Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Questions about flashing with new service.

My phone was on Sprint, I would like to get it flashed over to Cricket. If I were to flash the phone myself, would I have to activate a Cricket account first? I do not have another phone that I can activate on the account and I'd like to have it flashed before starting the service. The reason I ask is because I noticed that you needed a phone number to flash a phone over to cricket.

Would I have to activate an account first?
    Does the phone have to be your number?
    or
    Could I use a random cricket number?

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    Customer Since
    Phone
    Galaxy S 3

Yes you need an open cricket account before you flash it otherwise you won't have the necessary info needed. And you'll be wasting your time flashing twice and risk making an accidental mistake and causing any problems that could have been avoided. Just activate a cheap $25-30 phone on an unlimited plan, flash your S3 over, have all info for your account(phone etc)changed over thru this website and support this site and save yourself the excess money. It's only $7 here to swap the ESN on your account(last time I looked) and $15 thru a cricket store. That is the best deal you'll find and definitely without any and all hassles from a sales rep that doesn't want to do it in the store. I'm not sure about obtaining a 4G sim card for cricket but I'm sure there's a way. Good luck with your phone

Thread Information