Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    HTC One SV

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Thanks..............

For your letting us know what SD card you are using because that does tell us a lot!! And that particular SanDisk card does come in several different classes and based on the information that is indeed a class 4 SD card. And not that a class 4 in of itself is all that bad for some applications but it's a horrible class to use in an android or worse yet in a camera. And I threw the camera in there because as you know most androids do in fact have cameras in them and so the class of the SD card is very crucial just for that application alone. Having said that, one can ask, just how much difference does it really matter what the class of an SD card in an android is. And my bottom line answer is not very much. Your class 4 card still should have worked just fine. The major differences are seen when doing things like taking a lot of pictures or using your USB cable to do a lot of data transfers. Those are two areas where the class of your SD card really does make a big difference. As for the whole mounting/unmounting mystery though I was more curious as to the brand of your SD card. Many can argue for hours over my answer but I honestly think that SanDisk has to be about the best brand of SD card made and I say this because of two reasons. The first and foremost reason is that it's the brand used by most android manufacturers and they are actually the ones that manufacture the MUVE music cards as well. The second reason is because SanDisk has some very hefty guarantees on ALL their cards. And benchmark tests have shown time and time again that the speeds of their cards always EXCEED the class ratings given them. Obviously I'm very impressed with their record. And my final thought on an Engage V8000 continuously mounting and unmounting their SD card definitely sounds like a defect in the Engage itself and not in the SD card. Or lets just say I tend to think its FAR less likely to be the SD card.
    Last edited by geekster; 07-23-2013 at 08:56 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Nov 2010
    Phone
    ZTE Engage

Quote Originally Posted by geekster View Post
    For your letting us know what SD card you are using because that does tell us a lot!! And that particular SanDisk card does come in several different classes and based on the information that is indeed a class 4 SD card. And not that a class 4 in of itself is all that bad for some applications but it's a horrible class to use in an android or worse yet in a camera. And I threw the camera in there because as you know most androids do in fact have cameras in them and so the class of the SD card is very crucial just for that application alone. Having said that, one can ask, just how much difference does it really matter what the class of an SD card in an android is. And my bottom line answer is not very much. Your class 4 card still should have worked just fine. The major differences are seen when doing things like taking a lot of pictures or using your USB cable to do a lot of data transfers. Those are two areas where the class of your SD card really does make a big difference. As for the whole mounting/unmounting mystery though I was more curious as to the brand of your SD card. Many can argue for hours over my answer but I honestly think that SanDisk has to be about the best brand of SD card made and I say this because of two reasons. The first and foremost reason is that it's the brand used by most android manufacturers and they are actually the ones that manufacture the MUVE music cards as well. The second reason is because SanDisk has some very hefty guarantees on ALL their cards. And benchmark tests have shown time and time again that the speeds of their cards always EXCEED the class ratings given them. Obviously I'm very impressed with their record. And my final thought on an Engage V8000 continuously mounting and unmounting their SD card definitely sounds like a defect in the Engage itself and not in the SD card. Or lets just say I tend to think its FAR less likely to be the SD card.

I have been able to format the sd card, I added some music file and pic ( I think like 17 songs and 5 pics) It worked for about an hour and now its telling me there is a blank disk..I know its not..Its still driving me insane. I am going to have to take a trip into a Cricket Corp store. I hope I dont have to get a new phone..I hate starting over..

Overall activity: 25.0%

Customer Since

Quote Originally Posted by drob6368 View Post
    I had that exact same problem myself but I managed to get mine to connect to my pc long enough to install the provided usb drivers that are on the phone if you can get it to connect long enough go to my computer on your pc and it shows as a cd rom drive and you will find the usb drivers in there that where I found them at hope that helps
    Thanks so much for the tip. I was having the exact same problem!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information