Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Ok. So i finally figured out how to fully flash (NO MMS) the US Cellular Galaxy S3. I will post it here anyways despite not being helped in the forum. First I used cdma workshop 2.7 to send the correct password for USC GS3 (2010031619780721) - thanks xblacklabelx. Then I closed the program, and opened qpst 2.7 build 378 (Neither CDMA Workshop 2.7 or DFS would write to the phone even after using correct password and SPC). I read from the phone with the default USC SPC (000000). Then the program would successfully write to the phone. I proceeded to program talk, text, and data. The 3g symbol does not show up on the phone, but data does work correctly, and streaming video worked without changing any settings.

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 2.0%

Hey all. Does anyone have a tutorial on how to get a Verizon S3 onto Page Plus? I am switching over to the S3 from one of those cheapo Verizon pre-paid flip phones that is already on Page Plus. I also plan on using DFS to do the flash unless there is a better tool. Any help would be greatly appreciated! TIA

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

The folks that made DFS gave me this link. Even though it is for getting the iPhone 4S on Page Plus. They said the operator settings are the same for all phones.

"The data of the operator the same for all phones. The main thing to make in the database MEID phone."

http://cdmatool.com/DownloadFiles/Ma...20PagePlus.pdf

Hello, Iīm having problems to unlock this phone, I take ir to a local store and they couldnīt flash it. I want to ask you If you could get the MSL from your sch-r530u?

triple checked everything and I've got the flash correct, but I get 2 errors. The phone itself tells me that my username and/or password are incorrect and I get an error when trying to pull the mobile IP info., It simply refuses to connect to the mibile network, and this is the second droid on my account thats done this.

Any troubleshooting tips are greatly appreciated

Customer Since
    Oct. 2012

Re: Full Flash Verizon / Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 to Cricket: Talk, Text, MMS,

Quote Originally Posted by SunBee View Post
    triple checked everything and I've got the flash correct, but I get 2 errors. The phone itself tells me that my username and/or password are incorrect and I get an error when trying to pull the mobile IP info., It simply refuses to connect to the mibile network, and this is the second droid on my account thats done this.

Any troubleshooting tips are greatly appreciated
    I've been having the same problem for months

I'm about to cancel data on my plan

Quote Originally Posted by bigsc View Post
    I've been having the same problem for months

I'm about to cancel data on my plan
    Called 611 to see if they would tell me what had been done to my account (ie changed the password) and they basically refused to help me. She told me to go back to the store I had my phone flashed at, after power cycling my phone. After telling her that I didn't have anyone flash the phone, she flat out told me that only dealers can have usernames and passwords for 3G access.

As I have posted in another thread, the phone works great in Modesto CA, but will not connect to the data network here in Portland. Going back over the flash again, going to use qpst this time to see if that works.

Also found a bunch of sprint proxies in the data menu...very frustrating not knowing what all they do and if i can zero them out. I believe MMSC is mms, but what is DSST and browser?

EDIT: My wife's laptop, and switching to simple, worked.

If you are having issues with getting 3G, make sure the drivers are installed right (Windows update on Win7 x64 did it up right, the download from Samsung did not) and for me all I had to do was switch from mobile to simpleIP in the Mobile IP tab, hit write, good to go. Profile had been written previously so no need to write a second time.
    Last edited by SunBee; 01-18-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Trying to get Verizon GS3 onto Ting (sprint mvno) using donor

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Zeman View Post
    Thank for you maintaining a great site!

I just bought a Verizon S3, rooted, unlocked the bootloader and installed CM10. I installed DFS CDMA Tool and followed the video but am having a bit of trouble. I should say that I'm attempting to put the info in from my A600 USB modem. I don't expect to get service from it but was hoping to see SOMETHING work.

