Signup Now
In order to make a post or to start a new thread and or to interact with other
members of this board, you wil need to create an account first.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ. You have to register before you can post. If you have any problems, please contact us.
Flash a phone to Cricket Wireless Become a supporting member of Cricket Users Forum

Welcome to Cricket Users!

Overall activity: 0%

Customer Since
    Aug 2009

USCC S3 w/ Cricket?

Hi -

I have an EVO 4g (OG!) phone I've had flashed with Cricket (flashed myself). And I'm looking to upgrade my phone.

I love the S3, but can't afford much for a phone - so I have access to a USCC S3, supposedly fine, just from USCC at a lower cost than other S3s. But if I buy it, and it's not compatible with Cricket I won't get another chance to buy a phone as this is all the money I have

I was wondering - can a USCC S3 be flashed to Cricket? Is there anything that cannot be flashed over (ie 4G, MMS, Voicemail indicator, etc)?

Is there anything I should look for on the phone (ie ESN/IMEI, Model Number, Firmware version, etc) - anything to avoid or anything that is better to find here?

Thanks so much - if someone could help quickly that would be great bc I'm not sure how long the phone will be available for. Sincerely - B.

---------- Post added at 02:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I've looked over so much information - from what I understand is a USCC phone is more difficult than others, I may need a paid version of CDMA Workshop to fully flash. So - to answer my question I would say "yes", but I haven't found yet a definitive guide just for USCC S3s and was wondering if anyone with experience could help me with some tips/information.

Also does anyone know if voicemail indication will work after flashing the USCC S3 to Cricket? I've seen on some forums it can't be flashed over?

And - as I understand any 4G LTE capable Android smartphone flashed to Cricket will need a new 4G SIM card to work on Cricket's 4G LTE network? Does that work the same across the board for all phones - or is it by original carrier or brand or type of phone?

Thanks so much - any help on any of these questions is greatly appreciated :-)

2. Remove this advertisement.
    Jumpmaster
    Overall activity: 0%
    Customer Since
    Sept 2010
    Phone
    Note 3 / Galaxy S5

Last time I checked, a phone flasher friend of mine said it could be done with a little more work. I've moved this into the CDMA S3 section. That is where you should be looking for threads on this topic. Good luck.
    Please check the forum and post there before PMing me. I have over 674 unread PMs due to the fact that they are issues which should have been addressed here.

If you need to buy something from (Ebay), please use this LINK every time and support the forum!

Thread Information