Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

Awesome, I'm gonna try that today then!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    You want to access it from the ##data# menu and NOT the MMS settings inside the app bud.
    I tried from messages >> settings >> mms >> connection settings

Ive tried changing xml...qpst, cdma workshop, dfs, apn's

Htc kingdom us cellular

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

You want to access it from the ##data# menu and NOT the MMS settings inside the app bud.

Ive tried changing xml...qpst, cdma workshop, dfs, apn's, ##data#, ##778#

Htc kingdom us cellular

Okay I'm still having trouble with this -.-' i enter ##DATA# click edit, go to advanced and I got an extremely different page. This is what it said.
    MEID(HEX)
    P_REV
    SCM
    Slot Mode
    Slot Cycle Index
    MMC (Mobile Coutry Code)
    MNC (Mobile Network Code
    MSID
    ACCOLC(Access Overload Class)
    Vocoder
    EVRC-B
    Home Orig
    Roam Orig
    LBS PDE IP
    LBS PDE PORT
    Home Sys Registration
    Foreign SID Registration
    Foreign NID Registration
    DDTM
    Home SID/nid #1
    MMS Server URL
    RTSP Proxy Address
    HTTP PD PRoxy Port
    HTTP PD Proxy Address

what steps must i follow to receive mms and internet service?

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by dedwardk View Post

Ive tried changing xml...qpst, cdma workshop, dfs, apn's

Htc kingdom us cellular

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

Ive tried changing xml...qpst, cdma workshop, dfs, apn's, ##data#, ##778#

Htc kingdom us cellular
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitezerox25 View Post
    Okay I'm still having trouble with this -.-' i enter ##DATA# click edit, go to advanced and I got an extremely different page. This is what it said.
    MEID(HEX)
    P_REV
    SCM
    Slot Mode
    Slot Cycle Index
    MMC (Mobile Coutry Code)
    MNC (Mobile Network Code
    MSID
    ACCOLC(Access Overload Class)
    Vocoder
    EVRC-B
    Home Orig
    Roam Orig
    LBS PDE IP
    LBS PDE PORT
    Home Sys Registration
    Foreign SID Registration
    Foreign NID Registration
    DDTM
    Home SID/nid #1
    MMS Server URL
    RTSP Proxy Address
    HTTP PD PRoxy Port
    HTTP PD Proxy Address

what steps must i follow to receive mms and internet service?
    The video shows it all. You guys are obviously not watching it.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Mine is most likely due to having us cellular rom and this being 3g version varies slightly... hard to get past the checksum error when trying to flash roms..had same issue with a samsung i500 from us cellular..ended up putting a verizon rom and settings were changeable ..

I watched the vid.. added a new tool to my list dfs.. find it odd the discrepancy of some readings when comparing the popular four

---------- Post added 06-30-2012 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-29-2012 at 11:58 PM ----------

Mine is most likely due to having us cellular rom and this being 3g version varies slightly... hard to get past the checksum error when trying to flash roms..had same issue with a samsung i500 from us cellular..ended up putting a verizon rom and settings were changeable ..

I watched the vid.. added a new tool to my list dfs.. find it odd the discrepancy of some readings when comparing the popular four

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

^ That is true in your case. Do you have a ##data# menu? If so, what does the menu look like. Forgive me it is late, and I'm trying to do a few things. I hope you didn't already post it.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Yes but i didnt have all the options but they ones missing didnt have areas for my num or mms stuff... as of now all works except receiving mms...i was so happy to have revskills for us cellular too(htc's) ... I had allot more options in ##778# .. htc are nice phones starting to like them ... on device menu for prl update ..rooting was a breeze...not quite up to date on the s-off on thing.. few more thousand pages and ill figure her out

I am watching it..but it's kinda hard to follow the steps when I'm getting a different looking edit page than what's on the vid :S

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

How? Yours is Sprint as well...

Yea it's got the little sprint sign on the top right corner. maybe there are different models?

