Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    IDGAF

Quote Originally Posted by 400hp-srt4 View Post
    The only solution they have is th mr raab guy which he must love the jackass guy since he named himself after him. Anyway there is a free one just like his I would rather just have the native one work.
    I already have mraab's solution and it doesnt work. Neither does any other 3rd party messaging app. The biggest issue is sending pics. I can receive them just fine. I have heard about people getting the native mms working, but god knows when that will be posted with the way people are here...

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Banned
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Sounds like we are stitched cause I have trouble receiving. Not sure if the app I have would help you

Overall activity: 0%

well its a helpful site. and im dont know this chris. but he must be a awesome person to keep it running.. since nobody gives out all this info because like u said people make money off flashing business thats why they dont want to share there secrets.,.

and its understandable if they spent there time why u want to use shortcut. if u are so pissed off go buy a flashing software they will do it for you everything and they will be more helpful and responding your every question.

and btw us cellular s3 i tried flashing 2 different ones and couldnt get it done. becasue phone settings keep going back to stock ones. and i tried sending both spc and samsung password first before doing programming but that was for no avail.

Gold Member
    Overall activity: 99.2%

mraabs app working like a charm here. Doesnt need APN's or Telephony.db. Did'nt feel like doing the same thing over and over with no results ...so bought the app.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein.

IDGAF

Full Flash Verizon / Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS, Internet

Quote Originally Posted by saloogee84 View Post
    well its a helpful site. and im dont know this chris. but he must be a awesome person to keep it running.. since nobody gives out all this info because like u said people make money off flashing business thats why they dont want to share there secrets.,.

and its understandable if they spent there time why u want to use shortcut. if u are so pissed off go buy a flashing software they will do it for you everything and they will be more helpful and responding your every question.

and btw us cellular s3 i tried flashing 2 different ones and couldnt get it done. becasue phone settings keep going back to stock ones. and i tried sending both spc and samsung password first before doing programming but that was for no avail.
    Well it hasn't been a helpful site for me. I've never gotten help here, not once. I came here a long time ago with a great attitude, but every question I've asked here has never been answered. Of course people make their money flashing, but solutions for things are posted ALL the time on here and on different websites. Like I said in my post above, giving away solutions (especially a small MMS solution) doesn't mean you won't make any less money than you're already making. If this was the case, you'd see 10 posts on this thread with someone stating that they have a solution, but will let it go for $5 or something. All I see is silence. This means people are stingy and don't want to give up their solution. I have come up with many different solutions to different issues on other phone models and have posted my discoveries for all to see. Why did I do that? I'm not stingy and it doesn't hurt me one bit to share my findings.

Sent from my seksi SGS3 using Tapatalk 2
    >>on ParanoidAndroid 2.5x 4.1.2 JB

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by IDGAF View Post
    You pay $300 for a site that barely helps its members? That must suck. I would be pissed if I was paying that much for a useless site. Oh and you've banned me like 5 times already. Just keep coming back hoping for an MMS solution, but let down every day because you all all stingy. And btw, I make my money flashing too. Keeping an MMS solution from people isn't going to stop you from making money.
    My count actually shows one blocking (haoleflip719)
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Phone
    epic 4g touch

Ok... On another note. I have a us cellular gs3. I was able to get my settings to stick but
    my data only says connecting and than disconnects. To get the settings to stick write the NV items like the vgs3.
    And on data dont check the evdo antenna rx control box, it would go in and out of service. Took me a while to figure that out.
    I have seen that people have successfully fully flashed the uscgs3. Any help would be great thanks. I sent a request to put ot ony account
    But havnt had it set up yet. Waiting...and thanks Dina for the Samsung password. On the other thread, helped out alot.

Customer Since
    sept 1998

I used logcat | grep mms to view the transaction going on when I try to receive MMS.

For some reason (seems to be coded in the MMS) the address it is trying to pull the MMS from is 172.29.100.19
    When I ping 172.29.100.19 I get nothing. (from the phone)
    When I traceroute I get nothing.

When I nslookup mms.mycricket.com I get 172.29.100.15
    If I copy the contents of the inbound MMS and paste it to the browser and change the 19 to 15 then I download a wapenc.bin file.

Any ideas on where that bad IP is coming from? or how to rewrite it in the sms database?

