Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.E View Post
    You have to setup your phone correctly for OTASP to work, if you manually enter your MDN and MIN it esentially does the same thing minus the PRL update.

I'll try to enter it manually, will post if it worked or not. Also, I used the PRL for Tucson since that's my location.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Customer Since
    1month

Hey im trying to flash my htc evo 4g lte and when i connect it ....it goes under portable device not under com port is there any way to fix this please help

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

Quote Originally Posted by jhondoe View Post
    Hey im trying to flash my htc evo 4g lte and when i connect it ....it goes under portable device not under com port is there any way to fix this please help
    Read the tutorial, you have to enable diagnostic port

Customer Since
    1month

where do u enable diagnostic port

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

You know the part in the tutorial where it talks about connecting your phone to the pc

Connecting the Device to your PC

• Plug in the device.
    • Go to the dialer (like you're going to make a phone call) and dial ##3424#. The phone should go into "DM Command Service".
    • HTC Diag will probably appear in your device manager (right click My Computer > properties > device manager).
    • If it has an exclamation mark (yellow), right click and go to properties or update driver. Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer > Show all devices > Have disk > Browse to the location of your files > Choose the appropriate 32 or 64 bit driver > Click next > Choose to continue if it throws up a warning.
    • Now in device manager you should see HTC Modem or something similar. The entry might be under modem, or you'll see some HTC Diagnostic Port under ports. Go into the properties if the port number is not displayed. It's helpful to know this port number.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/sprint-h...#ixzz292F4r64V

Customer Since
    1month

i keep getting hdr an auth passwd long cps error when putting in the data part of the flash is there any way you guys can help me please

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Time View Post
    I'll try to enter it manually, will post if it worked or not. Also, I used the PRL for Tucson since that's my location.

I manually entered my MDN and MIN and still no go. I got the MIN from Cricket Customer Service. Should I reset to factory settings and re-attempt to run the whole process?

I'm still having a problem with streaming videboth from you tube AND the internet my settings are at 0.0.0.0 and 0

Wap.mycricket.com port 8080 fixed it

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Time View Post
    I manually entered my MDN and MIN and still no go. I got the MIN from Cricket Customer Service. Should I reset to factory settings and re-attempt to run the whole process?
    You're manually programming the device. Don't worry about the *228 if you've already loaded a new PRL and entered all the other information. The only reason I ever use *228 is to grab an updated PRL. I manually program EVERYTHING to take the guess work out of it. I know if it doesn't work that it's something I've done and not due to OTA programming.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    You're manually programming the device. Don't worry about the *228 if you've already loaded a new PRL and entered all the other information. The only reason I ever use *228 is to grab an updated PRL. I manually program EVERYTHING to take the guess work out of it. I know if it doesn't work that it's something I've done and not due to OTA programming.

Awesomes!! I took the phone to the Cricket store to get the phone activated on their end AFTER I followed all the steps and guess what guys? Phone and text works fine! (Thank you!!!). Only issue I am running across is there's no internet on the phone. Sorry for being a pain in the ass, but at least thanks to all of you I'm getting somewhere.

PS. I'll become a supporter if we can get this finished, taken it is something on your support boundary.

Alright, got it squared out...

For those who might be unfamiliar to this processes like me, here's what I ended up doing:

I flashed the phone with the instructions on page 1 of this thread. Then I took the phone to my cricket store and had them activate the phone (You have to tell them the phone is fully flashed, otherwise you'll get told a bunch of bs). After the phone is activated, they will try to activate it using *228. That's fine, you'll end up with text and talk, but no data. After the phone had text and talk, I re-programmed the phone with the same steps (as if I was flashing it again) and now I get data and picture messaging.

Only problem I am running across now is very slow 3g speeds (+1,000 ms ping, 80kbps download, 20kbps upload). I'll mess around a bit more with the phone to see if I can figure out why this is happening. Cheers

~Aaron

Customer Since
    Jan 2009

Aaron I'm having data issue similar to you on a flash I did couple days ago. I think its related to triband coverage. Are u in a triband area on crickets coverage map?

Banned
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Quote Originally Posted by chrisdel View Post
    Wap.mycricket.com port 8080 fixed it
    where did you change that at. I'm wondering if that is why my YouTube isn't working.

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

that is not why your youtube is not working, your multimedia proxy and port are incorrect

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information