Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Flashed S3 issue in Ohio

Short of the story is that I have a Sprint S3 that I took to my Cricket dealer to flash. He said he could, but so far it hasn't worked. He flashes it, and it works fine in Dayton. But when I go to Columbus (which I do daily), I drop all data. He claims it's due to the PRL, and he has tried three different ones. I know a little about flashing, but not enough to know if he's screwing me over in hopes of selling me one of his phones, or if he just doesn't know what he's doing.

So, does any one have any ideas, or maybe a PRL that is sure to work for me?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Customer Since
    oct 2011
    Phone
    flashed note 2

Did you *228 after getting it activated?

Nerd
    Overall activity: 0%
    Phone
    Kyocera Dorado

Quote Originally Posted by gixgirl View Post
    Short of the story is that I have a Sprint S3 that I took to my Cricket dealer to flash. He said he could, but so far it hasn't worked. He flashes it, and it works fine in Dayton. But when I go to Columbus (which I do daily), I drop all data. He claims it's due to the PRL, and he has tried three different ones. I know a little about flashing, but not enough to know if he's screwing me over in hopes of selling me one of his phones, or if he just doesn't know what he's doing.

So, does any one have any ideas, or maybe a PRL that is sure to work for me?
    Columbus belongs to the partner network, depending on Cricket's contract there with the roaming partner, you might not get 3g. You can also try to buy the cheapest cheapest phone, going to columbus, and testing if it gets 3g. If it does, then get the prl number, and load it onto your phone. Ask your dealer to try a hybrid prl. If it gets 3g in Dayton- it means the evdo settings are fine. So he is right- it is your prl (or that partner network coverage issue). Try page plus cellular if you can't resolve it with Cricket. Those guys run on verizon and have a way better coverage.
    If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?

Thread Information