Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by kimn View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I went through with the first set of guides to flash my sprint sgs3 over to cricket. Also went through this whole entire thread like 5 times just to make sure I didn't miss anything.
    I thought everything worked fine until I took to the local store to activate it. The rep said the phone is not completely flashed over.???? He said that the network still says sprint and *228 is not working so he's unable to activate it for me. Told me to go back and do a reflash. I took it back home and undo and redo everything, took it back to the store, same thing. What am I doing wrong? The prl that I used was 45729. I got another cricket phone that says the prl is 35249 but I can't find a link to it anywhere. Does anyone have this and could you please post for me or is there another one that I can use for my region, it's Vancouver, WA 98663 area? Much appreciate it. I really want to try and do this myself since I don't have $75 for someone else to do it for me.
    Go back to store ur not ask about if the phone still sprint. That just banner and u ask just activate the phone. Give then meid and just tell them that if doesnt work that ur problem. The other I got to ask is do u have a line and u just to swap on ur account. U can do that over phone or here. They give no problems. It called esn swaps. Back to store problem. Some dealer pay there employee commission when they make a sale on flash phones. I sometime go with friend or customer to move there lines. I just say here take money and u add phone to account or open one. Good luck.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Jan 2013

I already have a line with cricket on an iphone, I wanted to add another line. I tried doing the esn swap online, was not able to do it. Gave me a message something about I need to take it to local store. The rep at the store is my friend, so he will activate it for me but he said that it won't let him activate, it's not on the cricket network. I know about the banner thing, I don't care what it says, as long as the phone work. BTW, thanks for the quick response.

Customer Since
    Jan 2013

I have no choice but to pay someone to help me flash my sgs3 sprint over to cricket. Anyone????? please help. Thank you.

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by kimn View Post
    I have no choice but to pay someone to help me flash my sgs3 sprint over to cricket. Anyone????? please help. Thank you.
    You already have it flashed but if u dont have a account open or any info ur just wasting ur time. U need ur 9 digit # if ur going flash it to ur phone from ur account or when u open one. With out it 3g wont work. To make calls or txr u need ur mdn (which is phone #) and min (secondary #). Now for what the cricket store employee tokd is not true. When open a account, u dont have # in phone program it. The other thing is that it does not matter if the banner on notification screen say "SPRINT" or "CRICKET". The will be flash and work. Just let them know u want to open a account no matter what the screen says.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails uploadfromtaptalk1365392743043.jpg  

Customer Since
    Jan 2013

Yes avillal87, I tried what you have suggested. It didn't matter what the banner said, the agent said that it is a failed flashed. He is unable to activate the phone over to cricket network with a new account or an old account. We've tried it with my new and old min and mdn # with no success. Either the guy doesn't know what he's doing or I did something wrong. I went through the process so many times, I memorized how to do it.
    I took the phone home last night and tried to redo it again, this time *228 said "SPC failed, too many attempts" or something like that. I am done messing around with it. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestion as to where I can go to get this fix for a little less than what the stores are charging?
    BTW - Thank you so much for replying and helping me out.

Customer Since
    Oct 2008
    Phone

Well, in my very noob experience... search for a prl sticky its in here somewhere and save that to file. I assume u have cdma ws or something you used to flash the phone with. Then make sure under ##data# that you have all the right stuff in. If you do then don't need to do *228 the phone is programmed. This is a great site...do a search to find what all you need. Trust it has helped me immensely! Flashed non-activated Sprint galaxy s3 over to cricket and working on all the other bells and whistles now. :P

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

oh... and I activated my phone over the telephone, gavve them my new MEID # and told them that I would go into the store the next day for them to manually program it. I knew I wasn't but I also know that dialing *228 takes it back to the original carrier and you have to re enter in all that stuff. So I would check whats under data first. Good luck.Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Overall activity: 1.0%

I have a Galaxy S3 US Cellular variant and have it flashed to cricket and put the CM-10.1 Rom and have it rooted. I could not get the MMS to work on it with changing the APN's, flashing fixes through recovery and changing permissions ect... For days could not get it to work, until i stumbled upon your input on the thread. You helped me with my revolution witch i was stuck on and now my S3. Much respect "SINEWAVES" you have helped me so much and and give back so much to this forum and help so many ppl. Thanx again SINEWAVES!

verizon 16 digit pw

samsaung galaxy Verizon i535 16 digit password 2009031920090615

Overall activity: 2.0%

i flashed a sprint s3 to pageplus with talk/text/mms/3g everything working stock and perfectly. shout out to Steven Edds for helping me

i used cdmaws 2.7 and dfs cdma. both are free

to get the stock mms app working you have to:
    root you phone
    download apn backup and restore
    make that a system app by downloading app mover
    then backup and delete you apns
    and restore the pageplus.xml

this will give you everything working perfectly. pm me for help or files.

Quote Originally Posted by salmaan View Post
    i used cdmaws 2.7 and dfs cdma. both are free
    CDMAWS 2.7 is free? Like in legally free? Are you sure?

Phone
    3VO

Quote Originally Posted by S3toPP View Post
    CDMAWS 2.7 is free? Like in legally free? Are you sure?
    Dfs is free but paid unlock features and CDMA ws is cracked yo work.

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Dfs is free but paid unlock features and CDMA ws is cracked yo work.

Hmm. I'm hearing DFS by itself can not get the job done. CDMA WS supposedly can do it all but only the paid version. I wonder if a combination of the two free versions can provide a complete and successful flash.

Phone
    3VO

Hmm. I'm hearing DFS by itself can not get the job done. CDMA WS supposedly can do it all but only the paid version. I wonder if a combination of the two free versions can provide a complete and successful flash.
    Dfs is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by avillal87 View Post
    Dfs is fine.

I wish it were but I am not so sure. I haven't found a complete tutorial for using DSF to flash a VZ S3 to PP. I would think there would be one out there by now.

Phone
    3VO

I wish it were but I am not so sure. I haven't found a complete tutorial for using DSF to flash a VZ S3 to PP. I would think there would be one out there by now.
    U can use a guide from note 2 or epic touch.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information