Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Thanks chimstar.

I've posted a few files from the Cricket Wireless S3. If anyone would like to look into other files, just let me know what you want to see.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

2. Remove this advertisement.

Hey Chris I have a huge question for you. I have a sprint SGS3 and I followed the directions to flash it, I am not new to this I have done this hundreds of times. Thing is I work for an indirect dealer and I did an esn change and when I went to put my sprint SGS3 on a plan the only plans that would pop up were the $45 pland and $35 plan. So I put it on the $45 plan, when I tried doing mraabs mms solution I get android phones only when I visit mms.cricketusers.com and I believe thats because I am using the $45 plan instead of the $50 plan :/ I do not live in a tri-band area I live in Maryland about an hour away from Baltimore :/ sooooo what I am wondering is how to get mms working....

Customer Since
    Sept 2009
    Phone
    Galaxy Note II

117micc, please redirect your MMS solution apk download to mmsfix.info and install that. That should fix your problem, and mraab always updates the download so you get the newest app. just send him $5.

thanks i will def send him some mooolllaa lol

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

Quote Originally Posted by 117micc View Post
    Hey Chris I have a huge question for you. I have a sprint SGS3 and I followed the directions to flash it, I am not new to this I have done this hundreds of times. Thing is I work for an indirect dealer and I did an esn change and when I went to put my sprint SGS3 on a plan the only plans that would pop up were the $45 pland and $35 plan. So I put it on the $45 plan, when I tried doing mraabs mms solution I get android phones only when I visit mms.cricketusers.com and I believe thats because I am using the $45 plan instead of the $50 plan :/ I do not live in a tri-band area I live in Maryland about an hour away from Baltimore :/ sooooo what I am wondering is how to get mms working....

Not that it will fix your MMS, but I had to go into a corporate store and ask them to put me on the Android plan...

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Yeah I don't think anyone has posted the native MMS fix. I posted some MMS files from the Cricket S3 to see if people could work with that though...
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by xblacklabelx View Post
    Ok... On another note. I have a us cellular gs3. I was able to get my settings to stick but
    my data only says connecting and than disconnects. To get the settings to stick write the NV items like the vgs3.
    And on data dont check the evdo antenna rx control box, it would go in and out of service. Took me a while to figure that out.
    I have seen that people have successfully fully flashed the uscgs3. Any help would be great thanks. I sent a request to put ot ony account
    But havnt had it set up yet. Waiting...and thanks Dina for the Samsung password. On the other thread, helped out alot.
    I also have the us cellular gs3 but it keeps going in and out of service even with that box not checked.

UPDATE: fixed the losing service and i have 3g but internet doesnt work.
    Last edited by stevog; 12-07-2012 at 05:22 PM.

Ok well i got the phone to work with 3g and greenk45 but i dont know if the 3g im getting is from cricket since the phone i got was still programed on us cellular. Also when i remove the sim card 3g doesnt work is that normal?

Hi, I have a Sprint GS3 which is working perfectly with calls and data as I dont use mms so no idea about that.
    My query is reg US Cellular, USC S3 even after programming does not work without the sim and i dont have a USC activated sim the error without sim is to insert a sim and if i have tried a verizon and sprint LTE sim but then it says Invalid sim and gives error that Mobile Network Unavailable. Phone info shows network but GSM says Emergency calls only and data tries to connect but disconnects after some time.
    Any workaround for someone who doesnot have US cellular lte sim to activate the device??

Overall activity: 4.0%

Hey everybody, I'm having an issue getting the device online in DFS. I can see it under diagnostics but it doesn't wanna come online. I've been trying to trouble shoot for the past 4 hours and nothing. It shows up just fine under device manager. But other than that. No luck. Anything is appreciated.

thanks

Nerd
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by mikespinks0401 View Post
    Hey everybody, I'm having an issue getting the device online in DFS. I can see it under diagnostics but it doesn't wanna come online. I've been trying to trouble shoot for the past 4 hours and nothing. It shows up just fine under device manager. But other than that. No luck. Anything is appreciated.

thanks

Not sure if this helps, but had this issue with a razr. You need to reboot both devices: pc and the phone.

Also, make sure you release the port from CDMA workshop, or anything you are using prior to DFS.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

YOU SAID: "Been working on the VM/MMS side of things and I have a "Work in Progress" MMS solution... Files: SecMms.apk, SecPhone.apk, apns-conf.xml "

Your solution makes sense to me, because in other platforms, the ROM that works the best in Cricket flashes are the Verizon ROMs.

I wonder if you should've included the SecMms.odx and SecPhone.odx files from the Verizon ROM; if you have access to them, can you provide them?
    I think it's worth to give them a try for a permanent good solution.

I was going to give a try by just modifying the configuration of the apns-conf.xml files in /system/app and /etc directories... when you read the apns-conf.xml files it tells you that such configuration file should match another file located in a different directory; however, the notes appear to be for a different phone model.

Overall activity: 4.0%

Quote Originally Posted by Dina View Post
    Not sure if this helps, but had this issue with a razr. You need to reboot both devices: pc and the phone.

Also, make sure you release the port from CDMA workshop, or anything you are using prior to DFS.
    Turns out it was the laptop not wanting to read the phone. Thanks though. Not thinking i became a paying member on this forum hoping to use the esn change. I just noticed that there is a message stating account services suspended. Is there anybody that can help me out in this area.

i just flashed my S3 over and i'm looking forward to using it. I saw some other people state that they've called cricket customer service before and they've helped them out. Unlucky for me, the tech i spoke to wasn't so nice. So if anybody can help. Plz inbox me. thnx

Quote Originally Posted by hrodrigu View Post
    YOU SAID: "Been working on the VM/MMS side of things and I have a "Work in Progress" MMS solution... Files: SecMms.apk, SecPhone.apk, apns-conf.xml "

Your solution makes sense to me, because in other platforms, the ROM that works the best in Cricket flashes are the Verizon ROMs.

I wonder if you should've included the SecMms.odx and SecPhone.odx files from the Verizon ROM; if you have access to them, can you provide them?
    I think it's worth to give them a try for a permanent good solution.

I was going to give a try by just modifying the configuration of the apns-conf.xml files in /system/app and /etc directories... when you read the apns-conf.xml files it tells you that such configuration file should match another file located in a different directory; however, the notes appear to be for a different phone model.
    I've manually editing te apns_conf.xml to match the apns that worked on my evo 3d but it doesn't seem to make a difference.

Overall activity: 1.0%
    Phone
    Epic 4G Touch

I was going to try the files Chrisngrod provided from the Cricket S3, but my rom is de-odexed so they won't work. A Verizon SecMms.apk should work, but a Sprint MMS.apk won't work. As far as I understand it, Sprint still uses a method for MMS that no one else uses.

If you're using a stock Sprint rom, or an odexed custom rom, you should be able to use Chris' files. I have done what Marcusdgd did as well... Basically, I just copy and paste my apn xml file into /system/etc and rename it to apns-conf.xml and double check the permissions. You can also just delete the telephony.db file, as it gets rebuilt automatically when you reboot the phone. Since it seems like I have had to do it a different way on different roms, I usually just go through the process of setting the apn's, replacing the mms apk, aps-conf.xml and deleting telephony.db.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information