall correctly, there were only three files visible when I connected the USB cable: one of them named something like VX_8000.exe. Double-clicking that on my XP machine caused it to install a service at "Program Files\Froyo_Android_Driver\Bin\MonServiceUDisk.exe ". Now USB storage works: my SD card is accessible from my PC, and the driver installation executable is no longer visible. Thanks for all your help. You guys rule! (Meanwhile, Cricket support has been worthless. I wonder if they'll ever call me back with the instructions you gave me.)

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Points: 200, Level: 3
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Customer Since
    July 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1



    Just received my Engage & had the same usb problem. Many thanks to drob6368 & Alan Baxter for saving me hours/days of aggravation.

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,204, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    ZTE Engage



    You're welcome. My Engage is still working well.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Points: 413, Level: 8
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Customer Since
    Nov. 2010
    Location
    baytown, Tx
    Posts
    3



    zte v8000 LT. issues

    I have one of the new zte v8000 LT phones. Ive only had it since march 21 and it worked great till a week ago and now it has slowed down and every now and then through out the day i see fast moving lines that are a different color than the rest of screen it makes me think of what u see on a computer monitor screen when computer has a bunch of viruses on it. But ive used the NQ virus program that came on the phone and downloaded AVG and a couple different malware programs and they all say theres no problem. But obviously there is maybe just not that kind. Im still learning these smartphones this is only my third one ever. Also when im using different apps i get a message sayin sorry unfortunately this program has stopped (whatever program it it happens to at that time.) The one it does it most on is voicemail. If anyone can help me id greatly appretiate the help. My email is realskin83@gmail.com if it is easier to do anything faster through it.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Points: 618, Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Fresno, Ca
    Posts
    2



    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Baxter View Post
    I bought my ZTE Engage from a corporate store four days ago and just tried to transfer files some files between my computer and the sd card with a USB cable. I was prompted to turn USB Storage On. But when I clicked the button, the orange screen indicating a successful connection flashed for a fraction of a second before returning to the screen prompting me to turn USB Storage On. "Preparing SD card" then appeared in the notifications bar for a couple of seconds. Pressing the USB Storage On button again got the same results. I called support and was instructed to return the defective phone to the store for a new one since I've had the phone less than thirty days.

    Also, I noticed that the ZTE Engage does not appear to have the red, yellow, and green notification LEDs like my Huawei Ascend 2 does, but that's a minor inconvenience.
    You have to install drivers for the V8000. I don't remember at the moment how I did but I had the same problem on the non LT. After you install drivers everything should would perfect. I apologize if I make the windows OS assumption. Any other os should just work.

    ---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 PM ----------

    Sorry, I see you got the answer already, I logged in here and saw your post last night but didn't back to answering it until now. again sorry for the post after the fact.
    Last edited by dopy25; 05-08-2013 at 07:58 PM.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Points: 921, Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%
    moryantswife's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Customer Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SD,CA
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    ZTE Engage



    I am having issues with my SD card in my phone lately too. It keeps un mounting and mounting my SD card.. its driving me insane and killing may battery faster than normal..I called tech support they told me i HAVE to have the muve card and universal cards arent supported..It has worked just fine for the last 5 months..HELP??

  12. #11
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,204, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    ZTE Engage



    Sorry you've started having a problem. Do you still have the muve card that came with your phone? If the problem persists with that installed, your phone may be broken. I've been using a 16 GB non-muve Lexcar card that I bought at Office Depot last November. It still works just fine. I suggest you test your phone with a different non-muve card. Your old one may have become defective.

  13. #12
    Junior Member
    Points: 921, Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%
    moryantswife's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Customer Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SD,CA
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    ZTE Engage



    dont have it

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Baxter View Post
    Sorry you've started having a problem. Do you still have the muve card that came with your phone? If the problem persists with that installed, your phone may be broken. I've been using a 16 GB non-muve Lexcar card that I bought at Office Depot last November. It still works just fine. I suggest you test your phone with a different non-muve card. Your old one may have become defective.
    I opted to not take the muve card. I threw the sd card. I had recently got the card before getting the phone, it was in one I was upgrading from. Monday I am taking it to a Corp store and see what they say.
    I at this point did a factory reset and its still acting goofy with the sd card.