The info I enter on the NAM tab isn't writing to the phone. These are the messages I get in the log:
    Code:
    SET SCM CPS_OK OK
    SET MOB_CAI_REV CPS_OK OK
    SET PREF_MODE CPS_OK OK
    SET CDMA_PREF_SERV CPS_OK OK
    SET CDMA_SID_LOCK CPS_OK OK
    SET CDMA_SID_ACQ CPS_OK OK
    SET PCDMACH CPS_OK OK
    SET SCDMACH CPS_OK OK
    SET MIN1 CPS_OK ITEM_WAS_READ_ONLY
    SET MIN2 CPS_OK ITEM_WAS_READ_ONLY
    SET CUR_NAM CPS_OK OK
    SET AUTO_NAM CPS_OK OK
    SET NAME_NAM CPS_OK OK
    SET BANNER CPS_OK OK
    SET CALL_RSTRC CPS_OK OK
    SET DIR_NUMBER CPS_OK COMMAND_FAILED
    SET DIR_NUMBER_PCS CPS_OK COMMAND_FAILED
    SET SID_NID_LOCK CPS_OK OK
    SET SYSTEM_PREF CPS_OK OK
    SET IMSI_T_S1 CPS_OK ITEM_WAS_READ_ONLY
    SET IMSI_T_S2 CPS_OK ITEM_WAS_READ_ONLY
    SET PREF_VOICE_SO CPS_OK OK
    SET BAND_PREF CPS_OK OK
    SET ROAM_PREF CPS_OK OK
    SET CDMA_SO68_ENABLED CPS_OK OK
    Any ideas?

On another note, the textboxes for MN HA SPI set and MN AAA SPI set on the Mobile IP tab only allow three characaters and they show four characters in the video. Is that a big deal?

Thank you,
    Chris

Anyone know why flashitnow worked by any chance? I had my VZW GS3 working on ting for a day or so (used DFS + a ting donor phone I purchased), then suddenly stopped. The donor phone will still work fine on the network (obviously I don't run both at the same time).

That said, I'm running into the same issue Chris is having where I can set everything in DFS except my NAM settings (MIN,MDN,MCC,etc.) . About to try using flashitnow, hopefully it'll work.

Nevermind. I fully powered down my phone a couple times and the settings finally are writeable. Currently have a VZW GS3 running on ting, haven't tested data yet though. I'm just using DFS to do everything, and backing up with the QPST rev the OP linked to.

Also using the ting PRL listed in the ting forums, hoping that will stop my earlier issue of getting kicked off the network after a day.

I'm sorry for posting this here but I've asked the page plus section helpers and I've got no answers so I've got usc s3 and I'm trying to flash it over to page plus. .. connected to cdma ws fine connect to dfs fine but I can't make a call. ..I get this sim card in notification bar. ... any help would be great

Those 2 codes didnt work for the metro pcs r530m gs3

Does anyone have the 16 digit for metro or vzw galaxy s3 or one that will work?

oh so confussled. Ive gone to the links for each posted at start of the thread. Nothing is as simple as it ought to be or maybe my brain has stopped. Anyway one like took me to amazon? could someone please post out the exact addys to the programs i need. The cdma tool doesnt have a software heading so confussing and im not certain where the samsung drivers are. rather not brick my phone. otherwise i think i got it. just pick up phone push a few button, few more few more oooooohhhhhhhh looky a real pretty paper weight! J/K. Anyways thank you all! alot of great help on this thread. BTW if you cant find it read it or wanna bitch about find a new site no one cares!

Jumpmaster
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Quote Originally Posted by runner933 View Post
    I'm sorry for posting this here but I've asked the page plus section helpers and I've got no answers so I've got usc s3 and I'm trying to flash it over to page plus. .. connected to cdma ws fine connect to dfs fine but I can't make a call. ..I get this sim card in notification bar. ... any help would be great
    Try changing to NV only. If you have CM10.1 there is a setting where you can choose it inside the OS.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

ok like i said i was tired. got up on a good nights rest had phone flashed in 20 mins. all works good. working on lte 4g and mms now. will let you all know how it goes
    thank you so much for the thread its awesome!
    and if anyone needs to be added to cricket network let me know i found a guy does it fast.

Overall activity: 1.0%

Can someone please help me?
    I'm trying to flash my verizon galaxy S3 using cdma tool. I enter my nam settings and hit write but the settings don't stay. The log says
    MODE CHANGE OfflineD OK
    SAMSUNG Mobile USB Serial Port (COM4) Complete
    Am I doing something wrong?

1 did u connect to the port?
    2 did u enter the unlock code? u must enter it in spr an hit the arrow if you do not it will not allow for any changes

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information