Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by short6in View Post
    Please remember, the iPhone is also in constant contact with Apple servers. That is why it must be activated through Apple FIRST then Apple activates the phone. All Apple has to do is tell Cricket the MEID of the errant phone Cricket will be required to cancel it. Now that Cricket has a contact with Apple, I am sure there are back end security measures in place to determine if the phone is an iPhone or not.

There is no proof, but I bet it is there. If you are in fact activating them and Cricket gets hit with a fine, you can bet you dealership that your contract will be canceled and your access to CID will be revoked!

Good luck! Please remember, you posted this in a PUBLIC forum that Cricket corporate employees can view and thereby report to legal....
    LOL that's seriously a paranoid response. Wasn't this the same thing when AT&T got the iPhone? Taking it to T-Mobile was supposedly illegal etc. Sorry I have no time for that kind of crap. It's 100% legal and that's been held up in court. Private documents saying it's okay to murder someone still doesn't make it right. Posting on a forum will do nothing, I've not provided you one bit of information that would help you track me down. LOL I don't even post this from a store. You make it seem like I'm an iPhone bandit haha. At the end of the day unless you've signed something saying you wouldnt flash iPhone, I highly doubt cricKet would have much ground to terminate your contract.

Why do you think the iPhone responds with carrier information to apple's servers? Wouldn't that be a HUGE invasion of privacy. Also wouldn't there be a system for apple to deactivate stolen iPhone's instead of letting them be activated over and over again? I mean what happens if i hactivate it lol.

Edit: Honestly, if cricKet has to use a forum to determine who is flashing iPhones or not then they don't have the system in place you all think they do.
    Last edited by pip2kk; 06-27-2012 at 11:36 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

Quote Originally Posted by pip2kk View Post
    LOL that's seriously a paranoid response. Wasn't this the same thing when AT&T got the iPhone? Taking it to T-Mobile was supposedly illegal etc. Sorry I have no time for that kind of crap. It's 100% legal and that's been held up in court. Private documents saying it's okay to murder someone still doesn't make it right. Posting on a forum will do nothing, I've not provided you one bit of information that would help you track me down. LOL I don't even post this from a store. You make it seem like I'm an iPhone bandit haha. At the end of the day unless you've signed something saying you wouldnt flash iPhone, I highly doubt cricKet would have much ground to terminate your contract.

Why do you think the iPhone responds with carrier information to apple's servers? Wouldn't that be a HUGE invasion of privacy. Also wouldn't there be a system for apple to deactivate stolen iPhone's instead of letting them be activated over and over again? I mean what happens if i hactivate it lol.
    Ya I am going to agree with pip on this one.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

I hope I didn't come off being too blunt. It's my way :S

Phone
    HTC Evo 3D

I hope I didn't come off being too blunt. It's my way :S
    Oh I like you. Blunt is my middle name.

All one needs to do is look at the logic. Cricket doesnt prevent so many other transgressions. Would they really do so for one type of handset? And if they did why want there a maintenance update on the 22nd? If flashed iPhones were not going to work on the 23rd, something in the system would have had to change. Clearly it didn't.
    ** Don't PM if you need something. I will NOT respond**
    Start a thread and let the whole forum benefit form your questions and the answers we provide.

Supporting members get free ESN changes, along with more PMs, better signatures/avatars, and more!

I noticed a few new changes but nothing major. Nothing related to activating flashed iPhones. I'm not condoning trying to place a flashed iPhone on the iPhone plan, I've not tried nor will I, it may not even work. Kind of like our market has issues placing flashed BB on the correct plan. I think that's a feature not a bug.

Phone
    EVO 3D

LOL
    I think that's a feature not a bug.
    LOL

When I purchased the iPhone I was told the iPhone 4S would international but the iPhone 4 would not. The phone works well. Im on a $55 plan still but tis not the android plan. I do get roaming on the phone still like my android. Im not sure if it was worth the move to the iDevice or not.

im in fresno CA and currently have an epic touch 4g that is flashed. Im currently thinking about changing over to a cricket branded iphone 4s so that all the issues with my flash can be gone and hopefully be more reliable when it comes to uploading pics to facebook or just trying to get directions and stuff.

Anyone in my area know how this phones working in our market?

Not sure if it helps but I have a flashed iPhone 4 and it works perfectly. Not had a single issue and Yes I live in Fresno, Ca by Fresno State

thanks for the response vette, i was hoping the issues i have at the moment with mms and other various quirks with my epic 4g touch would go away by buying a iphone 4s branded from them.

The mms will still sometimes be slow to send but nothing like the not sending I had with my Android. Also Group texting sometimes you will get texts from others out of ordered, that's kinda annoying, other than that I am pretty happy with it.

The not sending sometimes is what I get on my Android. I hate it. And if I happen to be on wifi forget about any multimedia coming in or going out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by accordman View Post
    The not sending sometimes is what I get on my Android. I hate it. And if I happen to be on wifi forget about any multimedia coming in or going out

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    so this is why i most of the time don't get picture messages...........when i get off wifi, am i supposed to get them then??? sometimes picture messages hang and hang.......and never get sent I'm on a Mercury.

Phone
    Admire 2 64GB

Picture messages will not send or receive on wifi. This has never worked before and probably never will.

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wthigon; 07-08-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information