Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Supporting Member
    Overall activity: 0%

Quote Originally Posted by ericzahel View Post
    but is there any tutorial out there ON HOW TO flash the metro pcs version on the gs3 to cricket i tryed the regular sprint n verizon method but for some reason the ##data# command does not work and all i managed to get working was out going calls only no incoming txt msg in and out and i got only 1x data to work but has some sort of proxy issue on the web browser can any one point me in the right direction please
    I myself looked everywhere for a Metro PCS gs3 version tutorial, but ended up using the verizon tutorial, the ##DATA# will not work on that phone, i used *#22745927 to enable the hidden menu, then *#7284# to choose the Qualcomm USB setting. It worked for me, except I could not get data as I didn't have the 4glte sim card and do not know if it required it. well hope this helps.. P.S. DFS CDMA TOOL worked for me as well as the latest QPST.

2. Remove this advertisement.

i am attempting to flash a vzw gs3 to cricket. i followed the guide and everything goes smoothly. no errors or anything. when i reboot the phone though all the info is the same as before i wrote the cricket stuff to it. any ideas??

Customer Since
    Oct. 2012

Quote Originally Posted by zyrtek69 View Post
    i am attempting to flash a vzw gs3 to cricket. i followed the guide and everything goes smoothly. no errors or anything. when i reboot the phone though all the info is the same as before i wrote the cricket stuff to it. any ideas??
    With verizon, you have to write the nv items, unlike with sprint phones where you have a choice...

Also it is possible that your firmware needs to be downgraded before applying changes to the modem

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by bigsc View Post
    With verizon, you have to write the nv items, unlike with sprint phones where you have a choice...

Also it is possible that your firmware needs to be downgraded before applying changes to the modem

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

thanks for the quick reply. how do i write them in dfs? i see the nv tab but dunno which to select to load and write nv items.

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by zyrtek69 View Post
    thanks for the quick reply. how do i write them in dfs? i see the nv tab but dunno which to select to load and write nv items.
    That sound go to me. Downgrade ur phone. For example, from 4.1.2 (jelly bean) to 4.0.4 (ics). Am pretty such no one here much to manually mess the nv item bricking ur device. Downgrading sound safe and easy.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

well i flashed nv items without downgrading and it didnt save the cricket info still but it also didnt brick it. are you sure i will need to downgrade it? i will if i have to but ive already spent so much time on this phone its making me angry.

Overall activity: 1.0%

HA and AAA shared secret

Any idea what the correct HA and AAA Shared secred passwords are for cricket. (Flashing from Sprint to Cricket). The given passwords in the video (cricket) dont seem to be taking.

Hello everyone! I need a little help.

I got my verizon s3 flashed at a local phone store and everything seems to be working. (mms is iffy, but it works through another messaging app)

I want to switch prls because my signal is not as good as it used to be. I have CDMA workshop and QPST, but I'm afraid that if I try doing this alone that I might lose my flash (that I paid good money for). Any ideas?

Overall activity: 28.0%

I have a quick question my verizon galaxy s3 have been flashed for about a week and my mms has not been working with the app that was given, could it be because of the prl

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by mrwright84; 03-23-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Super unlikely.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by chrisngrod View Post
    Super unlikely.
    What can I do to get it working, I'm stock rooted for the time being

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Do anybody have a solution to get mms to work, I have cricket mms app and it still doesn't work

Sent From My Flawless S3

Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by mrwright84 View Post
    Do anybody have a solution to get mms to work, I have cricket mms app and it still doesn't work

Sent From My Flawless S3
    Hey did u read s3 thread. There lot of solutions out there read one. Try it, dont work, try other ones.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

i cant write the prl, when i try the process destroyed someone can help me?
    i have sgs3 verizon

Customer Since
    Jan 2013

Hello everyone,
    I went through with the first set of guides to flash my sprint sgs3 over to cricket. Also went through this whole entire thread like 5 times just to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    I thought everything worked fine until I took to the local store to activate it. The rep said the phone is not completely flashed over.???? He said that the network still says sprint and *228 is not working so he's unable to activate it for me. Told me to go back and do a reflash. I took it back home and undo and redo everything, took it back to the store, same thing. What am I doing wrong? The prl that I used was 45729. I got another cricket phone that says the prl is 35249 but I can't find a link to it anywhere. Does anyone have this and could you please post for me or is there another one that I can use for my region, it's Vancouver, WA 98663 area? Much appreciate it. I really want to try and do this myself since I don't have $75 for someone else to do it for me.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information