  14. #13
    Junior Member
    Points: 1,204, Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%

    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    ZTE Engage



    Good luck. Let me know how it turns out. Disclaimer: I'm not an expert, just a barely satisfied Cricket customer.

  15. #14
    Supporting Member
    Points: 1,161, Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%
    geekster's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 13
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Customer Since
    2012
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    39
    Phone
    HTC One SV


    1 out of 1 members liked this post.

    Issues and clarifications ..................

    I have to apologize for this post being so late in the coming due to me working really long hours this year and so I haven't been staying on top of posts here like I normally do. First, I had a good laugh at the post about a so called "V8000 LT" and there of course is no such android. You either have an Engage V8000 or an Engage LT N8000. And they are two completely different androids. That's the reason we tried to have two separate forums for them on this site to begin with but no one seemed to want to listen. Stedman420 has been developing both of them and has posts for custom ROMS relevant to each of them. And I suppose from reading all the hardware issues with the Engage V8000 I must be very lucky to have had none of the problems sited thus far. Also there is no problem with the USB cable nor with the Engage itself. What they (Cricket) doesn't bother to tell people is that if you have Windows then you have to download the ZTE Android drivers in order to connect with your Engage. You can get them from either the ZTE website or my Dropbox
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxqrq7z7rk...5.2066.1.8.zip


    This issue is also discussed in detail over on Unleashed Prepaids. If you are using Linux, then technically speaking you shouldn't need any drivers to be able to connect with the Engage since this is the android's native language. As for the SD card problem, I wished that the user had been more specific as to what type of card they are using. I have a SanDisk class 10 32G micro SD card that has worked perfectly in my Engage. It's kind of hard to tell what class cards they use for MUVE SD cards and I kind of doubt that ZTE would even want to tell you LOL I do know that the higher the class of SD card used in any android the better off you will be especially since you want all the speed you can get.

    I hope this post helps clear up some misunderstandings.


    The Geekster

    <---------------- Click on the PayPal donate button if I was able to help you. THANK YOU!!

    Last edited by geekster; 07-21-2013 at 01:57 PM.

  16. #15
    Junior Member
    Points: 921, Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%
    moryantswife's Avatar
    Reputation
    Reputation 10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Customer Since
    Nov 2010
    Location
    SD,CA
    Posts
    15
    Phone
    ZTE Engage



    Quote Originally Posted by geekster View Post
    I have to apologize for this post being so late in the coming due to me working really long hours this year and so I haven't been staying on top of posts here like I normally do. First, I had a good laugh at the post about a so called "V8000 LT" and there of course is no such android. You either have an Engage V8000 or an Engage LT N8000. And they are two completely different androids. That's the reason we tried to have two separate forums for them on this site to begin with but no one seemed to want to listen. Stedman420 has been developing both of them and has posts for custom ROMS relevant to each of them. And I suppose from reading all the hardware issues with the Engage V8000 I must be very lucky to have had none of the problems sited thus far. Also there is no problem with the USB cable nor with the Engage itself. What they (Cricket) doesn't bother to tell people is that if you have Windows then you have to download the ZTE Android drivers in order to connect with your Engage. You can get them from either the ZTE website or my Dropbox
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxqrq7z7rk...5.2066.1.8.zip


    This issue is also discussed in detail over on Unleashed Prepaids. If you are using Linux, then technically speaking you shouldn't need any drivers to be able to connect with the Engage since this is the android's native language. As for the SD card problem, I wished that the user had been more specific as to what type of card they are using. I have a SanDisk class 10 32G micro SD card that has worked perfectly in my Engage. It's kind of hard to tell what class cards they use for MUVE SD cards and I kind of doubt that ZTE would even want to tell you LOL I do know that the higher the class of SD card used in any android the better off you will be especially since you want all the speed you can get.

    I hope this post helps clear up some misunderstandings.


    The Geekster

    <---------------- Click on the PayPal donate button if I was able to help you. THANK YOU!!
    The type of card I have is a SanDisk 16GB MicroSD HC, I couldnt tell you the class of it but there is a 4 in like a circle or a C


 

 
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Advertise With Us?
Advertise with us? (Position 1 - Advertise with Us) Small Banner