Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

So, what's the scoop?

I know it will be available on the 22nd. Is there any pros/cons of Cricket's version? Will it say Cricket on it? Anyone have any idea about ANYTHING?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

Is phone factory unlocked (GSM part)??

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Niplicky View Post
    I know it will be available on the 22nd. Is there any pros/cons of Cricket's version? Will it say Cricket on it? Anyone have any idea about ANYTHING?
    Since this is a native Cricket device programming will be easy (duh). It also won't be a slave to Jailbreaking. Whether or not there is a Jailbreak method for your iOS version, you'll still be able to keep it running smoothly on Cricket. We won't know if there will be a carrier logo implemented on it yet, and I have yet to see any pictures of the back side of the device. That is usually where the logos reside. Any case could cover it up if it is something you find undesirable. According to a document I saw, there does not appear to be any Cricket apps on it at this point. They are possible for the future but to my knowledge, haven't been developed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by djisia402 View Post
    Is phone factory unlocked (GSM part)??
    There will be no SIM card slot, so despite the fact that it may have some GSM hardware inside of it, I doubt you'll be able to utilize it.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Customer Since
    Phone
    Moto X and Sammy 4
    Items for Sale

What about 4S?? 4S is gsm compatible device and it has sim card slot.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I have a Verizon 4S that I picked up yesterday. There is no SIM card slot despite the fact that it has global capabilities. This locks your options down to Verizon global plans only.

I doubt Cricket will begin to offer global plans.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 12.0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

From my contact at a corp str. The iphone will be stock apple product. NO CRICKET BLOATWARE WILL BE INSTALLED!!!! Those who have flashed iphone to cricket will be allowed to keep but they wont allow anymore flashed iphones. The soft cap on data will increase to 2.5Gig

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Leonard-Chip View Post
    From my contact at a corp str. The iphone will be stock apple product. NO CRICKET BLOATWARE WILL BE INSTALLED!!!! Those who have flashed iphone to cricket will be allowed to keep but they wont allow anymore flashed iphones. The soft cap on data will increase to 2.5Gig
    I concur on the no cricket apps. Have heard that too. Thank god. It remains to be seen whether or not the flashing thing is actually true.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

What's the hard cap?

Sent from my M886

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    I have a Verizon 4S that I picked up yesterday. There is no SIM card slot despite the fact that it has global capabilities. This locks your options down to Verizon global plans only.

I doubt Cricket will begin to offer global plans.
    My brother in laws does, on the side

Sent from my M886

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Doesn't crapatalk and multi quote? You can't put a SIM in this thing so you're not going to get any global talk/text/data unless someone can give me more insight.

You've been around here to know there's no hard cap. Unless you use so much (we don't know that figure) that Cricket says we don't want you as a customer anymore. Were you being sarcastic?

I wonder how they can prevent people from putting flashed iphone esn's on their plan? i.e. employees who can do it...

hmm, is it worth buying a cheap used bad ESN verizon iphone right now and getting it on my plan before the 22nd???

is there a full flash available for iphones yet? As soon as the iphone 4s dips around $300, I'll get one on my employee plan... Here's hoping someone will sell their used cricket iphone on craigslist soon for cheap. It only took me about a few weeks after the Mercury's release to buy one for $150.
    Last edited by hyogen; 06-18-2012 at 02:50 AM.

hyogen,
    Avoid getting a flashed iPhone, your service will get terminated and so will the dealer who activates it. They know what iPhones = theirs and what iPhones our CPE devices.

Why are people saying the 4S will not include a sim slot etc ? Seriously people they are not going to change a damn thing of the iphone to suit cricket.

The iPhone 4 will be exactly the same as Verizon and Sprint. Just your standard iPhone NO CARRIER BRANDING. The only thing that will say Cricket is the banner and that will be in the standard white text just like Verizon and Sprint. Cricket will not get any special treatment. You think that Verizon who is HUGE on having there logo branded on there device would be able to get it and if they didn't dont expect a smaller company to.

