Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since

Need help getting my Sprint Galaxy S3 flashed on Cricket.. please help!

So about 2-3 months ago, I purchased a Sprint Galaxy S3 from eBay with a bad ESN. I took the phone to Revol Wireless here in Columbus, OH and for $110 or so, they flashed my phone and added a month of service. It was all good. Then, on December 16th, every Revol member got a text from Revol stating that Revol was going out of business in 30 days, on Jan 16th. Great! Now I need a new provider, and I can't use Boost with the bad ESN on Sprint. I did some searching and Cricket seemed like it would be good. The problem is that Cricket is not sold anywhere in the Columbus area. I read on this site that I could flash the phone on my own and get it activated on Cricket. Cool. Found the tutorial using DFS and flashed my phone. Couldn't find any local PRLs, so I used the one here that says, "generic PRL", I think the first one in that section. I get no bars at all with that, which may be because of either the area, or the fact that it's not activated. Saturday, my wife and I decided to drive to Walmart in Springfield, OH. It's about 45 miles from Columbus.

So we are sitting in the Walmart parking lot (inside this store they sell Cricket phones) on Sat, Jan 18. I thought that maybe I would have bars if I was in a "Cricket area", but no dice. I went ahead and gave 1-800-CRICKET a call. I told them I had a flashed phone that I needed to activate. Cool. The lady asked for my ESN, name, address (gave her gave her an address in Springfield that I Googled just in case that mattered) and for payment of $52.XX for the first month of service.

This is where the problems began. Of course I gave my correct billing address and all the relevant debit card information. The card was declined, she said due to "incorrect security code" on my PNC card. We went over it numerous times. Even tried my wife's card tied to the same account and a third card I have with Huntington. Same error every time. Called the banks yesterday and they didn't know the problem. There are currently 3 transactions from Cricket sitting in "pending" status between my wife and I, that we are told will drop off.

Hmm, what to do? I had previously called the closest Cricket authorized dealer to me that said they'd be able to flash my phone. That store is in Dayton, OH, about another 45 miles or so further away. By the time we get there, it's 6:30 or so, and they close at 7pm. I told the guy everything with hopes that he could flash the puppy for me. He tried, but he said there was a problem. The 800 number had put a "Code" on my ESN that he's never seen before and it was preventing the flash. Great.. just great!...

He told me to call the 800 number so they could remove this and he'd be able to flash my phone (for $65, of course, $50+15). I didn't know what else to do.. Anyway, I called and the guy from the 800 number had no idea what I was talking about. I gave the phone (my wife's WORKING phone) to the dealer and he had no luck explaining it to him either. The end result, he said, was to go to a corporate store on Monday and have them fix it for me, since he couldn't, not being corporate. I didn't pay anything here.

Well, we had another idea. On the way home, we stopped back at the Walmart mentoned above. I bought the cheapest Cricket phone they had, and a $35 top up card, paying cash. We get out to the car and I have no problem activating the new Kyocera Kona on mycricket.com. Great, once step closer! The website asked if I wanted to port my old number and when I put it in, it said it should be portable. Even better! I called the "porting department" and he said that since Revol went out of business two days ago, porting was impossible. Oh well. At least I ended up with a local "614" number.

So I input my ESN into checkESNfree.com and it says, under Cricket, "callCheck", which I understand means, "call cricket to release ESN", which I think I tried, back at the dealer as stated above.

What I am wondering now is, what are my options here? I've pretty much given up hope of recovering my old number, although I do have the account number and pin Revol said I would need.

I tried ##DATA# on the new Kona and I can't figure out the MSL code. It's not 123456, 000000, 1111111, 3333333 or 654321, or any single repeated number. I wanted to try and rip the PRL from it to put on the Galaxy. Looking at "Phone Info", the PRL on the working phone, the Kona, is 4633. Cricket service works great on the Kona back here in Columbus, OH.

So is there anyone on here that would be able to help me get my Galaxy S3 working on Cricket, with or without my old phone number. I really can't go back to using a "dumb phone" full time. What's my best option, ESN swap I suppose? Would that work? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tom

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    1000 B.C.
    Phone
    Kyocera K132

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Tom from one Ohioan to the next, ill help you, send me a private message and ill get you going

Overall activity: 4.0%

Customer Since

I sent you another PM. Hopefully we can get this thing going soon! I appreciate it.

Thread Information