Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    POS Cricket I-phon

Call me an idiot, I paid $660 for a cricket I-phone.

dcp_1246.jpg

No, Theres no outage in my area. The phone worked flawlessly for one day., one glorious day after plopping down $554.60, plus another $105.93 for the Apple care....Its the network and it sucks and I knew it but i took the bait and bought it...Its Saturday night and Im surfing the web and getting unable to load messages, all of this after 3 hours and 7 Indian cricket operators who keep repeating steps 1. turn your phone off and on. 2. turn on AP mode for 30 seconds then off and 3. Go into general network settings and reset them.

What a joke, its just I knew it and the jokes on me. At least talk and text still works, just like an old flashed phone!
    Last edited by Mike Machi; 06-30-2012 at 11:12 PM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Ascend, Rom CM7.2

Hence the name Icrap

Sent from my E4GT using tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Machi View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_1246.JPG 
Views:	775 
Size:	383.4 KB 
ID:	2875

No, Theres no outage in my area. The phone worked flawlessly for one day., one glorious day after plopping down $554.60, plus another $105.93 for the Apple care....Its the network and it sucks and I knew it but i took the bait and bought it...Its Saturday night and Im surfing the web and getting unable to load messages, all of this after 3 hours and 7 Indian cricket operators who keep repeating steps 1. turn your phone off and on. 2. turn on AP mode for 30 seconds then off and 3. Go into general network settings and reset them.

What a joke, its just I knew it and the jokes on me. At least talk and text still works, just like an old flashed phone!
    That's a pretty big bummer man. Sorry your getting crappy service where your at. Ive been considering getting the iPhone as well. Your definitely not an idiot for getting it though. Just shitty service there.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Dude, that's an iphone for you same sh*t on sprint, same sh*t on verizon. ITS IPHONE. I know I have them on all three services they all f*cking suck.
    Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 07-01-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Police your own language. The forum censors are off.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

You're an idiot.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

The problem is the iphone was never tested on Crickets network before launch.
    The engineers had to discover after launch what issues there are when they normally get a new handset a couple months ahead of launch.
    I was told this week that the network is seeing iphones as flashed phones so in order to allow them 2.5 gb as advertised they had to remove the throttle for all flashed phones until it's fixed. YMMV.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Phone
    POS Cricket I-phon

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    You're an idiot.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

The problem is the iphone was never tested on Crickets network before launch.
    The engineers had to discover after launch what issues there are when they normally get a new handset a couple months ahead of launch.
    I was told this week that the network is seeing iphones as flashed phones so in order to allow them 2.5 gb as advertised they had to remove the throttle for all flashed phones until it's fixed. YMMV.
    Sounds about right, seems like my phone or all I-phones at times have the throttle removed and their telling customers to reset the phones until they get the crap network issues straightened out. I will tell you this, I'm not waiting a few months. I'm going to start today with the local cricket office and every APPLE store in my area, then my blog and in the process, I will also write letters to every tech related writer. My launch starts today

---------- Post added at 08:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

I am having issues with my iPhone, where do I go for support?

Support

>
    Phones & Devices

>
    Phones

>
    Smartphones

>
    iPhone

Please visit
    Apple Support

to troubleshoot iPhone issues. You may also visit the
    Apple Support Online Forum

I am having issues with my iPhone, where do I go for support? | Cricket Wireless

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 AM ----------

Support

>
    Phones & Devices

>
    Phones

>
    Smartphones

>
    iPhone

Please visit
    Apple Support

to troubleshoot iPhone issues. You may also visit the
    Apple Support Online Forum

I am having issues with my iPhone, where do I go for support? | Cricket Wireless

Phone
    Samsung Indulge

Why don't you return it? Cricket has a 30 day return policy.

Phone
    POS Cricket I-phon

I asked them that question before I bought it, specifically because I read that posted on this site and thought I would be safe. They said they don't have a 30day return policy ON THE I-PHONE! only on the other phones they sell. If you can get me a refund, go for it.

Pm me with the contact information. Please do so.

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Ouch...sorry to hear that. Interesting post considering i was about to get my girl one. Oh well,looks like she'll be getting a flashed android...

Sent from my HTC Mecha using Tapatalk 2

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by RoWilJr View Post
    Ouch...sorry to hear that. Interesting post considering i was about to get my girl one. Oh well,looks like she'll be getting a flashed android...