Overall activity: 1.0%

Customer Since
    Dec, 2009
    Phone
    Huawei M886

OK, there is something weird about mine .. I haven switch the esn on my acct, but I can go to the web on the evo D:, is that normal? o.O ... I dial a number just to see what happens and get the "Call origination attempt fails due to an immediate signal loss (signal fade or no service available)".. well I know i does that because the phone is no on my acct (yet), but why Im able to use web?

Another thing, under About Phone > Phone Identity > CUrrent Username.. is there a way to change that? It still shows the previous owner of the phone (xxx@sprintpcs.com).. I wen to ##data# and chage it to mynumber@mycricket.com even tried my gmail but it keeps goind back to sprint.

I used 42600 PRL but I live in Milwaukee WI, hope dont have troubles with it

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Profecias de Bolgrot View Post
    OK, there is something weird about mine .. I haven switch the esn on my acct, but I can go to the web on the evo D:, is that normal? o.O ... I dial a number just to see what happens and get the "Call origination attempt fails due to an immediate signal loss (signal fade or no service available)".. well I know i does that because the phone is no on my acct (yet), but why Im able to use web?

Another thing, under About Phone > Phone Identity > CUrrent Username.. is there a way to change that? It still shows the previous owner of the phone (xxx@sprintpcs.com).. I wen to ##data# and chage it to mynumber@mycricket.com even tried my gmail but it keeps goind back to sprint.

I used 42600 PRL but I live in Milwaukee WI, hope dont have troubles with it
    In the ##data it showed the previous data profile for me as well. I didn't bother with it because the Internet was working. That's the key factor there. You don't need to do an ESN change to get data. That's a little know oddity. Anyways the signal loss is something to worry about. Make sure in the data menu you don't have something like DDTM enabled.

Customer Since
    Dec, 2009
    Phone
    Huawei M886

In the ##data it showed the previous data profile for me as well. I didn't bother with it because the Internet was working. That's the key factor there. You don't need to do an ESN change to get data. That's a little know oddity. Anyways the signal loss is something to worry about. Make sure in the data menu you don't have something like DDTM enabled.
    DDTM under EVDO? i just check and it says its disable, preferred mode I have in auto.. should I switch to any other? (hdr only/digital only/cdma only/cdma hdr only).. anyways we don't open our location today but I have one close to me.. they open in 30 mins.. I'm just waiting till they open to do the esn change..

also the phone meid starts with an A, I did the converting thing and gave one that starts with 27 (check it in Data >Advanced [MEDI (DEC) and its the 27 one.. no prob if its not 26, is it?]

last thing.. my mms screen is also different from the one on pic.. only option I have is mms server url (which I already change) dunno if that's going to be a problem.. its my first flash, hopefully everything goes right I watched the video several times last night and this morning just to make sure I did it right, lol

my phone is not rooted, does it has to be? Sprint HTC EVO 4G running 2.3.3

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

In the ##data# menu check to see if DDTM is enabled (if so disable). Also check your voice settings and make sure they are EVRC and not 13k or whatever.

MMS: I'm sorry guys, I don't know why the MMSC Settings doesn't appear in your menu. The person I purchased this device from was one of the first to receive it. I'm going to attach anycut to this post and check if you can add a shortcut (activity) to MMSC settings...

Attachment 2876

EDIT:
    Profecias de Bolgrot had an Evo and not an Evo 4G LTE.... <--- IMPORTANT

Customer Since
    Dec, 2009
    Phone
    Huawei M886

the MMS think Im pretty sure is because the other guy has the regular 4g, and not the lte (just like me) .. but Everything is working now.. just a little weird thing with texting.. every time I sent a txt and get reply for some reason the replay shows an hour before o.O Example, I sent a text to X at 3:00 pm, and x replies at 2:05 pm (5 mins after) I tried changing the setting in the phone clock but still the same thing.. its annoying because messes up the whole conversation.. I download handset sms for now, till I figure out whats going on...

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information