The iPhone 4S will be the exact same as well. It will have the SIM tray and be a global phone, again nothing is going to change. The iPhone's are not any different from one carrier to another. There will be no logo on the device any where that is not apple's standard at all. It will again be completely unbranded, and just like every other 4S iPhone you can unlock it for world use using one of a few methods.

chrisngrod,
    I would verify that you truly have a iPhone 4S. I have yet to see any carrier carrying a iPhone 4S without a sim slot. I'm holding two iPhone 4S's as I type this and both one from Verizon and one from Sprint have the SIM slot, as well as I was just at a Verizon store talking to one of the employees earlier today and all of the iPhone 4S's there had a SIM slot. A quick google search confirms that all iPhone 4S have a SIM slot and are globally capable. Something that is controlled by Apple and not the carrier.

dijisa,
    To answer you're question and about 95% sure the GSM side will be locked. Unlike Sprint who messed up the first time go around with the iPhone rumor has it these iPhones are a batch from Sprint, to help Sprint offload devices.
    Last edited by amoamare; 06-18-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Ah you're right. I guess it did have a case on it when I received it. Just went on my Verizon card and activated it online verse putting our SIM card in it.

I guess there is no requirement to have a SIM like the RAZR did. As far as ESN goes with flashed phones.... They're going to have to have a database and some kind of warning for dealers. Don't tell me that no one has come into a store and said, "Could you put this ESN on my account?". I'd imagine if they want to hold dealers accountable that they would give them some kind of access to these ESNs.

People will change the ESNs on these devices with donor phones. Someone will do it. I wonder if they'll really dive deeper than just ESNs to figure out there are CPE iPhones on their network. Not that I'd ever change an ESN on a device. Haven't yet.

They are diving deeper then esn's they will be looking for key things that will alert them if it is an iphone.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Probably items that can be spoofed like with an Android phone. Someone will do it. The rest of us will sit back and watch.

I wonder if Cricket will provide anything like this:

Verizon iPhone 4S SIM UNLOCK Tutorial

SGMD1

Oct 19, 2011 9:40 PM

Verizon has confirmed (
    here

and
    here

) they WILL unlock the SIM on the iPhone 4S, allowing for use of local SIM cards while traveling abroad (no word yet on whether this will allow for use on AT&T and T-Mobile.) This is different than the jailbreak unlocking method; SIM unlocking through Verizon is permanent and will not affect your warranty in any way.

1. Meet the following
    requirements

:

* Must be a Verizon Wireless customer.
    * The iPhone 4S being unlocked must be active on a Verizon Wireless line of service.
    * The line of service must be active at least 60 days.
    * The line of service must be in good standing for the past 60 days.
    * Only one SIM Unlock per line every 10 months.

If you don't meet one or more of the above requirements, call anyway. You may still get lucky.

2. Insert a foreign SIM into the SIM card slot on the side of your phone (only required to
    confirm that the unlock is successful

.)

3. Call 1-800-711-8300 (Verizon Global Support) and ask the representative for a SIM unlock. Occassionally a representative may not know exactly what you are referring to; make sure you are not transferred to a different department. You are in the right place. Explain that they should have a walkthrough on how to do this, and that it allows for the use of local, non-Verizon SIM cards while traveling abroad.

4. Get confirmation from the rep that the unlock has been applied to your account, then check your phone to make sure it recognizes your SIM and can connect (if successful it will roam on AT&T, assuming you are calling from the USA.) You will NOT see an
    unlock confirmation in iTunes

as that is for a factory-applied unlock only.

5. Enjoy your new unlocked iPhone 4S!

Our SIM from our RAZR MAXX it replaced returns an invalid SIM notice in the 4S. It might have been deactivated. I didn't try my current one (both on Verizon not Cricket). When mentioning the iPhone 5, the dealer did state that other SIM cards from an Android device for example won't be compatible for use with the iPhone.

EDIT: Even active VZW SIM card returns "SIM not valid".

By talking to the dealer it seemed like he was hinting that there was an embedded SIM (EVO 4G LTE uses one). I talked about not being able to use a foreign SIM in it, and he was confirming that. Obviously it does have a SIM card slot and can be unlocked for foreign carriers.

Last edited by Chris Rodriguez; 06-18-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information