Good idea. Im ashamed that was even a choice for you and your ol lady!!! Tisk Tisk Tisk

Overall activity: 100.0%
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S3

Lol'd... True. She's fond of apple products... Showed her what my Merc and Thunderbolt can do vs. I phones and I think she's swaying toward android ...

Phone
    POS Cricket I-phon

I hav other apple products and I'm pissed they entered into a contract with cricket, just to prostitute themselfs. What good is the device if it works 100% of the time via WiFi?

I mean, it was slow doing so at first but now it does not even update my e-mail.

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

I asked them that question before I bought it, specifically because I read that posted on this site and thought I would be safe. They said they don't have a 30day return policy ON THE I-PHONE! only on the other phones they sell. If you can get me a refund, go for it.

Pm me with the contact information. Please do so.
    ALL phones have the same return policy to my knowledge. They can't be selective with their return policy unless it's in writing. Did you buy it at a dealer or a corp store? Why don't you try escalating your issue in the place where you bought it? Threatening to post on your blog, on a user run forum is not going to have any impact on this. This isn't Cricket. You'd be better off throwing a fit on Facebook.
    I hav other apple products and I'm pissed they entered into a contract with cricket, just to prostitute themselfs. What good is the device if it works 100% of the time via WiFi?

I mean, it was slow doing so at first but now it does not even update my e-mail.
    Maybe you should call Steve and complain...oh wait. I'll repeat myself. Youre an idiot. You assumed (in this case incorrectly) that every Apple product is perfect no matter where you get it. Instead of getting your apple fanboy lather all up, maybe you should have done some RESEARCH first! Or maybe not buy it the first week its available.

They dont have an iphone specific policy on their site so the posted one applies.

Sorry if I don't sound sympathetic. It's because I am not. YOU made the purchase. it's on you to know what you are buying.

Good luck and be sure to post a link to your blog.

From mycricket.com
    Cricket allows returns of phones and broadband devices within 30 days of the ship date.
    Phones and broadband devices must be returned in 'like new' condition. Phones and broadband devices that are returned in damaged or water-damaged condition will not be accepted.
    Phones and broadband devices returned to Cricket will be inspected for damage.
    To return a phone and/or broadband device for a refund, follow the instructions below.

• Pack the phone and/or broadband device and included accessories (charger, battery, instructions, etc.) in its original box and shipping carton.
    • Packages must be received within 30 days of the ship date. Please be sure to ship your package within the appropriate timeframe.
    • Ship the package to:
      Brightpoint North America, L.P.
      Plainfield Returns Center
      2675 Reeves Rd, Suite 191
      Plainfield, IN 46168

Upon receipt, Cricket will inspect your package and determine your refund. Refunds may take up to 30 days from receipt.
    Accessories (i.e.) Bluetooth headsets, phone cases and memory cards may not be returned to Cricket for a refund. All accessory sales are final.
    Shipping charges and activation fees are non-refundable.

** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Overall activity: 46.0%
    Customer Since
    jan 2011
    Phone
    samsung Chrono

i do suggest taking to a corporate store. for a refund and getting the ascend 2! don't need to waste that service and you can see how an android operates in your service area.

Phone
    POS Cricket I-phon

Quote Originally Posted by indica View Post
    i do suggest taking to a corporate store. for a refund and getting the ascend 2! don't need to waste that service and you can see how an android operates in your service area.

Thanks, sounds like good advice.

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    ALL phones have the same return policy to my knowledge. They can't be selective with their return policy unless it's in writing. Did you buy it at a dealer or a corp store? Why don't you try escalating your issue in the place where you bought it? Threatening to post on your blog, on a user run forum is not going to have any impact on this. This isn't Cricket. You'd be better off throwing a fit on Facebook.
    Maybe you should call Steve and complain...oh wait. I'll repeat myself. Youre an idiot. You assumed (in this case incorrectly) that every Apple product is perfect no matter where you get it. Instead of getting your apple fanboy lather all up, maybe you should have done some RESEARCH first! Or maybe not buy it the first week its available.

They dont have an iphone specific policy on their site so the posted one applies.

Sorry if I don't sound sympathetic. It's because I am not. YOU made the purchase. it's on you to know what you are buying.

Good luck and be sure to post a link to your blog.

From mycricket.com

Bought at the cricket store in Pittsburgh. I also wanted to let others like me know about my experience and as I said a few times, I made the mistake.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information