Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

I Think I Dropped My IMEI

I decided to go and try an MMS fix from XDA, however the "fix" was intended for the Epic 4G, and clearly stated that it may or may not work for other phones. No biggie. I backed up, flashed the fix, and rebooted to find that I lost my phone number, MIN, and prl. Whoops.

Flashed back to stock, rebooted, and stock updated on me, effectively locking me out of re-flashing the phone.

Amoamare has posted
    a great tutorial on repairing/rebuilding your IMEI

that I will try once I get moved and get internet moved to my new place. This is for l757 only, and will not work with sprint models.

Questions: Is it possible for me to get my phone back into a stock condition that still allows flashing, or is it permanently locked now. If its possible to get back to flash able condition, do you recommend a stock or custom rom for flashing?

EDIT: No, it's there and it's correct. Flashed back to straight up stock, and am gonna refuse it an update as I have my old SPC back after trying ##RTN#. Hopefully it will flash back when I get home.

A: there are all sorts of recoveries available, from stock to rooted stock, and this is how I've been going back to stock. For fixing the no service issue I used ##72786# from TouchWiz (stock) dialer. I am reflashing now.

Last edited by SunBee; 03-01-2013 at 01:55 AM.

2. Remove this advertisement.

Thread Information