Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Overall activity: 0%

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

sprint galaxy s3 MMS solution confirmed working great.......

credit goes to Cameron Aldrich from US galaxy s3.

if you follow this to the T it works

Alright guys, Let's do it again!

Okay, so getting MMS working SHOULD be pretty straight-forward. You should be pretty comfortable with using Root Explorer or ES File Explorer and poking around in the root section of your phone. Speaking of that, your phone needs to be rooted to do the needed steps. I won't go into that here, as this is for MMS, but if your phone isn't rooted yet... What are you waiting for??

One last disclaimer - Since your phone is rooted, you should also make sure you create a CWM backup. It's not really necessary, but it just takes a few minutes and you should always keep a backup of your phone. You never know when you will need it, but when you do, you will be happy you did!

Alright... Enough chit-chat. Let's get started.

You need a few things:

1- ES File Explorer or Root Explorer. Download from Google Play. Make sure you go into the settings and give them R/W permission.

2- APN Backup and Restore, also from Google Play.

3- The ZIP file here:

cricket ics mms.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Unzip and put on your SD Card.

There are a lot of different ways to set your APN's, but I have always preferred APN Backup and Restore. It doesn't work out of the box with ICS/JB, but they have some basic instructions on how to get it to work in the description.

With Root File Explorer or ES File Explorer, copy the Mms1.apk (You can rename it to Mms.apk if you want. I don't remember why I didn't in the first place LOL) and go to /system/app and paste it. From there, press and hold Mms.apk until the menu pops up. I think with Root Explorer you can choose permissions from that menu, but with ES File Explorer, the last option "Properties" and then permissions. The first column, all three boxes checked, the second column just the top box and the last column nothing is checked.

It's a good idea to scroll down and find SecMms.apk and either delete it, or rename it to something like SecMms.bak. Same thing if there's a SecMms.odex... Rename it as well.

That should be it... reboot the phone and try it out. If it doesn't work, double check your APN settings, and finally, I had some trouble with AOSP roms until I copied the APN and replaced the contents of apn-conf.xml in /system/etc with the apn file's contents.

If you use the APN included in the ZIP file, make sure to open it with ES File and change the 0000000@cricket.com to your 10 digit phone number. I don't really come to this forum much, but I will do my best to help anyone. A PM might be needed since I get an email notification.

I hope this helps anyone who needs it... I always say that if you can't do this, by all means check out Mraab's MMS solution. It's only $5, and is a small price to pay for a fully functioning phone! Me... I just like to mess around with stuff and figure out how to make it work. So even though it gets frustrating, and takes a lot of time, it is worth taking the time to read and learn and not be afraid to break my phone!

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Phone
    HTC Evo LTE

Re: sprint galaxy s3 MMS solution confirmed working great.......

The download link is not working

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mexiking713 View Post
    The download link is not working

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
    i just tried the download link and it works just fine it goes to a 4shared site and then i hit download free and it works.

i will post another download link for this when i get off work tonight.

also i had to creat a login for the 4shared site... you can wait for tonight or creat a login the site is legit so i just created a simple login and i was good to go..

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

cricket ics mms.zip

here is the files you need for those that cant download them.....

I tried this on a sprint note 2 flashed to cricket on a aosp ROM. Thumbs up for a good working MMS solution.

Overall activity: 79.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Samsung note 2

Beautiful fix. Such a relief. Thank you so much!! I didnt use titanium back up though because I never use it and switching apps to system requires donation. i used /system app mover from play store.

I have to admit at first it didnt work because I didn't delete my previous apns just restored on top of the old ones. Once I deleted them all and restored it sure did. Thanks!

I do not have a /system/app folder using ES file explorer

Overall activity: 79.0%

Customer Since
    Phone
    Samsung note 2

Quote Originally Posted by xmr11rmx View Post
    I do not have a /system/app folder using ES file explorer

you have to give root permission to es file explorer. its in settings>>root settings

tick root file explorer up to root and mount system

Phone
    Sprint SPH-L710

Anyone else have issues installing the apk? Tried re-downloading 3x (twice from the 2nd link and once from 4shared). Moved it to system/app, fixed permissions, changed mms.apk and secmms.apk to .bak, reboot and no mms1 in the app drawer. Also tried installing straight from system/app to no avail. Tried on two touchwiz and one aokp rom. APNs seem to be working great though. (at least 3g is finally showing activity when I send mms on stock app!) So close I can taste it! Any ideas?

Customer Since
    May 2008

Has any gotten or tried the native mms apk from the cricket gs3? Just curious and if possible does any one have a copy of said APK.

Quote Originally Posted by senseless View Post
    Anyone else have issues installing the apk? Tried re-downloading 3x (twice from the 2nd link and once from 4shared). Moved it to system/app, fixed permissions, changed mms.apk and secmms.apk to .bak, reboot and no mms1 in the app drawer. Also tried installing straight from system/app to no avail. Tried on two touchwiz and one aokp rom. APNs seem to be working great though. (at least 3g is finally showing activity when I send mms on stock app!) So close I can taste it! Any ideas?

ok did you rename mms1.apk to mms.apk if not do that. then you also have to rename the SecMms.odex in the /system/app. also maybe this will help. this works perfect on the stock rom so i havent changed it, if anyone has another rom that it also works on post it please.

I had some trouble with AOSP roms until I copied the APN and replaced the contents of apn-conf.xml in /system/etc with the apn file's contents.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/newreply...#ixzz2LP0OepjF

Is there a working version of this for those with Sprint GS3's flashed to PagePlus? Would love to run an AOSP rom on my gs3 with working MMS.

Phone
    Sprint SPH-L710

Quote Originally Posted by cruz1383 View Post
    ok did you rename mms1.apk to mms.apk if not do that. then you also have to rename the SecMms.odex in the /system/app. also maybe this will help. this works perfect on the stock rom so i havent changed it, if anyone has another rom that it also works on post it please.

I had some trouble with AOSP roms until I copied the APN and replaced the contents of apn-conf.xml in /system/etc with the apn file's contents.

Read more: http://www.cricketusers.com/newreply...#ixzz2LP0OepjF
    Got it to work on stock rom, then flashed back to my daily and repeated all the steps. Works great! Thanks!screenshot_2013-02-21-08-38-09.jpgscreenshot_2013-02-21-08-34-16.png

Overall activity: 71.0%

Tries it on my stock note 2 didnt work an didnt know how to apply the apns. Could do i replace the xml file or just copy an paste the contents into the other one?

sent from my Cricket Note 2

eddie you have to follow the instructions it works on the note 2 i have a friend that did it to his note 2 and another member a few posts up also confirmed that it works..

now has anyone used this on 4.1.2 MB1 update as i keep getting the update phone message and cant get rid of it???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information