Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

uscs3 flash

maybe im stupid or something but i just dont get it? ive been trying to flash my uscs3 over to cricket but im lost. ive read this whole thread and downloaded the programs and also read the tuts but dont get it. are these programs free or do you have to pay and if theyre free how do i get them started. ive flashed phones before but this phone is a whole other monster. could anyone help getting me started. same goes for my wifes iphone.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 6.0%
    Customer Since
    feb 2013
    Phone
    verizon s3 flashed

ok so i have an issue with flashing my vzw s3 over to cricket....maybe im missing some simple step somewhere....but ive tried a couple times. here are my questions:
    1. does my phone need to be rooted?
    2. do i need to somehow disable my old cricket phone?
    3. do i need to have a sim in the phone before i do this?

basically right now i am receiving texts and calls but cannot send them and do not have access to internet...something is missing...thanks in advance guys

Overall activity: 2.0%

Quick question, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I'm wondering if there is any way to flash and activate the Sprint SGS3 on a new line without having a Cricket phone/plan before hand? I went around with customer service earlier tonight trying to get them to sell me a plan without a phone so I'd have an MIN and MDN to use in the flashing process. No luck there. Am I going about this wrong or is what I'm trying to do even possible? Thanks, Tony

Customer Since
    Oct. 2012

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

These stores are usually going to tell you no basically because they are loosing money by you not flashing with them, and chances are they can not even create a new accout with out activating it on an ESN...

I know I was able to go in to and the guy offered to create an account, then provide me with the min and mdn number. I told myself he was just being nice, but I dont think he believed I could do it.

My best advice would be to find a crappy cricket phone online or in garbage. Have them activate an android plan on this device, then get your flashing info

Sorry for typos, I am speaking while driving

Customer Since
    feb 2013
    Phone
    verizon s3 flashed

any advice for me?

Overall activity: 2.0%

Thanks for the reply! I think Radioshack is running a sale on the Cricket Huawei Pillar for $20 I may just pick one of those up and go from there. I'm setting this one up for a family member and would like to try to get it on a basic plan which would fit her budget better. I explained to her that if I could do this, the only thing that would work would be talk and text unless she's on wifi. She seemed fine with that, so we'll see what happens. Thanks again, Tony
    Last edited by tonyz2897; 02-27-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Customer Since
    Oct. 2012

Quote Originally Posted by hakesak View Post
    ok so i have an issue with flashing my vzw s3 over to cricket....maybe im missing some simple step somewhere....but ive tried a couple times. here are my questions:
    1. does my phone need to be rooted?
    2. do i need to somehow disable my old cricket phone?
    3. do i need to have a sim in the phone before i do this?

basically right now i am receiving texts and calls but cannot send them and do not have access to internet...something is missing...thanks in advance guys
    I would go back and watch the video on page 1 again... there are very specific instuctions given

Also, im pretty sure verizon phones do not have sim cards

From what I hear, after you successfully program your phone (including pushing new nv items) you should call cricket for an esn swap....

It sounds like you may have done most of this already, I would go back and check all settings in dfs, and make sure you have a good prl.

As for needing to root.... the only reason you would need to is if you can not get hidden menu enabled after following video. A custom rom or mod would help you get there

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Customer Since
    feb 2013
    Phone
    verizon s3 flashed

ok. well one correction...verizon s3's do have sim card slots...ive been running my phone off a tmobile sim for the last 2 months. the rest is good information. it sounds like i need to root and maybe call cricket. i appreciate the reply bigsc

Customer Since
    feb 2013
    Phone
    verizon s3 flashed

ok so i rechecked everything and called cricket....they said that the meid is showing up as invalid...they need a 14 or 18 digit meid and mine is 15......what now?

Customer Since
    Oct. 2012

I am by no means an expert, I am only reponding because no one else will, and I know how frustrating it is to be left hanging...

I seem to remember something about converting your meid into a digital esn that can be used by cricket....

I will have to look into this, and get back to you

Customer Since
    feb 2013
    Phone
    verizon s3 flashed

Customer Since
    feb 2013
    Phone
    verizon s3 flashed

ok so i converted the imei number to meid dec, went to cricket, argued with them, paid $15 to swap my meid over, and voila - a verizon s3 flashed to cricket...the only thing im missing here is mms...internet, talk, and text all work.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

by the way it wont let me post the link until a moderator allows it, but i did find the converter in this forum for anyone interested....the link is listed on the left hand side of the screen under "other links"...then click MEID Converter

Customer Since
    Oct. 2012

Im happy for you, and glad I was at least a little bit of help..

The mms solution is quite elusive in this forum...

cricket should have installed an mms app to your phone, if not then mraab's solution works great for me..

If you can not get a hold of him, ive heard that loading your apn into go sms might work

hopefully you find a solution that works, but here is some help.. mraabhimself's solution simply firces the phone to go through cricket's network with the provided apn, so its possible that all you need is to fix nv items

Customer Since
    feb 2013
    Phone
    verizon s3 flashed

I will be sure to look into that. cricket didnt do anything to my phone. the lady didnt want to mess my phone up lol. all they did was make the meid swap on the computer. thanks again for your help bigsc!

Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0%

i have flashed the metro pcs s3. I used the verizon method.. dfs works but hangs for me when trying to write prl. QPST 2.7 Build 274 works great.. reads and writes to phone.. i also used one of them cdma flasher type programs with purchased credits, there is no support on them with metro pcs s3..so I put it under verizon s3.. that also works..well I currently have used all of those programs and no 3G.. talk,text seem fine.. still waiting on someone with a picture mms to see if that works thru android messaging app. Also i just rolled over service esn change thru this site(thank you), so that also could be a factor on my 3G not working on new phone and old phone still has 3G. will update if anything improves.
    P.S. i keep getting no sim notification.. i do not have a metro sim card in it..wonder if i need one...
    Last edited by SICKLIFE; 03-01-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information