Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Phone
    POS Cricket I-phon

Quote Originally Posted by cricKetPimp View Post
    Nothing has changed from the training. I declined to activate one couple of days ago. When you enter the iphone meid in the system it does not populate the $55 iphone plan.
    So whats stopping cricket corporate from deactivating all the flashed I-phones from the $55 plan?

I can seriously see them doing that.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 12.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Machi View Post
    So whats stopping cricket corporate from deactivating all the flashed I-phones from the $55 plan?

I can seriously see them doing that.
    as I said, they wont do that!! They've already instructed employee's and dealers that those who have a flashed IPhone will be fine but no more flashed IPhones can be activated. In this particular case Cricket is being dictated to by Apple as to what they can and cant do with this phone

Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    I think cricket was smart not to make a big deal with Iphone 4s. They did even have ads for the phone. When the Huawei Merc came out it was a big thing. The first good android phone ever to come out for Cricket. Now the Iphone came out and ask my sis and my bro if they heard about it. "What the Iphone is coming out for Cricket". Maybe they know or maybe not. If they do start refuse to put Flash Iphone on account or start pulling them out. I think a lot of people are going to be piss.
    It wasn't a 'smart' move by Cricket. Apple did not allow any advertising. There will be some Apple commercial for the iPhone that will be tagged with Cricket, but not advertising by Cricket was part of the deal.

Cricket is now Apple's bitch.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

I'm thinking this whole flashing thing is what got Cricket on Apple's radar. Anyone else thing that? Perhaps DFS actually paved the way to Cricket getting an iPhone.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I think Cricket is what got Cricket on Apple's radar. They have been working on this deal for over a year.
    If flashing and DFS were the catalyst then how did Virgin get the iPhone? I dont think flashing had much to do with it at all imo.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

You have more potential for insight in the matter than me. As a consumer, I had heart nothing about it.

I was thinking Virgin/Sprint caught wind of a deal and tried to push it out as close to Cricket's launch as possible.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Overall activity: 65.0%
    Phone
    PAE3D, ICS Merc

What got apples radar is the fact that the prepaid market is dominated by androids. There are (very few) windows phones in the prepaid market, but android sales in this market are alarmingly high. Apple has never liked being out-marketed.

Customer Since
    June 2010
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2

My question would be if anyone who has an Iphone has received a note from Cricket saying that they are cancelling the ESN?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by mattblack View Post
    My question would be if anyone who has an Iphone has received a note from Cricket saying that they are cancelling the ESN?
    Supposedly this is an IBTL thing.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

What's IBTL?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

It's actually a forum term so not completely appropriate. In before the lock.

Someone asked me to have a dealer check an ESN for an iPhone that wasn't in the system yet and there was no warning. Cricket should implement a system that throws up a flag at least if they're going to hold someone to a certain standard.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Just don't cancel the account OR allow the account to be canceled. Once the account has been canceled it cannot be reactivated. EVEN if it was active before....

We have been told NO iPhone can be activated now! Still the same threats....
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Have had no such message here.

Personally, not too sure how their going to know it's an iphone when it's not going to be in their system. I've activated two iPhones in the last few days. All a scare tactic.

It's life, live it!
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by pip2kk View Post
    Personally, not too sure how their going to know it's an iphone when it's not going to be in their system. I've activated two iPhones in the last few days. All a scare tactic.
    Please remember, the iPhone is also in constant contact with Apple servers. That is why it must be activated through Apple FIRST then Apple activates the phone. All Apple has to do is tell Cricket the MEID of the errant phone Cricket will be required to cancel it. Now that Cricket has a contact with Apple, I am sure there are back end security measures in place to determine if the phone is an iPhone or not.

There is no proof, but I bet it is there. If you are in fact activating them and Cricket gets hit with a fine, you can bet you dealership that your contract will be canceled and your access to CID will be revoked!

Good luck! Please remember, you posted this in a PUBLIC forum that Cricket corporate employees can view and thereby report to legal....
    *Only PM me when asked. Please post to the forum first as you and the many members here will benefit from the conversation!"

Been fixing, flashing, and activating Cricket phones since 2004.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information