Customer Since
    never
    Phone
    huh

ok so i am not on cricket at all i mainly work on boostmobile,sprint.(actually came here via a stupid verizon revolution that i have since thrown out a forty story window cause i hate it and was only a ten dollar investment)...i have worked with the sprint model s3 and it has been easy from day one...quick question what model are you guys having issues with mms? the sprint model is pretty easy to get working as mentioned earlier by someone here..basically it entails the same fix as the s2 make apn app on market a system app through titanium fix permissions done load a copy of your modified apn file but first make sure to open app and save current as this creates the proper folder where you would stick in your modified apn file...then simply open app again after all that and load your file...works period....now for verizon model its not as easy but i have one i did that works...the verizon version did not work with setting up the apn app as a system app just does not work!...so seeing as we can not or at least i could not edit these setting. I took a sprint model that i was able to get working on whatever say carrier after i saw mms working properly doing the blah blah blah system app thingy... i made a nandroid...then i made a nandroid of just the system using trwp. grabbed the verizon model and it being rooted i loaded up trwp and first did a nandroid. saved that off phone for incase. now in twrp trwp whaterver recovery i loaded the sprint stock rooted system only yes the only thing being flashed was the system portion nothing else....through twrp. it loaded fine with the standard sprint rom showing (kinda funny on a verizon phone seeing sprint 4g lol) but now was i not only able to already have apn system app done from doing it on the sprint model which it carried over and allowed me to load up my custom apn modified file but i was able to get into the menus as if it were a sprint model. no the phone did not brick yes the phone works mms stock app...now i know that i used a stock but i also tried a custom rom and was able to get it to work as well....its a frankenstein s3 but everything works EVERYTHING....thanks to a friend pointing me in the right direction as this was part of his fix...i just tried other stuff...not trying to take anyones money away just sharing as i dont do this for a living just do it cause i can! im not responsible if you damage blow up melt fry freeze water damage your phone...maybe this gets the creative ones thinking of a better method. personally the guy selling the fix for 5bucks i would go that route( for many of you) there now if you dare to take this route, and it does work cause i did it as well as few peeps i know! no more crying about mms not working or people being cheap! there is enough clients for all of you people. unless you flash in every state then your the exception!
    so bottom line have a sprint model to create the fix and system nandroid ....afterwards you only need that system nadroid for future verizon s3 maybe celluar ones (not sure as i dont have one)and get ya stuff working like a boss or spend twenty quarters from the guy mentioned here and be done with it......peace out laterz! hatin on the site doesnt help anyone..... Chris doing a good thing here! big ups!

by the way dont pm me the answers will always be on the forum!

edit....excuse any grammar,punctuation blah blah errors...too tired just did a double and seeing this thread thought i would chime in and make a few suggestions....
    Last edited by chimstar; 11-27-2012 at 07:08 PM.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

what if you were to create a nandroid from a cricket s3 and flash it to the others

Banned
    Overall activity: 5.0%

cliff notes on the long post

Customer Since
    never
    Phone
    huh

Quote Originally Posted by stevog View Post
    what if you were to create a nandroid from a cricket s3 and flash it to the others
    well as long as you have a original nandroid to go back in case you are more than welcome to try..(i would actually keep an original anyway)...but remember this only on cdma devices you could never use gsm roms etc as that im sure would cause some nasty stuff. aside from that only the system should be flashed... forgot which custom rom i used as i tried it with a few sprint ones, one was even almost carrierless in terms of no bloat or branding just straight touchwiz jb the verizon one i worked on was for a relative and she is happy no issues at all. Again im not fluent on cricket so not sure but i cant see why not...

i was thinking maybe since the cricket s3 is the same model number as the metro pcs and us cellular one maybe you can flash the stock cricket system to those. is that what a nandroid does?

Customer Since
    never
    Phone
    huh

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

stevog a nandroid is a backup of a phone that one does when rooted that gives the user lets say a kind of system restore point. generally if i did a nandroid on one phone i would not use that on another phone as it can cause problems (think of it like doing a backup of your laptop and using it on another laptop im sure it wont play nice) but for what i was doing since twrp recovery has options to flash certain portions of a full nandroid i only chose to flash the system portion only nothing else. everything else was unchecked in twrp recovery. in your case if you have a cricket stock nandroid that everything you know works mms, text, calls, data, then it should work.....i have heard those cellular s3 are real troublesome writing doesnt stick etc but i cant confirm that. i used the sprint variation as it allows me to work on all the settings with no problems. but if you can get it to work for cricket by using a stock rooted cricket system nandroid only...great! but i would still see if you could do the titanium pro making apn app a system app beforehand then do a nandroid system backup. but keep in mind i used a sprint s3 system on a verizon s3...cant say for certain what you ask would work as i have not tried that and always make a original nandroid whatever you may try. remember the risks.

im sure you know more or less what a nandroid is but i know many don't so was just trying to explain it easily for those who may not.
    Last edited by chimstar; 11-27-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Customer Since

172.29.100.19 think that is the verizon's Think i remember seeing it in /system.ect apn config.xml

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information